General Bombers Talk General VFL Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the woman's VFL is all but confirmed for 2016.
So we'll have a Women's VFL side? Potential curtain raiser for other VFL games?

10 teams not aligned with VFL clubs will take part. The VFL is missing out on abig opportunity here if they don't align themselves with established clubs.
I'm guessing Darebin and Coburg will be aligned. Same with Kew-Box Hill and Chirnside Park-Werribee.

I'm guessing Darebin and Coburg will be aligned. Same with Kew-Box Hill and Chirnside Park-Werribee.
The suburbs Chirnside Park and Werribee are on different sides of Melbourne. Easy to get confused with as Werribee's home ground is at 'Chirnside Park'.

The suburbs Chirnside Park and Werribee are on different sides of Melbourne. Easy to get confused with as Werribee's home ground is at 'Chirnside Park'.
Well that's what I was basing it off...

Steinberg has signed with Willy (don't know if that was mentioned somewhere else)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to expand this into general state league chat for a second.

I've decided to support a side in each of the state leagues. Now, the TSL, NEAFL and SANFL have obvious choices for me in Lauderdale (Bombers nickname), Redland (same) and West Adelaide (wear red and black) to support. WAFL however, I have no clue who to support. I don't want to go for Peel or East Perth because they're aligned with AFL clubs and it feels like a cop out. So who should I support?

I'm going to expand this into general state league chat for a second.

I've decided to support a side in each of the state leagues. Now, the TSL, NEAFL and SANFL have obvious choices for me in Lauderdale (Bombers nickname), Redland (same) and West Adelaide (wear red and black) to support. WAFL however, I have no clue who to support. I don't want to go for Peel or East Perth because they're aligned with AFL clubs and it feels like a cop out. So who should I support?
The Speaker Andronicus I'm looking at you two.

The Speaker Andronicus I'm looking at you two.

I used to live right between Subiaco and Claremont, but didn't support either team. Used to be more of a West Perth person, but that was mainly because as a young guy, the captain of the club was the nephew of a family friend, and when I first moved to WA, she gave me a signed photo of him.

Probably not a good person to ask as I more follow friends or past students that are playing for various WAFL clubs now than the teams themselves.

Obvious choice for you would be Perth, as they wear black with a red sash, but if you can ignore the fact that they wear Collingwood colours, Swan Districts are historically a strong club that come from an area of battlers.

Not much help am I?

Perth is, as mentioned, classic red sash.

What kind of team are you looking to support?
Red sash was the basic requirement considering we don't align ourselves with any WAFL sides. I don't want to be a bandwagon supporter but I don't want to support a cellar dweller either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back