Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Hobart aren't that stupid to get sucked into another Premier League.

Yes I'd think so. At the moment anyway. They'd want some decent guide lines if they were to rejoin a TFL comp of some sort.

Right now they've just enjoyed bashing up Claremont. They need some time in the sun. Getting a few scalps for a change will do them good. ;)

What’s happened to the social media coverage that league has had?
I thought it was one area they had got right over the last couple of years.
Podcasts, coaches press conferences, tribunal reports and multiple games live streamed.

It’s pretty disappointing really and quite surprising actually given Damian Gill first came into the role as media manager, have they just given up? Where’s Andy Bennett? Couldn’t have had anymore praise heaped on the appointment but where’s he been since?

Podcasts, coaches press conferences, tribunal reports and multiple games live streamed.

It’s pretty disappointing really and quite surprising actually given Damian Gill first came into the role as media manager, have they just given up? Where’s Andy Bennett? Couldn’t have had anymore praise heaped on the appointment but where’s he been since?
They used to a have guy who was full time media. He was cut when COVID cuts came into place. Hence now I think they rely on student volunteers.

I wondered the same thing. No games filmed over the weekend and a miserable coverage of the round.
Same with the SFL this season, Duff TV did a fine job last season but apart from a couple of games on Good Friday where they plonked a camera near the boundary fence, there's been nothing either.
Very disappointing all round.
Both competitions poorly covered this year.
I actually saw Andy Bennett at Claremont on Saturday, walking around the ground by himself and at one stage was standing behind the Claremont bench. Never said a word to anybody the entire day.

I wondered the same thing. No games filmed over the weekend and a miserable coverage of the round.
Same with the SFL this season, Duff TV did a fine job last season but apart from a couple of games on Good Friday where they plonked a camera near the boundary fence, there's been nothing either.
Very disappointing all round.
Both competitions poorly covered this year.
I actually saw Andy Bennett at Claremont on Saturday, walking around the ground by himself and at one stage was standing behind the Claremont bench. Never said a word to anybody the entire day.

Whats he supposed to say?

The fact he's at an SFL game is surely a good thing.?

Backpage of today’s Mercury and we’ve got an Old Scholars coach featured after his side won by 290 points, that’s everything wrong with Tasmanian football right there.

Backpage of today’s Mercury and we’ve got an Old Scholars coach featured after his side won by 290 points, that’s everything wrong with Tasmanian football right there.

Well. no.

Its everything wrong with sensationalist media.

They'll have reporters & photographers at the next game, hoping for a footy massacre & a few suicides from the coaching staff.

Hello, perhaps? 🤔
Must admit, he did cut a rather forlorn figure, I wonder if he's realising what a massive (and pretty much impossible) task he's got ahead of him.
Rather him than me!

Haha! I guess so.:)

He would be there to watch the local footy scene.

I'm sure he'd be talking to clubs at other times.

Doesn't really need to be chatting on a Saturday during the heat of battle.

Actually I went to KGV on Saturday with my mad magpie mate. I saw him there & he was talking to someone. They didn't have club gear on so probably not a club official. I wouldn't know how long he was at that game. He may be zipping about some venue's on Saturday's. Good if he is.

Yes, what he hopes to achieve, or even what's possible is quite unknown to us at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found that laughable to be honest, the picture of Jaye Bowden was half the back page or even a little bigger, only for the Old Scholars review to be a couple of paragraphs!

I found that laughable to be honest, the picture of Jaye Bowden was half the back page or even a little bigger, only for the Old Scholars review to be a couple of paragraphs!
News limited story only interested with sensationalist media stories. As mentioned by madmag half a page picture of Jaye on the blowout and then you struggle to find a small paragraph on the rest of the league, but what do you expect from your local Harvey Norman catalogue with a news insert.

They will be hoping for floggings so easy to write up a train wreck then try and be proactive. More interested in the pipe dream of the AFL Dream, the local Murdoch rag have been pushing that barrow for 30 plus years.

Fear for Richmond and Claremont hope they can hold tough for the season.

Well. no.

Its everything wrong with sensationalist media.

They'll have reporters & photographers at the next game, hoping for a footy massacre & a few suicides from the coaching staff.

Well. no.

The sensationalist media is just part of it, the scoreline another, the loss of Richmonds players another and St Virgils gaining and paying that many players in a lower league another.

Well. no.

The sensationalist media is just part of it, the scoreline another, the loss of Richmonds players another and St Virgils gaining and paying that many players in a lower league another.

Well, no, you were addressing the media's actions. You said it was 'everything wrong with Tassie footy'.

Another topic is player payments.

I don't disagree, but in the OSFA the same has been said of Hutchins, DOSA, OHA & Richmond in the past.

So what do they do about it?

Well, no, you were addressing the media's actions. You said it was 'everything wrong with Tassie footy'.

I don't disagree, but in the OSFA the same has been said of Hutchins, DOSA, OHA & Richmond in the past.

I was more addressing the whole situation around it

Richmond yes - not sure about the other 3 tho?

The mercury are horrible at publicising our southern football. It absolutely stinks. There are so many stories each week that could be publicised but aren't. Very poor.

Foot is in a dire state in Tasmania and the media do not help us grow

The local media are too busy driving the AFL team. Cynic in me feels they only want an AFL team to report on so they get relevance nationally for their own careers.

Last edited:

I've heard them being criticised at different times over the years. Usually after they've picked up some players or won a flag.

Doesn't make it true or false. Taking shots at the current situation seems like just a repeat of past seasons to me.

I guess if its the same club with players year after year, then it MAY look the case.

I think the SFL & TSL clubs would have had bigger issues like this over the years.

+ uni!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back