Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
People don’t want to drive 3 and half hours to play a game of football anymore. NW involvement in the state league is done.

People drive statewide for netball, Soccer, Rugby. They have state leagues.

The NW problem were not having finals at home. Also the NW juniors weren't aligned with the TSL as a proper pathway.

I also think travelling u18's is a stupid idea antway. They should only play locally. Ideally the ressies too but thats a lesser issue IMO.

All stuff mentioned heaps of times.

I still believe a 4-2-2 structure would be best. However it needs to be better funded. An effort to attract ex AFL players to coach like we use to have would help with profile & player development.

Daly reportedly huge dollars. More Glenorchy guys will sign with NH I’ve heard. Not sure if it really helps North Hobart that much tbh and obviously means Glenorchy will be horrific.

Daly reportedly huge dollars. More Glenorchy guys will sign with NH I’ve heard. Not sure if it really helps North Hobart that much tbh and obviously means Glenorchy will be horrific.
Says more about Glenorchy than North Hobart. North Hobart will lose players. They have never been able to keep them. They're a rabble.

Last I heard on Daly was from a clarence member that said he was offered 25 thousand at Brighton and he wanted us to at least match it.

This particular person thought it was hilarious as we don't even have a coach yet and he is demanding well over 10k than he is worth.

He obviously must have a good offer from Mr Craig Martin to join them...

Says more about Glenorchy than North Hobart. North Hobart will lose players. They have never been able to keep them. They're a rabble.

Last I heard on Daly was from a clarence member that said he was offered 25 thousand at Brighton and he wanted us to at least match it.

This particular person thought it was hilarious as we don't even have a coach yet and he is demanding well over 10k than he is worth.

It’s great he is staying in the TSL at least. NH should have the cash as have no star players as it is. The Guys that went to Clarence this year all took a lot less money then they were getting at NH.

He'd be a half decent player if he was taller.

Way too small and not overly skilful.

Reckon he used Brighton and Clarence to get more money at North Hobart now.

Your underselling him quite a bit here, and to say he’s not skilful? Gee whiz.

I know the silly season has come early but I find this really silly, whether its true or not.

I'll try to investigate. ;)

Your underselling him quite a bit here, and to say he’s not skilful? Gee whiz.
You reckon? He is alright in a good team but he is far from a star. I just don't think he is that great. He isnt in the top 25 players of the comp... is he?

Be interesting to see which other Glenorchy players follow him, doesn’t say much for him or French if they do

You reckon? He is alright in a good team but he is far from a star. I just don't think he is that great. He isnt in the top 25 players of the comp... is he?

He’d be pretty close, not sure about his coaching credentials, but as a player he’s pretty bloody good.

Different opinions and robust debate are fine. I stepped in when the namecalling and nastiness got out of hand, that's all. Carry on.
Sorry, read the post you were answering, and it sounded like I wasn't taking responsibility for my own actions...! Wasn't the intention...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The old TFL had two teams from the NWC and also had 3 Launceston teams for a period of it.
Suprise suprise when South Launceston and Launceston left at the end of 97 North Launceston were unbeaten the following season and played in 3 straight grand finals, then the competition was dead.

It’s not just about the NWC players being in the Launceston teams, have you thought of the other way round? Launceston players playing in the NWC teams? Like Harper, Riley, Thorp x2, Blackberry, House, Lee and Van Buuren from last Sunday’s grand final have done, it’s clear that it’s lopsided, anyone removing the North V South rivalry nonsense can see that.
Name the ex Lton/South players who jumped on board the Bombers in 1998 and were responsible for getting them from missing the finals in 1997 and into undefeated top spot in 1998? Were they around when North won in 1995 and won the QF in 1996? While we're here, tell me how Glenorchy's rise from crap in 1998 to premiers in 1999 by that logic isn't a similar travesty? In 1999, the Cats folded after eight games, Devonport lost most of their matches by 100 points, and New Norfolk were terrible until shafted by the TFL, so a default top five. Six team league in 2000, and Burnie directly benefitted from five h&a games v Devonport, bundled out by a mediocre Demons team who also Bradbury'd their way past back to the pack Glenorchy to the PF. North didn't win either flag. There were only two teams of any consistent note the entire time in Clarence and North before and after the 1997 upheaval...where's the query over the more successful Clarence...? NS rivalry doesn't have anything to do with it from where I sit, it's just an enjoyable byproduct...mind you, were people down south blaming Northern privilege when the SFL lost most of their matches v the NTFL after statewide in the 2000's...?

And a few South journeymen, plus a few coasters who didn't want to just stay with their mates in the NWFL, doesn't exactly constitute a swinging gulf in regional standards. Those first five in particular are all best mates, playing together often in various sides. Wouldn't call it a pattern, just like the entire South squad moving to the Storm isn't exactly common practice either. If anyone had told me that a single South flag could cause such long term turbulence in Tasmanian footy when I was wishing I had something better to do during those awful Saturdays at Youngtown in the 80's and 90's, I'd gladly swap it for some no-note consecutive finals appearances and the odd threepeat...hmmm.....actually, I'd do that anyway...

It's an all country GF in the SFL tomorrow too...there's a Hobart city void to fill if anyone wants to take on the job...noone's stopping them...

Name the ex Lton/South players who jumped on board the Bombers in 1998 and were responsible for getting them from missing the finals in 1997 and into undefeated top spot in 1998? Were they around when North won in 1995 and won the QF in 1996? While we're here, tell me how Glenorchy's rise from crap in 1998 to premiers in 1999 by that logic isn't a similar travesty? In 1999, the Cats folded after eight games, Devonport lost most of their matches by 100 points, and New Norfolk were terrible until shafted by the TFL, so a default top five. Six team league in 2000, and Burnie directly benefitted from five h&a games v Devonport, bundled out by a mediocre Demons team who also Bradbury'd their way past back to the pack Glenorchy to the PF. North didn't win either flag. There were only two teams of any consistent note the entire time in Clarence and North before and after the 1997 upheaval...where's the query over the more successful Clarence...? NS rivalry doesn't have anything to do with it from where I sit, it's just an enjoyable byproduct...mind you, were people down south blaming Northern privilege when the SFL lost most of their matches v the NTFL after statewide in the 2000's...?

And a few South journeymen, plus a few coasters who didn't want to just stay with their mates in the NWFL, doesn't exactly constitute a swinging gulf in regional standards. Those first five in particular are all best mates, playing together often in various sides. Wouldn't call it a pattern, just like the entire South squad moving to the Storm isn't exactly common practice either. If anyone had told me that a single South flag could cause such long term turbulence in Tasmanian footy when I was wishing I had something better to do during those awful Saturdays at Youngtown in the 80's and 90's, I'd gladly swap it for some no-note consecutive finals appearances and the odd threepeat...hmmm.....actually, I'd do that anyway...

It's an all country GF in the SFL tomorrow too...there's a Hobart city void to fill if anyone wants to take on the job...noone's stopping them...

It doesn’t matter if they are mates or not, the fact is they’ve hopped teams from the outset of their careers, some of them have played for 4 different TSL clubs, now there is only 2 to choose from, what do you think is the end result?

Thought you would like a story about the enigma that is Sam Darley who was the playing coach for Leeton Whitton in the Riverina FNL this year. He stood down as he told the club he would be returning to Victoria for family reasons but would be back in 2022 as a player. Guess what - a couple of days later has signed as the co coach of the Geelong Amateurs in the Bellarine FNL. A leopard never changes his spots!

Just looked through the votes for the lynch medal to help me but I could see 50 other players that I'd want over little Daly.
Some of the comments on North Hobart's Facebook page suggest some think he is a saviour... news flash guys, he certainly isn't. Saviours don't come in micro size.

Just looked through the votes for the lynch medal to help me but I could see 50 other players that I'd want over little Daly.
Some of the comments on North Hobart's Facebook page suggest some think he is a saviour... news flash guys, he certainly isn't. Saviours don't come in micro size.

Geez you’ve taken a set against him old mate, haven’t got a shitty on because he turned down Brighton have ya?

Name a better small forward in the comp?

Geez you’ve taken a set against him old mate, haven’t got a shitty on because he turned down Brighton have ya?

Name a better small forward in the comp?

Brighton? They made their bed.

I just dont like how people overrate players when it suits them.

I also don't like players just wanting a huge pay day. So glad he didn't join us. You all know my thoughts on Josh Greens attitude towards his football but I'd have him 10 days out of 10 over Daly. That young fella down at kingston is good too. And so is the other little fella at North Launceston. I forget his name too. I just think people only remember a few good games a few years ago

Brighton? They made their bed.

I just dont like how people overrate players when it suits them.

I also don't like players just wanting a huge pay day. So glad he didn't join us. You all know my thoughts on Josh Greens attitude towards his football but I'd have him 10 days out of 10 over Daly. That young fella down at kingston is good too. And so is the other little fella at North Launceston. I forget his name too. I just think people only remember a few good games a few years ago

Green probably won’t even be in the league next year so you can scrub him
off ya list?

Are the other two you are talking about Graham and Rushton? Graham is a fair shout but definitely debatable, Rushton nowhere near as good.

Green probably won’t even be in the league next year so you can scrub him
off ya list?

Are the other two you are talking about Graham and Rushton? Graham is a fair shout but definitely debatable, Rushton nowhere near as good.
I only saw Rushton play once this year when he played us down here. He looks like he will be quite the talent.

I only saw Rushton play once this year when he played us down here. He looks like he will be quite the talent.

He’s been around for a while mate, he isn’t a kid, he played for Launceston before he went to North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back