Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Graham, Leary, Menzies
Christensen?

Also pointless mentioning small forwards as according to the article in today's paper, he will be playing midfield. So should we be listing players who are better midfielders now?

Christensen?

Also pointless mentioning small forwards as according to the article in today's paper, he will be playing midfield. So should we be listing players who are better midfielders now?
Well yer Christensen, Goodyer and Hinds are all better in terms of goals per game while resting forward.

Christensen?

Bundy plays in the midfield.

You can’t really judge Daly as a midfielder until he plays it full time.

Yer I was responding to the post who raised Christensen.

Jye Menzies is a small forward so I’m not sure what you mean? Legit he plays as a small forward? And I would take him everyday if the week before Daly.

Don’t reckon he’s a bona fide small forward, was playing off half back for North Melbourne in the VFL.
I reckon he’ll end up being a midfielder.
He only played 6 matches this season for North Hobart anyway, so can you really compare him to Daly?

Anyone that’s watched Daly play and doesn’t think he’s a gun is a fair way off the mark.

Don’t reckon he’s a bona fide small forward, was playing off half back for North Melbourne in the VFL.
I reckon he’ll end up being a midfielder.
He only played 6 matches this season for North Hobart anyway, so can you really compare him to Daly?

Anyone that’s watched Daly play and doesn’t think he’s a gun is a fair way off the mark.
I do think Daly is a gun. I wouldn’t pay 25k for him though. If I could pick a side I would play those three I mentioned as the small forwards then Daly would be next. So I rate him as the 4th best in the comp which is a compliment.
Menzies going interstate so I guess he won’t matter anymore

I do think Daly is a gun. I wouldn’t pay 25k for him though. If I could pick a side I would play those three I mentioned as the small forwards then Daly would be next. So I rate him as the 4th best in the comp which is a compliment.
Menzies going interstate so I guess he won’t matter anymore

Are North Hobart paying him 25k or is that what he wanted at Brighton?

Are North Hobart paying him 25k or is that what he wanted at Brighton?

My Brighton source tells me he asked for a lot less than $25K.

Geez, you lot are harsh - he doesn’t have to be the Lynch Medallist to do a good job for North does he?

There’s plenty worse players in the TSL than Cal Daly I would have thought!

My Brighton source tells me he asked for a lot less than $25K.

Geez, you lot are harsh - he doesn’t have to be the Lynch Medallist to do a good job for North does he?

There’s plenty worse players in the TSL than Cal Daly I would have thought!
Your source would be closer to the mark, Barge. There is ZERO chance Cal Daly DEMANDED $25k from Brighton. Not the person he is at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn’t matter if they are mates or not, the fact is they’ve hopped teams from the outset of their careers, some of them have played for 4 different TSL clubs, now there is only 2 to choose from, what do you think is the end result?
1) They don't get to brag after retirement that they were one club players.
2) The sky fell in over Hobart.

Your source would be closer to the mark, Barge. There is ZERO chance Cal Daly DEMANDED $25k from Brighton. Not the person he is at all.

Sorry but you're well wrong here.

And don't get me wrong. As a coach and player he is kind of close to deserving that. Maybe not 25 but 20. As a coaching payment and a playing payment. But certainly isn't worth that much at tsl level which is what north hobart are paying him.

Sorry but you're well wrong here.

And don't get me wrong. As a coach and player he is kind of close to deserving that. Maybe not 25 but 20. As a coaching payment and a playing payment. But certainly isn't worth that much at tsl level which is what north hobart are paying him.
The Daly recruitment has caused enormous comment. He is not super elite but it is a positive for North as they are usually of the other side of the recruiting equation. I managed to watch most of the 4 major finals. TSL SFl, NTFA and NWFU. the TSL was hands down the best standard. 12 goals at least. The SFL was second, the NWFU third and the NTFA a very distant fourth.

The Daly recruitment has caused enormous comment. He is not super elite but it is a positive for North as they are usually of the other side of the recruiting equation. I managed to watch most of the 4 major finals. TSL SFl, NTFA and NWFU. the TSL was hands down the best standard. 12 goals at least. The SFL was second, the NWFU third and the NTFA a very distant fourth.

To be fair, the NWFL was played in very ordinary conditions. The middle of Latrobe Oval was a muddy skating rink with frequent heavy showers through the game. Given that, they had some quite impressive players on both sides. I think they'd easily be a match for the SFLs best teams.

It was interesting to watch the Womens state final on Sunday. I'm told Glenorchy had a few sore girls from the week before when they had 2 less players on the ground by qtr time & no interchange, yet still beat Claremont quite clearly. They played a relentless pressure style of game on Sunday. Not pretty, but stopped Ulverstone in their tracks. Thats how you win finals games.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the comp next season.

Will both Launceston squads retain all of their players?

I have a feeling that clarence will lose a couple just due to that time where some players are making a choice about whether they continue at the top league or not. Apparently Josh Green already signed up at Lindisfarne. A few of the development league players moving to Sorell. Hearing that Jez is certain to stick around play.
Kingston will be ok again if they can keep their group together. Some always seem to end up playing down the Huon for more money. If they can add some forwards to their list then they'll improve. That seems to be their biggest issue.
Lauderdale probably next, they seem like they're all sticking around. Well their mainstays anyway. Another year with their coach and they'll be better for it. They have some top level players thats for sure.
North Hobart will improve. Adding Daly certainly is an improvement to their list. All we hear about is their devils players so hopefully they get them to play some more club football next season. I'm unsure of most of their ages but will be good for North. Hopefully they find a way to keep their talent. If they don't, I am always happy to get their good players who want to come to a well run club. Hopefully for the competition they are on the up.

And then we have glenorchy... well haven't they shot themselves in the foot by keeping their coach around this long. They will be laughing stock of the competition for a while one would think. Daly leaving. Webster won't be there. Joseph leaving. Geard leaving. Deegan leaving. They're starting from a long way back.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the comp next season.

Will both Launceston squads retain all of their players?

I have a feeling that clarence will lose a couple just due to that time where some players are making a choice about whether they continue at the top league or not. Apparently Josh Green already signed up at Lindisfarne. A few of the development league players moving to Sorell. Hearing that Jez is certain to stick around play.
Kingston will be ok again if they can keep their group together. Some always seem to end up playing down the Huon for more money. If they can add some forwards to their list then they'll improve. That seems to be their biggest issue.
Lauderdale probably next, they seem like they're all sticking around. Well their mainstays anyway. Another year with their coach and they'll be better for it. They have some top level players thats for sure.
North Hobart will improve. Adding Daly certainly is an improvement to their list. All we hear about is their devils players so hopefully they get them to play some more club football next season. I'm unsure of most of their ages but will be good for North. Hopefully they find a way to keep their talent. If they don't, I am always happy to get their good players who want to come to a well run club. Hopefully for the competition they are on the up.

And then we have glenorchy... well haven't they shot themselves in the foot by keeping their coach around this long. They will be laughing stock of the competition for a while one would think. Daly leaving. Webster won't be there. Joseph leaving. Geard leaving. Deegan leaving. They're starting from a long way back.

Always happy to get North Hobart’s good players? Who have you got of note from them, Norton? Garland is done, while Steele, Barwick and the big clueless ruckman all played in the twos Grand Final.

Where are all those Glenorchy players you mentioned going? Heard Webster to St Virgil’s.

Last edited:
Just reading where Webberley will coach both girls and boys Devils squads, won’t leave much time for playing I wouldn’t have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back