Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Lauderdale were too slick. Big potential in that team. Run might be a factor but hard to beat in close.

The best I’ve seen them play in years, they have genuine top liners in all areas of the ground.

Nat Franklin injury free in the midfield and Lennon Marlin going in there has allowed Siggins to settle up forward and Mcguiness down back, a much more balanced set up.

Big effort by Lauderdale. They haven't been far off in reality. Couple of last kick losses has them lower than where they might've been, should still figure in the finals.
Dees were unlucky to lose to NL. Pies are sadly a trainwreck, not sure short of dropping back to the regional comps if they have much of a future, looks very bleak out there.

Tigers 38
Lauderdale 110
North Hobart 12
Backing in North Hobart as they simply have to be desperate to win. Will be 1-5 if lose with next 3 rounds Launceston, Bye, Tigers.

Tough conditions tomorrow. Might be low scoring games. Upset weather.

What a downpour last Night! I've never heard such a long thunderstorm, it went on most of the night!!

No rain today so grounds may be ok for tomorrow. Forecast for 'showers' may or may not affect things. I hope not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, Its been on the roster for months. I downloaded a copy in February.

I have no idea why, but it has clearly nothing to do with the weather. ;)
Yer for the reason I said. Launie do it now also and I’ve heard Clarence want to now aswell. Rather have only 1 game before their seniors incase of weather.

Yer for the reason I said. Launie do it now also and I’ve heard Clarence want to now aswell. Rather have only 1 game before their seniors incase of weather.

Surely with Glenorchy having no 18s they could just start there 2s at 10.30, play the 1s at 1 and the girls after that?
11.30 is too early to start a senior match.

Ok, footygeeks...Round 1, 2000 (yup, 22 years ago) Demons v Clarence. Phil says it was a standalone match the week before, but my other sources say this game was on the Friday night of Round 1, all three games played March 31-April 1. Can anyone confirm?

Ok, footygeeks...Round 1, 2000 (yup, 22 years ago) Demons v Clarence. Phil says it was a standalone match the week before, but my other sources say this game was on the Friday night of Round 1, all three games played March 31-April 1. Can anyone confirm?

Was definitely a Friday night game, Demons won.

Was held under these rather ordinary lights on the evening of Friday, March 24, 2000 a week before the other two matches for Round 1 were played (it was part of Round 1).
This was obviously well before North Hobart got proper lights for footy and the weather as I recall was very warm and they got the match finished while it was still twilight.
Another fifteen minutes and they would've had to call it off as the lights were largely ineffective and the natural light was fading fast.
I stood on the Blind, Deaf & Dumb Institute hill with a few old Hobart boys sinking a few tins.
Was a very big crowd and I was quite surprised it was only called as 1,628.
Good, fast and physical game of footy but very, very little scoring being done on such a perfect deck in cherry ripe conditions.
Demons won 5.12 (42) to Clarence 3.13 (31)

Was held under these rather ordinary lights on the evening of Friday, March 24, 2000 a week before the other two matches for Round 1 were played (it was part of Round 1).
This was obviously well before North Hobart got proper lights for footy and the weather as I recall was very warm and they got the match finished while it was still twilight.
Another fifteen minutes and they would've had to call it off as the lights were largely ineffective and the natural light was fading fast.
I stood on the Blind, Deaf & Dumb Institute hill with a few old Hobart boys sinking a few tins.
Was a very big crowd and I was quite surprised it was only called as 1,628.
Good, fast and physical game of footy but very, very little scoring being done on such a perfect deck in cherry ripe conditions.
Demons won 5.12 (42) to Clarence 3.13 (31)
Legendary, thanks mate. Wouldn't happen to have the Q-by-Q's as well? Just realised I was looking at a big blank space, the only one for that season...!

Fascinating top four battle looming. Who misses out?
Will Glenorchy win a game?
Will Launceston lose again?

I can’t pick who misses out, maybe those two closes losses Lauderdale had at home could prove costly, massive game against the Tigers this week.

Glenorchy won’t win a game unless there opponents lose most of their team to COVID.

I reckon Launceston will drop another game or two, their depth isn’t there from previous years.

Legendary, thanks mate. Wouldn't happen to have the Q-by-Q's as well? Just realised I was looking at a big blank space, the only one for that season...!
No mate sorry I don't. There used to be an online blog from that era where someone did match reports from that era on the SWL but it appears to have been lost in time. Think I drank as many cans as goals scored if that's any help haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back