• End of 2017

• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at all the lists we probably have the 3rd worst Midfield in the league at the moment......
It's a shocking midfield - Redden may be one of our main guys in the middle next year and that makes me nervous even with the improvement he's shown.

We are streets behind in the middle.

So if Scott does go to the Suns, how likely is it that Simpson will move back to North?

Who will fill the vacancy at WCE?

I'm really hoping Scott goes to the Suns.

It's a pretty big stretch to say that Duggan has "shone" in the backline. He singlehandedly cost us the collingwood game with an inexplicable lack of composure that you just don't see from true A grade players. If anything, he's JUST done enough to hold his place.

It's the ongoing Cripps selection that is truly baffling.

Cripps is a perfect case in point to highlight Simmo's failing as coach. Ridiculously limited player, yet has he been dropped once for poor form in all of Simpson tenure? Small forward who's only goals come from Joe the gooses over the top, usually because he's not in at the coalface where he should be, seeing as he's supposedly a defensive forward. A poor mans McGinnity and coach favourite holding out the kids.
Not at all. Cripps is a far better player than McGinnity, but he's regressed a fair bit recently.

There's been nobody forcing him out, we haven't got small forwards.

It's a pretty big stretch to say that Duggan has "shone" in the backline. He singlehandedly cost us the collingwood game with an inexplicable lack of composure that you just don't see from true A grade players. If anything, he's JUST done enough to hold his place.

One mistake by one kid trying to take the game on doesn't single handedly cost you a game ffs.

So if Scott does go to the Suns, how likely is it that Simpson will move back to North?

Who will fill the vacancy at WCE?

I'm really hoping Scott goes to the Suns.

Given North's season, it's highly doubtful that Brad Scott will stay. He'll either get sacked in 7 days time or he'll jump ship to another club.

Who fills the vacancy at WCE? I believe Sumich has earned the chance to show what he's made of. He has worked extensively at WC and Freo, has had successes and failures and while his communication style is unique, his WA Under 18s coaching performance was masterful. Added to this is the fact that he's a West Coast Premiership player and he was on board as a senior assistant in 2006 when we won the flag. He's direct, knowledgeable and I feel he would make the hard decisions that Simmo hasn't, without a second thought. Sumich has earned the right to coach the Eagles.

If not Sumich, we go for a proven, experienced multi-club veteran with a hard edge. Chocko Williams would shake the sh!t out of West Coast. He's not afraid to speak his mind, he's as direct as they come and there's no mistaking the message. Picture Chocko deservedly going off at some of our soft-hearted players of late....or hitting the roof in a team selection meeting. The bloke wouldn't hold back, what a beautiful thought. The risk here is that Nisbet and his cronies would pass on someone so overtly direct. Another reason for some of the suits at our club to step down.

Just really optimistic on Simmo leaving for the soon-to-be vacant spot at North. That's the key.

Last edited:

So yeo missing that goal From 20 meters out with no pressure had nothing to do with it?

Or any other number of players not having a single contested possession in the last quarter?
Or darling dropping another mark?
Or any other factors through the whole game?

Just Duggan taking on the game with 90 seconds left not knowing when the siren would go so we could run the ball down and kick a goal seeing as we were 3 points down at the time.

Just a kid taking on the game.

Go figure.

So yeo missing that goal From 20 meters out with no pressure had nothing to do with it?

Or any other number of players not having a single contested possession in the last quarter?
Or darling dropping another mark?
Or any other factors through the whole game?

Just Duggan taking on the game with 90 seconds left not knowing when the siren would go so we could run the ball down and kick a goal seeing as we were 3 points down at the time.

Just a kid taking on the game.

Go figure.
That's what we get for playing kids, should have brought in another 30+ year old instead

Given North's season, it's highly doubtful that Brad Scott will stay. He'll either get sacked in 7 days time or he'll jump ship to another club.

Who fills the vacancy at WCE? I believe Sumich has earned the chance to show what he's made of. He has worked extensively at WC and Freo, has had successes and failures and while his communication style is unique, his WA Under 18s coaching performance was masterful. Added to this is the fact that he's a West Coast Premiership player and he was on board as a senior assistant in 2006 when we won the flag. He's direct, knowledgeable and I feel he would make the hard decisions that Simmo hasn't, without a second thought. Sumich has earned the right to coach the Eagles.

If not Sumich, we go for a proven, experienced multi-club veteran with a hard edge. Chocko Williams would shake the sh!t out of West Coast. He's not afraid to speak his mind, he's as direct as they come and there's no mistaking the message. Picture Chocko deservedly going off at some of our soft-hearted players of late....or hitting the roof in a team selection meeting. The bloke wouldn't hold back, what a beautiful thought. The risk here is that Nisbet and his cronies would pass on someone so overtly direct. Another reason for some of the suits at our club to step down.

Just really optimistic on Simmo leaving for the soon-to-be vacant spot at North. That's the key.
I believe Sumich has shown what he as to offer - a petulant fool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who fills the vacancy at WCE?

I believe Sumich ..........

Chocko Williams ........................

Just really optimistic on Simmo leaving for the soon-to-be vacant spot at North.

Option 1 - It'll be a confirmation 'of jobs for the boys, being insular, not looking outside WCE walls etc etc etc.
Option 2 - Has ended in tears three times AFAIK - Port, GWS and Richmond. No thanks.
Option 3 - Simmo stays but review the whole MC, coaching, off field structures and personnel.

Just as simple is the fact the circa 2017 team is an arguably better team on paper than the 2015 one bar NicNat. Yet Simmo has engineered an impressive slide from 2nd to 11th.

Easier for me to just put two and two together and realise it was Pike who blindsided the comp with his defensive web, while the removal of McKenzie and Brown from selection forced a faster, more lethal rebounding team. Then it was a case of momentum building on belief ridden all the way to the GF.

Now, with the extra tall defence choices, the addition of Jetta, Redden, Petrie and Mitchell, rather than seeing any improvement all its highlighted is a coach all at sea compiling a best 22. He spends all his time moving form players from favoured positions (hello Yeo and McGovern) whatever gaping hole became apparent from the week before. Rinse and repeat. Outcome is I've never seen so many players go backwards.

Without Nic Nat our game plan consists of conceding the entire 150m of the ground that exists between the two 50m arcs. Winning the footy at halfback then every player sprinting the length of the ground to try to provide an option. Cant work out why we run out of steam in the final quarter.. EVERY week.

Also loved the forward thinking selections. Partington missing three weeks of footy so he could sit out and watch Masten stink it up. Lamb this week. The lowest level of debutants in the league. Could just go on an on and on.

Nailed it with a nail gun.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you serious?? He has been one of the few shining lights for this year... f me you post some garbage on here.

Are you serious?? He has been one of the few shining lights for this year... f me you post some garbage on here.

He and Kennedy have been about all that we can truly be happy about for the season.

Vardy and Petrie have battle manfully, Mitchell was great early, Barrass gets another year under his belt and Yeo with a massive first half of the season.

Feels like such a nothing year.

Not at all. Cripps is a far better player than McGinnity, but he's regressed a fair bit recently.

There's been nobody forcing him out, we haven't got small forwards.
There's no one forcing him out, but maybe sometimes you force the hand. Cripps is limited and has been disappointing, if we had balls we'd get rid of him.

Jetta has had ample opportunities in games to show us this so called pace and breaking lines ability, he refuses to take it on and his game is average because of it. Has the coach told him he can't do it? Only God knows but I fail to see how a coach can create a game plan around a guy who averages around 15 possessions a game through out his career. I reckon we got exactly what we recruited with Jetta, a Lazy, soft lethargic footballer who has premium skills that performs rarely. Sydney were happy to see him gone and we were foolish to think we could change his attitude.

Yep agree there Jetta very one dimensional has had trouble fitting into our game plan but anyone with half a ticker or a bit of nouse would have a crack which he's really failed to do,who knows maybe a better coach may have been able to change his attitude but at this stage I think he's on his way out ,not sure where he is with his contract ,huge balls up swapping him with Sinclair

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very good post actually. I agree, there is also something about copping bad times which makes the good times even sweeter. 2010 .. and GF loss in 2005.. makes you stronger in the end.

The thing is West Coast has been a very successful club and supporters have become used to success which is all great but your right ,just look at our neighbors down the road,their history would enough to make you jump off the Freo traffic bridge

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Duggan is one of this years success stories IMO
Individually sure but for the club it's another example of drafting a kid who seems better suited to a flank than a genuine mid spot.

I have a good feeling about this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back