Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
'He who pays the piper, calls the tune'.

The AFL have the money so they do what they want, when they want.
Yer mate. I just don’t get how it’s better then playing a real game? Like I legit would like to know? Most of the devils players are only average TSL players so surely it’s good to play and test yourself? I’m legit dumbfounded.

Yer mate. I just don’t get how it’s better then playing a real game? Like I legit would like to know? Most of the devils players are only average TSL players so surely it’s good to play and test yourself? I’m legit dumbfounded.

I agree. The lads get a better test playing against men in club games than pretend hit outs.

I agree. The lads get a better test playing against men in club games than pretend hit outs.
From the games I have seen this year, Leary from North Launceston would be the most impressive junior in the state. The other Devils I'm familiar with have as much chance of being drafted as I have of being drafted to fight in Vietnam.

From the games I have seen this year, Leary from North Launceston would be the most impressive junior in the state. The other Devils I'm familiar with have as much chance of being drafted as I have of being drafted to fight in Vietnam.
FWIW that's a good call buffalo soldier he was really impressive last week against NH. Very clever player

King by 46 over Glen
Laun by 125 over NH
NL by 50 over Lauderdale

Real happy with my tips. Probably shouldve seen kinborough winning by more than 46.

I heard they signed Kennedy for another year too. Although he was interested in the devils job if that became available.

Lauderdale are hopeless too.

Looks like Scott Wade is set to be the Clarence president.

here I was thinking no football club/organisation would touch him with a 10 foot pole. I've seen everything!

Looks like Scott Wade is set to be the Clarence president.

here I was thinking no football club/organisation would touch him with a 10 foot pole. I've seen everything!

I actually don't mind it. I think he will be great for us. He's done wonders at the cricket club as president. Little bit different to being admin of competition. Margaret has been fantastic for the club, sad to see her go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually don't mind it. I think he will be great for us. He's done wonders at the cricket club as president. Little bit different to being admin of competition. Margaret has been fantastic for the club, sad to see her go.
Bloke single handedly destroyed football in Tasmania. He was at the helm for 16 years and in that time the stage of the game diminished.

Each to their own, happy to be proven wrong!

Bloke single handedly destroyed football in Tasmania. He was at the helm for 16 years and in that time the stage of the game diminished.

Each to their own, happy to be proven wrong!

Yeah I'm not disputing anything. I said being a president is a bit different than admin role he was in. As a club president, he is just focusing on improving that one club. The Clarence Cricket Club is flourishing now. He's done wonders there.

Hearing Devils players may not play TSL finals at all and if they do it would be only Grand final? What a shame for those players and clubs.
The NAB league has been a monumental blunder.

Hearing Devils players may not play TSL finals at all and if they do it would be only Grand final? What a shame for those players and clubs.
The NAB league has been a monumental blunder.

Why won't they play finals?

Yeah I'm not disputing anything. I said being a president is a bit different than admin role he was in. As a club president, he is just focusing on improving that one club. The Clarence Cricket Club is flourishing now. He's done wonders there.

The cricket club grew in strength due to the move of the TCA to the developing Bellerive oval in the mid 1980's That was courtesy of Dennis Rogers.

They attracted players because they played on the major cricket stadium, they made money when major games were played, the footy club did too. The TCA finally kicked club cricket out when CCC were moved to a fantastic new facility at Rosny Park.

Maybe explain how Mr Wade has helped the club flourish now when its benefitted from all this for the last 35 years or so?

Mr Wade was CFC GM when they got kicked out of a certain facility for some sort of alleged financial 'irregularity'. CFC people blamed him for a massive debt CFC had built up after the spending on successes of the 1990's. I know some wanted him hung drawn & quartered for that mess. CFC sold their old clubrooms at Petchey st Bellerive to help pay off some of that debt.

Mr Wade was AFLTas CEO when Clarence 'benefitted' from recruiting TAS Devils players. When the Devils were killed off funny how so many Devils players stayed at CFC on the small salary cap! hahahaha!!

Salary cap & CFC should never be used in the same sentence!! ;)

Just wrap the Devils program up for the year now surely?
Launceston 140 Glenorchy have lots of ours again for a trip up North.
Lauderdale 30 North Hobart get their Devils which will help make it close
Kingborough 10 Tigers a more settled unit

Webberley stating in today’s Mercury that Clarence should replace him with an “outsider”. Interesting comments, one would think Garland would be the man for the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back