General Bombers Talk General VFL Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a strange season. Second last placed Frankston challenging top 4 Collingwood. Sandy getting their pants pulled down by Port. Willy beating Coburg (expected) to probably go to the top of the ladder. Footscray win by 1 point against Casey. What I know is:

1. The top 8 is locked in, Box Hill, Coburg and Preston can't get in from here.
2. Anything else in the top 8 is up in the air.

Honestly expect Willy to go back to back

Very even season.

Collingwood have been a real surprise for me have really improved since we knocked them off Anzac Eve.

6 rounds left and vital games this week:

The old firm - Port Melbourne v Williamstown at North Port (always a great match)
Casey v Sandringham as the tv game Sunday
Geelong v Essendon down there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts about tomorrow's game Yoda_? I'm tipping a Casey win due to the lack of Bulldogs height at either end, but it really comes down to which midfield gets on top of the clearances.

What are your thoughts about tomorrow's game Yoda_? I'm tipping a Casey win due to the lack of Bulldogs height at either end, but it really comes down to which midfield gets on top of the clearances.

Bookends are better (hutchins, Keilty in defence, Smith, Wiedemn, Hullett in attack) whilst itd be on par if not better midfield depth.

Casey by 38

Bookends are better (hutchins, Keilty in defence, Smith, Wiedemn, Hullett in attack) whilst itd be on par if not better midfield depth.

Casey by 38
You're forgetting Dunn and Garland in defence too. The thing about the Dogs however is that their outside run will trouble Springvale. I'm tipping Springvale by 3-4 goals but it really gets down to which side wins the clearances IMO.

Frankston Dolphins are no more citing a pokies debt more advanced than the $500,000 they'd predicted.

Figure is closer to $750,000 from what I am hearing and one that should not have got out of hand as much as it did before administrators were called in when it was too late.

R.I.P Frankston Dolphins

Ah, that's sad. They are the only VFL club to go through to the modern era of AFL alignments who've never had an AFL alignment, and I kind of liked that.

I remember going along with my father to see their grand final against Springvale at Princes Park in 1996; the closest they ever came to a flag.

Ah, that's sad. They are the only VFL club to go through to the modern era of AFL alignments who've never had an AFL alignment, and I kind of liked that.

I remember going along with my father to see their grand final against Springvale at Princes Park in 1996; the closest they ever came to a flag.

Sad because they have pumped out draftees in the last decade. One of the best state league clubs to produce them in the last decade.

Frankston are simply nonviable as a football club.

Their books and administration have been a shambles for nearly a decade according to someone I know connected to them. Their on field results are reflective of that. I hate that they're no longer going to be a part of the comp but I'd rather 14 teams instead of 15 with one as dysfunctional as Frankston are. So do AFL Victoria it seems.

Still think separating the AFL clubs from their respective state leagues would be better for all concerned in the long run. Obviously there would have to be strict rules with the supplementary players in the AFL reserves (like only 1 former AFL player allowed on the list, certain number of VFL/WAFL/SANFL TOTY representatives each, etc) to give the state leagues their identity back.

Anyway, hearing a whisper about a certain Richmond delistee who was apparently better than JD who will likely be on the move next year. Three clubs are apparently interested, including us. Unfortunately the only other club I know is interested is Port Melbourne and they always get the key forwards they want.

And I mean ALWAYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back