- May 6, 2007
- AFL Club
- Other Teams
- Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
I agree, and from there each Victorian club should have a dedicated zone again to develop the game. Say, Essendon's left over players go to Coburg and Footscray's automatically go to Williamstown, Geelong's go to Werribee etc.The sooner the AFL clubs revert back to AFL reserves the easier it would be to set up this situation
Furthermore, the VFL have finalised their findings into the list sizes which have compared to the NEAFL (somehow).Rumours continue to circulate that Jye Bolton is set to return to Weribee. Huge if true and would make them one of the strongest in the VFL.
Posted in the VFL forum but AFL Vic are trying to push for more 19 year old (NAB League) players to play in the VFL. in doing so, rumours that VFL list sizes are set to be reduced. Poor if true.
The Hard Yakka / Totally Workwear VFL has today announced list rules changes to be implemented for the 2020 season.
The rules changes have been introduced following a review into the VFL and NEAFL competitions by the AFL Football Operations department and league managers.
The review found list sizes, structure and access to additional players for AFL clubs varied greatly between the two State League competitions
link to article found hereSummary of VFL rules changes:
- VFL clubs will have a development list introduced, made up of 19-year-old players.
- All clubs will be required to play 23 players per match, which will include 1 x 19-year-old development player and 1 x under-21 player (i.e traditional 23rd player).
- List structures for 2020 will be as follows:
- Non-AFL clubs can list up to 46 players, including 40 x primary listed players and 6 development list players.
- AFL aligned clubs can list up to 36 players, including 30 x primary listed players and 6 x development list players.
- AFL clubs can list up to 30 players, including 24 x primary list players and 6 x development list players.
- An additional rookie list of two players is available to all VFL teams which will include NGA players and players who meet the AFL category B Rookie criteria.
- A father/son rule will be introduced in 2020 which allows a club to list a player whose father played 100 games or more for the club (including AFL and AFL aligned clubs). These players will be listed on a club’s development list.
- Aside from current finals eligibility rules, no other playing restrictions will apply in the finals series.
Hear, hear. I thought they were very good this season as well. It's looking promising for the VFL squadOur VFL side is going to be compelling viewing next year.
Zerk and probably Ridley marshalling a backline of 2 Irishmen with zero AFL experience and potentially 1 athletic stringbean in Bryan.
Stewart, Gown and Jones offering us 3 genuine tall targets with Cahill and Mosquito at their feet.
A pretty stacked midfield getting fed by either Draper on a mission or Bellchambers and/or Phillips with a point to prove
I think we’ll slide back a little due to a little bit of a generational change (Hartley, Long, Brown, Hocking, Myers, Baguley, Dea) but we still looked very well stocked and we’re generally very well organised at VFL level.Hear, hear. I thought they were very good this season as well. It's looking promising for the VFL squad
Feel we are going to fast track our Essington of the next generation of flankers at VFL level.I think we’ll slide back a little due to a little bit of a generational change (Hartley, Long, Brown, Hocking, Myers, Baguley, Dea) but we still looked very well stocked and we’re generally very well organised at VFL level.
Are you suggesting these are VFL types we need to list?It'll be interesting to see who we use on our VFL list. A core of Heppell, Younan, Tynan, Lazzaro, T Smith, Guccione, Aylett, Bowman (although unlikely to get games). Brown, Landt, Day are young ones I liked in patches. Feel as if we need:
2x key forwards
1x key defender
1x half back
2x small defenders
And various holes within that. Also depends on our SSP
Rodda, Meadows, Ottavi, Ebinger, Davies inside forward 50. ******* hell.Watched a 10 minute interview with Williamstown coach Andy Collins on the signings and departures at Williamstown. Holy meatballs.
Theyvé lost Hibberd, Master & Wheeler have gone to Yarrawonga to play where Willie is from. Meese has retired. Ollie Tate is destined to sign at SFL club Cheltenham and there was one more.
Theyvé brought in Luke Meadows who is best mates with Williy forward Nick Rodda. Paul Hunter (former Adelaide ruck), Tristan Davies is a high flying forward as well as Geelong co captain James Tsitas. The continuing recruitment of top end talent to Williamstown continues. They haven't even named any TAC kids yet.