General Bombers Talk General VFL Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a VFL GF at Princes Park back in the day and the place just had no soul or atmosphere to suit.
Yep. If you want to get the suburban atmosphere have it at North Port. Hate Princes Park as a ground, there's only one worse suburban ground set up in the VFL and that's at Punt Road.

I've been a little lax on updating this, but:

David Myers: 5 (Rd 7, 9, 11, 15, 18)
Ben McNiece: 3 (Rd 3, 4, 18)
Danny Younan: 3 (Rd 4, 7, 12)
Michael Hartley: 3 (Rd 5, 12, 17)
Trent Mynott: 2 (Rd 3, 5)
Brayden Ham: 2 (Rd 5, 9)
Matthew Dea: 2 (Rd 6, 11)
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher: 2 (Rd 8, 15)
Aaron Heppell: 2 (Rd 11, 14)
Heath Hocking: 2 (Rd 14, 17)
Jayden Laverde: 1 (Rd 3)
Irving Mosquito: 1 (Rd 8)
Dylan Clarke: 1 (Rd 8)
Martin Gleeson: 1 (Rd 9)
Will Snelling: 1 (Rd 11)
Aaron Francis: 1 (Rd 11)
Riley Bowman: 1 (Rd 11)
Will Snelling: 1 (Rd 14)
Noah Gown: 1 (Rd 18)
Tynan Smith: 1 (Rd 18)

Forgot to update this last week (didn't have any for the Dogs game, wonder why?)

David Myers: 6 (Rd 7, 9, 11, 15, 18, 20)
Ben McNiece: 3 (Rd 3, 4, 18)
Danny Younan: 3 (Rd 4, 7, 12)
Michael Hartley: 3 (Rd 5, 12, 17)
Trent Mynott: 2 (Rd 3, 5)
Brayden Ham: 2 (Rd 5, 9)
Matthew Dea: 2 (Rd 6, 11)
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher: 2 (Rd 8, 15)
Aaron Heppell: 2 (Rd 11, 14)
Heath Hocking: 2 (Rd 14, 17)
Jayden Laverde: 1 (Rd 3)
Irving Mosquito: 1 (Rd 8)
Dylan Clarke: 1 (Rd 8)
Martin Gleeson: 1 (Rd 9)
Will Snelling: 1 (Rd 11)
Aaron Francis: 1 (Rd 11)
Riley Bowman: 1 (Rd 11)
Will Snelling: 1 (Rd 14)
Noah Gown: 1 (Rd 18)
Tynan Smith: 1 (Rd 18)
Jordan Ridley: 1 (Rd 20)

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
With us getting the double chance for finishing 4th, and assuming we lose in the seniors, who can we safely assume will be eligible to come back and play in the VFL finals series eth-dog?

If we can get a handful of guys back then that'd boost our VFL stocks significantly. Would love to get over the top of Richmond having just missed beating them twice this year but doutful we can again without reinforcements at VFL level.

With us getting the double chance for finishing 4th, and assuming we lose in the seniors, who can we safely assume will be eligible to come back and play in the VFL finals series eth-dog?

If we can get a handful of guys back then that'd boost our VFL stocks significantly. Would love to get over the top of Richmond having just missed beating them twice this year but doutful we can again without reinforcements at VFL level.
So it depends on who plays what week. In a sense, we're probably better off losing to Richmond because it would allow someone like Zac Clarke to qualify if he plays both weeks. Of the seniors that played the last game we can get 7* playing finals in:

Gleeson, Laverde*, Begley, Ham, Hartley, Clarke**, Jok

*Must play week 2 of VFL finals
**Can only play one more AFL game

eth-dog eligiblity only mentions H&A games numbers, I don't see what you mean about Clarke, Clarke and Laverde?
It's about how many games you play before your senior club runs out. Zac Clarke, if he plays the next 2 games, will have played 6 VFL games. Dylan Clarke has played 11 AFL games, and to be eligible for VFL finals it's no more than 12 AFL games. averde, if he plays one more, will have played 6 VFL games.

Also this is why I complained about Laverde being held over for the Footscray game. He plays that and he's qualified.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
It's about how many games you play before your senior club runs out. Zac Clarke, if he plays the next 2 games, will have played 6 VFL games. Dylan Clarke has played 11 AFL games, and to be eligible for VFL finals it's no more than 12 AFL games. averde, if he plays one more, will have played 6 VFL games.

Also this is why I complained about Laverde being held over for the Footscray game. He plays that and he's qualified.
The eligibility I've read specifies H&A though
I would've thought
Z Clarke & Laverde out (if they don't satisfy 6 h&a VFL games)
D Clarke is in (less than 12 h&a)

The eligibility I've read specifies H&A though
I would've thought
Z Clarke & Laverde out (if they don't satisfy 6 h&a VFL games)
D Clarke is in (less than 12 h&a)
It does but it's a little deceptive. A few years back (can't remember which team or player, maybe Geelong?) a team went out in straight sets above and one of the players had satisfied the rules during H&A but then played the 2 finals and was deemed ineligible, so that's where I get the Clarke thing from, and if it's true in that instance, why not the reverse?

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
It does but it's a little deceptive. A few years back (can't remember which team or player, maybe Geelong?) a team went out in straight sets above and one of the players had satisfied the rules during H&A but then played the 2 finals and was deemed ineligible, so that's where I get the Clarke thing from, and if it's true in that instance, why not the reverse?
It does say there's a discretionary power, perhaps that was/could be called upon

Who do you feel was stiff to miss?

I thought Heppell would have been in easily.
Heppell was the only real one, the others a tad too inconsistent.

Well done to Tom Gribble! He's a star at the level.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Rumours continue to circulate that Jye Bolton is set to return to Weribee. Huge if true and would make them one of the strongest in the VFL.

Posted in the VFL forum but AFL Vic are trying to push for more 19 year old (NAB League) players to play in the VFL. in doing so, rumours that VFL list sizes are set to be reduced. Poor if true.

Rumours continue to circulate that Jye Bolton is set to return to Weribee. Huge if true and would make them one of the strongest in the VFL.

Posted in the VFL forum but AFL Vic are trying to push for more 19 year old (NAB League) players to play in the VFL. in doing so, rumours that VFL list sizes are set to be reduced. Poor if true.
Reducing list sizes just makes little sense to me. Especially with the MSD coming in, teams will need a bigger list if anything in case one of their players is drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back