• End of 2017

• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do like the idea of Suma back at the club and identifying all of the talented WA. Kids that we can take with late picks. He will only get back onto AFL for a senior gig though.

Yep instead of some bloke watching a couple games at a carnival we get the bloke who knows the players inside out and back to front.

Cox, Selwood, Nicoski, Graham ...

That's a roll call of coaching greats right there. Selwoods probably been rewarded for siding with the club after they sacked Cousins, Nicoski because they like his hair and Jamie Graham because he's demonstrated he cant coach East Perth. If it were up to me this Monday along with Simmo they'd all have little red cards in their lockers and I'd be on the phone to Schofield to complement Sumich and Micale, and someone from the old Western Force as tackling coach. Would keep Mitchell because he's a smart little bastard.

That's a roll call of coaching greats right there. Selwoods probably been rewarded for siding with the club after they sacked Cousins, Nicoski because they like his hair and Jamie Graham because he's demonstrated he cant coach East Perth. If it were up to me this Monday along with Simmo they'd all have little red cards in their lockers and I'd be on the phone to Schofield to complement Sumich and Micale, and someone from the old Western Force as tackling coach. Would keep Mitchell because he's a smart little bastard.

So you start off complaining that the coaching panel is full of outsiders that clearly aren't invested in the club's success, then you advocate getting rid of all the ex-Eagles on that panel. And you want to hire a head coach who very publicly spat the dummy at the club four years ago when he missed out on the job?

Makes perfect sense really.

Selwood has from all reports been very impressive behind the scenes and wouldn't surprised me if he is the one they want want coaching the new Reserves team if they go down that route.

So you start off complaining that the coaching panel is full of outsiders that clearly aren't invested in the club's success, then you advocate getting rid of all the ex-Eagles on that panel. And you want to hire a head coach who very publicly spat the dummy at the club four years ago when he missed out on the job?

Makes perfect sense really.

It does indeed. Cutting our losses with this shocking poor east coast coach and all of his appointees and replacing them with a WA footy legend with coaching runs on the board who should have been appointed in the first place. Then you have Micale as senior assistant who has proved a super coach over many years and Schofield is the best coach in the WAFL year after year. I mean, how much worse do you think a coach needs to perform before you cut out and try to save the furniture?

Selwood has from all reports been very impressive behind the scenes and wouldn't surprised me if he is the one they want want coaching the new Reserves team if they go down that route.

I got the feeling he'd been earmarked as the women's coach if/when we get a team.

It does indeed. Cutting our losses with this shocking poor east coast coach and all of his appointees and replacing them with a WA footy legend with coaching runs on the board who should have been appointed in the first place. Then you have Micale as senior assistant who has proved a super coach over many years and Schofield is the best coach in the WAFL year after year. I mean, how much worse do you think a coach needs to perform before you cut out and try to save the furniture?

Sumich's "runs on the board" include a number of failed runs at head coaching jobs, a very public dummy spit when he missed out on the job to Simpson and then a fairly public falling out with Lyon leading to him leaving the AFL system altogether this year.

Micale was a great coach in his day. What's he doing now?

I disagree that Simpson needs to go now (I think he's coaching for his career next year) but even if you accept that he does I don't accept that Sumich is just going to waltz in and save us. It's a fantasy concocted by fans who have been spoiled for success and now have a pathological lack of patience and reason.

I really do like the idea of Suma back at the club and identifying all of the talented WA. Kids that we can take with late picks. He will only get back onto AFL for a senior gig though.

As a liaison that'd be great, so he could stay in his current role with WA.

Sumich's "runs on the board" include a number of failed runs at head coaching jobs, a very public dummy spit when he missed out on the job to Simpson and then a fairly public falling out with Lyon leading to him leaving the AFL system altogether this year.

I disagree that Simpson needs to go now (I think he's coaching for his career next year) but even if you accept that he does I don't accept that Sumich is just going to waltz in and save us. It's a fantasy concocted by fans who have been spoiled for success and now have a pathological lack of patience and reason.
I will judge Simmo on how he prunes for next year, we may not see dividends till the year after to really see what he's doing. By then Kennedy and Nic Nat will be in a nursing home however.

Agree with most of that but not sure about the patience and reason part.

It's 10 completed seasons now that we've been rebuilding post Judd and Cousins. And bar one freak season we've not been any real premiership threat. That's 33% of our clubs history. And yes, I understand we've played finals in 4 of those seasons but 2015 (now clearly a flash in the pan) was the only chance we had to win one - and even then we were soundly beaten and never fired a shot in the game.

I'm not sure some level of impatience isn't warranted for a club with our resources and history. We shouldn't be accepting "it's not our turn" IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with most of that but not sure about the patience and reason part.

It's 10 completed seasons now that we've been rebuilding post Judd and Cousins. And bar one freak season we've not been any real premiership threat. That's 33% of our clubs history. And yes, I understand we've played finals in 4 of those seasons but 2015 (now clearly a flash in the pan) was the only chance we had to win one - and even then we were soundly beaten and never fired a shot in the game.

I'm not sure some level of impatience isn't warranted for a club with our resources and history. We shouldn't be accepting "it's not our turn" IMO.

I think the impatience is fair to an extent. If we don't win next year that'll mark our longest premiership drought ever. And it's kind of tough to see the next premiership on the horizon.

I just think that's somehow manifested itself into this delusion that Sumich is the answer and we have to get him immediately. Maybe Simpson is the guy, maybe he isn't, but I'd rather give him one more year than replace him with someone who's no more likely to make us any better off.

I think the impatience is fair to an extent. If we don't win next year that'll mark our longest premiership drought ever. And it's kind of tough to see the next premiership on the horizon.

I just think that's somehow manifested itself into this delusion that Sumich is the answer and we have to get him immediately. Maybe Simpson is the guy, maybe he isn't, but I'd rather give him one more year than replace him with someone who's no more likely to make us any better off.
The main reason I like Sumich is that he tells it how it is. I reckon if he'd have gotten the job instead of Simpson we would have rebuilt almost straight away. Sure we wouldn't have had 2015, which was pretty fun to watch, but I think we'd be closer to a premiership list than we've got now.

Simmo needs more experience around him I'll be pissed and disappointed if they don't provide that next year !!

The question is...do the decision makers at the club have the BALLS to let some of these bloke go and start the cycle towards effecting REAL CHANGE?

Accepting the status quo, or failing to act, even making slight cosmetic adjustments that scratch the surface of the issue....will not be enough. To turn this team around, the stakeholders need to act and act swiftly.

I'd love to see the Perth media apply the same level of pressure, attention and accountability to Nisbett and Co, as the east coast journos do to the likes of Eddie Maguire too.

While I agree with you that appointing Sumich is not the answer may I ask what are the number of failed coached jobs he has done?

The question is...do the decision makers at the club have the BALLS to let some of these bloke go and start the cycle towards effecting REAL CHANGE?

Accepting the status quo, or failing to act, even making slight cosmetic adjustments that scratch the surface of the issue....will not be enough. To turn this team around, the stakeholders need to act and act swiftly.

I'd love to see the Perth media apply the same level of pressure, attention and accountability to Nisbett and Co, as the east coast journos do to the likes of Eddie Maguire too.

Why would they get into Nisbett? He turns the club a huge profit every year. He is untouchable for the media because he owns the media, he can wipe any person and the organisation they work for just by being criticised by them.

While I agree with you that appointing Sumich is not the answer may I ask what are the number of failed coached jobs he has done?

Runs at; meaning interviewed for and failed to get the position.

Geez I can't remember. Essendon post-Sheedy might've been one? It seemed for a while that he went for every coaching job that came up and was always among the last couple of guys to miss out.

Geez I can't remember. Essendon post-Sheedy might've been one? It seemed for a while that he went for every coaching job that came up and was always among the last couple of guys to miss out.

Misread your statement mate, as far as I thought you were talking about senior coaching gigs and he has only coached south Freo.
Know what you mean now.

Simmos got us to a GF so I think he deserves another go,maybe a good motivator as and offside , there's an issue there also I'd be chasing Schofield at Subi he's lost at least half a dozen players each year since he's been coaching and still got em up to grand finals ,You'd think Mitchell would look after the midfield , Coxy the ruck , I think we're due for an experienced forward line coach as I don't think Jamie Graham has cut the mustard and apparently didn't do much at EP ,the backline seems ok and recruiting is gonna be pretty important we are probably looking at losing more than a few players,Mitchell /Priddis/ Butler/ Masten /Hill/Jetta/Giles /Not sure if Lamb would stick around /They may let Tunbridge go he is just injured far too often,I'm not sure of the contracts on these guys but the recruiting dept are gonna be verybusy

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's

not a fantasy.

I don't mind losing, is the way we lose which is the upsetting part. We just roll over a die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back