General Bombers Talk General VFL Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to go get a name brand VFL recruit and retain Younan if we're going to back it up next year.

We're not going to have Whitecross/Horlin-Smith/Bugg/Miles level mature bodies on the list playing consistent 2s next year so we need to bulk out the midfield group.

Need to go get a name brand VFL recruit and retain Younan if we're going to back it up next year.

We're not going to have Whitecross/Horlin-Smith/Bugg/Miles level mature bodies on the list playing consistent 2s next year so we need to bulk out the midfield group.
Horlin-Smith is someone to look at. Doubt he gets another AFL contract and would be a good man for the guts. Danny has an African mother so maybe a Cat B?

Rohan Bewick and Darren Minchington please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The games on the official fixture that had us televised where against Geelong, Northern Blues, Werribee and Port Melbourne so not sure where the other 3 came from.
They've left a few open so it probably gets answered later in the season.

And former St. Kilda half back/winger Ray Connellan. He's Irish and averaged 10 possessions in the VFL, but hopefully he can improve and become a Hind replacement. He did however kick 19 goals this year. Heath Hocking is going around again too, along with Younan, Heppell (tipping him to be captain still), Sheahan, Sibbald and Berry.

Words cannot describe how big the Aylett signing for us is IMO. There was big, gaping hole in the Prelim against Casey for me, and that was a 6'2" inside midfielder that could go toe to toe with Munro, Wagner and Bugg. He is the man to do that. Now hopefully we can find someone to replace Hind on a wing, the way we found Hind.

So by my count our current VFL list has:

Jacob Atley (191/?? Half Back/Outside Mid)
Aaron Heppell (189/85 HB/Inside Mid)
Liam McKenna (181/88 IM)
Nino Lazzaro (190/83 Utility)
Kurt Aylett (188/88 IM)
Ray Connellan (184/78 Half Forward)
Josh Tynan (185/83 IM)
Matthew Day (190/?? HF)
Danny Younan (178/78 Small Forward)
Heath Hocking (180/85 IM)
Jake McQueen (181/71 Utility)
Wilson Berry (190/85 HB)
Edyn Sibbald (200/90 Key Forward/Ruck)
Jamieson Sheahan (180/80 Small Defender)
Ben Huggard (???, Paul Amy listed him as re-signed a few months ago)

We have about 10 spots left. I'm hoping for a couple of key defenders and outside mids, maybe a ruck or two.

And that's saying something, because I think the VFL as a whole suffers from pretty poor social media coverage.
Like literally, our tweet at the end of the game:

No goal scorers, no possessions, no highlights.

Like literally, our tweet at the end of the game:

No goal scorers, no possessions, no highlights.

I wonder if it's associated with the RMIT partnership where their students get the opportunity to write a couple of articles and stuff for us? Maybe they do social media too

I wonder if it's associated with the RMIT partnership where their students get the opportunity to write a couple of articles and stuff for us? Maybe they do social media too
How long has that happened? And at the same time, it's been shocking for years.

How long has that happened? And at the same time, it's been shocking for years.
Dunno. I just noticed this at the end of a couple of articles tonight;

Brooke Varney is in the final year of her Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) degree at RMIT University. As part of their strategic partnership, Essendon Football Club and RMIT University are committed to providing opportunities for students, staff, players and the wider community.
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-03-23/vfl-dons-dominate-coburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back