General Bombers Talk General VFL Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like a way to force VFL clubs to go to the NAB League well.
Honestly I'd prefer the VFL and NAB League to be set up like the SANFL/WAFL to allow more draftees to play senior football.

The sooner the AFL clubs revert back to AFL reserves the easier it would be to set up this situation
I agree, and from there each Victorian club should have a dedicated zone again to develop the game. Say, Essendon's left over players go to Coburg and Footscray's automatically go to Williamstown, Geelong's go to Werribee etc.

Rumours continue to circulate that Jye Bolton is set to return to Weribee. Huge if true and would make them one of the strongest in the VFL.

Posted in the VFL forum but AFL Vic are trying to push for more 19 year old (NAB League) players to play in the VFL. in doing so, rumours that VFL list sizes are set to be reduced. Poor if true.

Furthermore, the VFL have finalised their findings into the list sizes which have compared to the NEAFL (somehow).

The Hard Yakka / Totally Workwear VFL has today announced list rules changes to be implemented for the 2020 season.

The rules changes have been introduced following a review into the VFL and NEAFL competitions by the AFL Football Operations department and league managers.

The review found list sizes, structure and access to additional players for AFL clubs varied greatly between the two State League competitions

Summary of VFL rules changes:

• VFL clubs will have a development list introduced, made up of 19-year-old players.
  • All clubs will be required to play 23 players per match, which will include 1 x 19-year-old development player and 1 x under-21 player (i.e traditional 23rd player).
  • List structures for 2020 will be as follows:
    • Non-AFL clubs can list up to 46 players, including 40 x primary listed players and 6 development list players.
    • AFL aligned clubs can list up to 36 players, including 30 x primary listed players and 6 x development list players.
    • AFL clubs can list up to 30 players, including 24 x primary list players and 6 x development list players.
  • An additional rookie list of two players is available to all VFL teams which will include NGA players and players who meet the AFL category B Rookie criteria.
  • A father/son rule will be introduced in 2020 which allows a club to list a player whose father played 100 games or more for the club (including AFL and AFL aligned clubs). These players will be listed on a club’s development list.
  • Aside from current finals eligibility rules, no other playing restrictions will apply in the finals series.

link to article found here

Furthermore, the VFL have finalised their findings into the list sizes which have compared to the NEAFL (somehow).

link to article found here
Eh, could be worse

Our VFL side is going to be compelling viewing next year.

Zerk and probably Ridley marshalling a backline of 2 Irishmen with zero AFL experience and potentially 1 athletic stringbean in Bryan.

Stewart, Gown and Jones offering us 3 genuine tall targets with Cahill and Mosquito at their feet.

A pretty stacked midfield getting fed by either Draper on a mission or Bellchambers and/or Phillips with a point to prove

Our VFL side is going to be compelling viewing next year.

Zerk and probably Ridley marshalling a backline of 2 Irishmen with zero AFL experience and potentially 1 athletic stringbean in Bryan.

Stewart, Gown and Jones offering us 3 genuine tall targets with Cahill and Mosquito at their feet.

A pretty stacked midfield getting fed by either Draper on a mission or Bellchambers and/or Phillips with a point to prove
Hear, hear. I thought they were very good this season as well. It's looking promising for the VFL squad

Hear, hear. I thought they were very good this season as well. It's looking promising for the VFL squad

I think we’ll slide back a little due to a little bit of a generational change (Hartley, Long, Brown, Hocking, Myers, Baguley, Dea) but we still looked very well stocked and we’re generally very well organised at VFL level.

I think we’ll slide back a little due to a little bit of a generational change (Hartley, Long, Brown, Hocking, Myers, Baguley, Dea) but we still looked very well stocked and we’re generally very well organised at VFL level.

Feel we are going to fast track our Essington of the next generation of flankers at VFL level.

Ridley, Begley, Laverde will all be required to play more midfield minutes than they would have previously.

I will agree, it's going to be interesting as hell to watch week in, week out.

It'll be interesting to see who we use on our VFL list. A core of Heppell, Younan, Tynan, Lazzaro, T Smith, Guccione, Aylett, Bowman (although unlikely to get games). Brown, Landt, Day are young ones I liked in patches. Feel as if we need:

2x key forwards
1x key defender
1x half back
2x small defenders

And various holes within that. Also depends on our SSP

It'll be interesting to see who we use on our VFL list. A core of Heppell, Younan, Tynan, Lazzaro, T Smith, Guccione, Aylett, Bowman (although unlikely to get games). Brown, Landt, Day are young ones I liked in patches. Feel as if we need:

2x key forwards
1x key defender
1x half back
2x small defenders

And various holes within that. Also depends on our SSP

Are you suggesting these are VFL types we need to list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you suggesting these are VFL types we need to list?
Yeah. Maybe 2 half backs and 1 small defender but that's what I'd like to see amongst our 30

Watched a 10 minute interview with Williamstown coach Andy Collins on the signings and departures at Williamstown. Holy meatballs.

Theyvé lost Hibberd, Master & Wheeler have gone to Yarrawonga to play where Willie is from. Meese has retired. Ollie Tate is destined to sign at SFL club Cheltenham and there was one more.

Theyvé brought in Luke Meadows who is best mates with Williy forward Nick Rodda. Paul Hunter (former Adelaide ruck), Tristan Davies is a high flying forward as well as Geelong co captain James Tsitas. The continuing recruitment of top end talent to Williamstown continues. They haven't even named any TAC kids yet.

Paul Amy reporting that Northern Blues stars Frank Anderson and Sam Fisher are set to leave the blues and move to Western Australia. Jesse Palmer also increasingly likely to move to the VFL Magpies
Wow they're gonna suck next year

Watched a 10 minute interview with Williamstown coach Andy Collins on the signings and departures at Williamstown. Holy meatballs.

Theyvé lost Hibberd, Master & Wheeler have gone to Yarrawonga to play where Willie is from. Meese has retired. Ollie Tate is destined to sign at SFL club Cheltenham and there was one more.

Theyvé brought in Luke Meadows who is best mates with Williy forward Nick Rodda. Paul Hunter (former Adelaide ruck), Tristan Davies is a high flying forward as well as Geelong co captain James Tsitas. The continuing recruitment of top end talent to Williamstown continues. They haven't even named any TAC kids yet.
Rodda, Meadows, Ottavi, Ebinger, Davies inside forward 50. ******* hell.

Tsitas replaces Hibberd immediately.

Nick Dixon (Essendon VFL) off to Sydney Uni in the NEAFL.

Also, minor but the Stackleberg boys (Connor and Cody) have signed at Collingwood VFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh, he's more NEAFL than VFL standard

And who?

I’ve been half convinced that Yoda is just making names up for a while now but The Stackleberg boys has certainly completed the job

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back