Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

Josh Green... no lose there.
Don't really want to lose Colin though. He has so much to offer us. He shows care and commitment.

I heard Aaron Cornelious is the number 1 candidate for our job.

Didn't want Glenorchys job due to everyone leaving.

Was also told by my Brighton contact that Webster and Daly demanded 25k each to be co playing coaches. The club refused. Didn't have anyone else. Begged Howard to come back. He didn't. So they crumbled and gave in to them. Will pay them what they want now.

Well unless they can get more clubs competitive this league is stuffed, the two Launceston teams dominate so it’s just bloody boring. Needs a strong nw team to suck some of the strength out of those teams and the southern teams just pillage them selves by flogging players from their own just like what Clarence did to north Hobart this year, all that does is weaken the whole player pool.

don’t know how you stop clubs doing that. Clarence have always been a classic for it and Kingston catching up as well

somehow the northern dominance has to be challenged or every season is a waste of effort and time.
bring back regional footy I say

Well unless they can get more clubs competitive this league is stuffed, the two Launceston teams dominate so it’s just bloody boring. Needs a strong nw team to suck some of the strength out of those teams and the southern teams just pillage them selves by flogging players from their own just like what Clarence did to north Hobart this year, all that does is weaken the whole player pool.

don’t know how you stop clubs doing that. Clarence have always been a classic for it and Kingston catching up as well

somehow the northern dominance has to be challenged or every season is a waste of effort and time.

Unless there is a third team in the competition from the Northern end of the state it will just Peter out to nothing in the next year or so.

I don’t care where the team is from, NWC or Launceston but there just has to be another team up there.

Don't really want to lose Colin though. He has so much to offer us. He shows care and commitment.

Was also told by my Brighton contact that Webster and Daly demanded 25k each to be co playing coaches. The club refused. Didn't have anyone else. Begged Howard to come back. He didn't. So they crumbled and gave in to them. Will pay them what they want now.

Cornelius back would be fascinating. So Brighton doing what every local club falls for. Signing a couple big names but burning their cash. They better hope those lads can bring some more players although won’t be much left to pay them.

Cornelius back would be fascinating. So Brighton doing what every local club falls for. Signing a couple big names but burning their cash. They better hope those lads can bring some more players although won’t be much left to pay them.

I thought Clarence had a playing coach in mind.?

Given the Premier's call for the TSL to continue, it'd be nice to see a NWC team join the TSL.

Its now up to AFLTas to show they actually give a rats about Tassie football.

We live in hope I guess.

I thought Clarence had a playing coach in mind.?

Given the Premier's call for the TSL to continue, it'd be nice to see a NWC team join the TSL.

Its now up to AFLTas to show they actually give a rats about Tassie football.

We live in hope I guess.
Has to be one who applies and I don’t think any did, could be wrong.

Getting harder to find coaches, low pay and massive time commitment.

I just can’t see a NW team interested. they have a good comp going up there.
The teams like East Dev, Smithton and lower level clubs that have folded have evened up the Comp with the talent spreading out. I think it’s a good test case for what needs to happen down South. Clubs need to fold.

I wonder when Clarence will announce it? Heard about 3-4 different rumours over the last week
I thought Matt Wright was a done deal a few weeks back.
I did hear that a current coach of an old scholars club was offered the gig.
Also a “club coach” of a TSL club put his hat in the ring.. will be interesting who does get the job.

Has to be one who applies and I don’t think any did, could be wrong.

Getting harder to find coaches, low pay and massive time commitment.

I just can’t see a NW team interested. they have a good comp going up there.
The teams like East Dev, Smithton and lower level clubs that have folded have evened up the Comp with the talent spreading out. I think it’s a good test case for what needs to happen down South. Clubs need to fold.

I'm not so sure that less is better.

A big part of getting an AFL team is to encourage participation. More players means more teams. I hope. ;)

If a future TSL is better supported then a NWC team which gives a better pathway to NWC players really needs to be encouraged.

I thought Matt Wright was a done deal a few weeks back.
I did hear that a current coach of an old scholars club was offered the gig.
Also a “club coach” of a TSL club put his hat in the ring.. will be interesting who does get the job.
The Old Scholars coach would have to be Callinan wouldn’t it? Wouldn’t be Bowden, Van Kraanen, McCulloch, Richmond coach. Spaulding I doubt would want to go back to that level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not so sure that less is better.

A big part of getting an AFL team is to encourage participation. More players means more teams. I hope. ;)

If a future TSL is better supported then a NWC team which gives a better pathway to NWC players really needs to be encouraged.
Fair enough. They’ll be less and less players playing in their adult lives into the future AFL team or not. Proactive mergers the way forward IMO.

The one thing the TSL always had going for it was the quality of the Football, I am not so sure you can say that at the moment.

As hard fought and entertaining as the GF was last weekend(for 3 quarters at least) the standard of the game I didn’t think was as high as it has been in the past, the skill level and ball movement used to be a feature of the competition, I am not sure it’s the same anymore.

Won't argue with HTH, because we'll just get told off again, but this isn't the problem. Noone had a problem with two northern teams for the entire TFL era, it's just become an alleged problem now because now the south can't win a flag like we couldn't then when facing six southern teams. You don't even up an elite competition by dumbing it down so that losers can avoid getting smashed. You want the losers to get their act together. It's the big comp - you should celebrate the fact that at least two teams can play really good footy. Nothing boring about that, and it would be nice if they all did...

HTH directly said this way back - his dismay that a huge number of the Lauderdale squad were now in the SFL. Others commented on the ransacking of NH by the OS league. My question is why this is happening. The TSL is the tier 2 comp, and therefore has virtual birthright privileges, AFL ordained. Why are all your players leaving to go to lower leagues? It's not happening in Launceston, so why is it happening in Hobart? It's not a NW influx into Launceston, either, those guys all stayed in the NWFL...

This is a southern footy issue, and has been for years. The big teams aren't hanging onto squads, which means there's something in the senior set up that's not right. Most likely, better offers with lower rung leagues, so that's funding. It's the TSL and it's run by the AFL, so get more money via subsidy to keep players. I'd also argue that North Hobart's lack of success has as much to do with incompetence as it does to atrocities inflicted by the Old Scholars, Clarence and Scott Wade, so there's a little TAGHL At Yourself that could be better utilised here...

But dumbing down the north? Grizzle about the TSL standard, and then suggest they all should suck by way of compensation...? Meditate on this, you must...without the beer...

Won't argue with HTH, because we'll just get told off again, but this isn't the problem. Noone had a problem with two northern teams for the entire TFL era, it's just become an alleged problem now because now the south can't win a flag like we couldn't then when facing six southern teams. You don't even up an elite competition by dumbing it down so that losers can avoid getting smashed. You want the losers to get their act together. It's the big comp - you should celebrate the fact that at least two teams can play really good footy. Nothing boring about that, and it would be nice if they all did...

HTH directly said this way back - his dismay that a huge number of the Lauderdale squad were now in the SFL. Others commented on the ransacking of NH by the OS league. My question is why this is happening. The TSL is the tier 2 comp, and therefore has virtual birthright privileges, AFL ordained. Why are all your players leaving to go to lower leagues? It's not happening in Launceston, so why is it happening in Hobart? It's not a NW influx into Launceston, either, those guys all stayed in the NWFL...

This is a southern footy issue, and has been for years. The big teams aren't hanging onto squads, which means there's something in the senior set up that's not right. Most likely, better offers with lower rung leagues, so that's funding. It's the TSL and it's run by the AFL, so get more money via subsidy to keep players. I'd also argue that North Hobart's lack of success has as much to do with incompetence as it does to atrocities inflicted by the Old Scholars, Clarence and Scott Wade, so there's a little TAGHL At Yourself that could be better utilised here...

But dumbing down the north? Grizzle about the TSL standard, and then suggest they all should suck by way of compensation...? Meditate on this, you must...without the beer...

As a Southern fan. Thank you. You're spot on.

Need to stop sooking and learn to keep our lists together. That's all it is.

The old TFL had two teams from the NWC and also had 3 Launceston teams for a period of it.
Suprise suprise when South Launceston and Launceston left at the end of 97 North Launceston were unbeaten the following season and played in 3 straight grand finals, then the competition was dead.

It’s not just about the NWC players being in the Launceston teams, have you thought of the other way round? Launceston players playing in the NWC teams? Like Harper, Riley, Thorp x2, Blackberry, House, Lee and Van Buuren from last Sunday’s grand final have done, it’s clear that it’s lopsided, anyone removing the North V South rivalry nonsense can see that.

The bigger issue is the non NW presence in the TSL.

The best 'balance' was always the 2-2-4 model for a TSL. They never once had that in place.

TSL1 went from 6-2 to 6-2-2 then 6-3-2 then all the way back to just 6 clubs.

TSL2 is little better with the imbalance made even worse with the NW teams leaving. AFLTas said at the time they were 'blindsided' by the decision. Really they were asleep at the wheel, everyone in football knew the NW clubs were under stress & pressure to manage in the TSL as it was/is.

The Premiers support for the concept of a TSL hopefully will wake up the dozey AFLTas & uninterested AFL.

I think we'll end up with a Football commission with or without an AFL club. One that cares about a balanced top end competition & thus better opportunity for the boys & girls.

Government & league reps plus AFLTas, who'll try & sound like they invented & run it!!

People don’t want to drive 3 and half hours to play a game of football anymore. NW involvement in the state league is done.

Which also means the Statewide league just doesn’t work, it killed the first one and is doing the same to this one.

Daly appointed playing assistant at North Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back