• End of 2017

• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they get into Nisbett? He turns the club a huge profit every year. He is untouchable for the media because he owns the media, he can wipe any person and the organisation they work for just by being criticised by them.

As does Eddie at the Pies: turned the club into a financial powerhouse, seems very powerful with the media, WORKS in the media even, yet does not escape the heat when it needs to be applied.

If Nissy is untouchable like you say, then maybe that's just part of the problem. A new CEO may actually be what the Eagles need.

Sumich's "runs on the board" include a number of failed runs at head coaching jobs, a very public dummy spit when he missed out on the job to Simpson and then a fairly public falling out with Lyon leading to him leaving the AFL system altogether this year.

Micale was a great coach in his day. What's he doing now?

I disagree that Simpson needs to go now (I think he's coaching for his career next year) but even if you accept that he does I don't accept that Sumich is just going to waltz in and save us. It's a fantasy concocted by fans who have been spoiled for success and now have a pathological lack of patience and reason.

A lot of people have stated that Simmo is coaching for his career in 2018. If this is the case, he'd be much smarter to take a 3 year contract at a new club back east...especially if he's planning on being a career coach.

Same goes for Scott at North.

A lot of people have stated that Simmo is coaching for his career in 2018. If this is the case, he'd be much smarter to take a 3 year contract at a new club back east...especially if he's planning on being a career coach.

Same goes for Scott at North.
all coaches are coaching for their career -it isn't a Government Job

I disagree that Simpson needs to go now (I think he's coaching for his career next year) but even if you accept that he does I don't accept that Sumich is just going to waltz in and save us. It's a fantasy concocted by fans who have been spoiled for success and now have a pathological lack of patience and reason.

I'm less invested in Sumich as coach as I am in Simmo must go. Mr Mich-Brown-to-the-forward-pocket was well and truly on notice after a series of stuff ups last year, went to another level this year. Probably the first time you could realistically say that a coach has cost a team a top four spot as a direct result of poor decision making, man management and selections. The actual difference. And (with respect) don't give us this nonsense that we are simply impatient. The age profile of this squad has us smack bang in the middle of a premiership window and is the result of ten years of development post 2007. That whole period is the worst in our clubs history. Mark my words if we allow Mr Lecras-to-the-midfield to go on he'll set us up for a similar duration of ineptitude.

Last edited:
And why wouldn't you? Part of coaching is the establishment of a culture. What he's done down at Subi is instil it in spades. We should be cherry picking the winners in life not "persisting" with blokes, just because. I'd go as far to say I'd back him in as head coach over Simmo.

Unfortunately the general public think that Schoey as he is at a WAFL club is deemed second rate, one would hope management at AFL clubs know this to be not the truth. Coaching a WAFL or and AFL club would be very similar except for the pressures and demands the AFL job brings with it. The actual coaching and man management side of things would be very similar. Schofield has done an amazing job at Subiaco. He does have a business and some family reasons however which are why he has not wanted to move to the AFL, whether that has changed I don't know.

Unfortunately the general public think that Schoey as he is at a WAFL club is deemed second rate, one would hope management at AFL clubs know this to be not the truth. Coaching a WAFL or and AFL club would be very similar except for the pressures and demands the AFL job brings with it. The actual coaching and man management side of things would be very similar. Schofield has done an amazing job at Subiaco. He does have a business and some family reasons however which are why he has not wanted to move to the AFL, whether that has changed I don't know.
Not sure I've ever heard anyone say that, he seems very well regarded. Thought it was well known that Schofield didn't want to move over east or have to travel all the time so he hasn't moved up to the AFL.

I like Simmo but think our biggest concern is his team of coaches. We have an inexperienced and unproven coaching group. We need to reshuffle it in the off-season and throw some big money for assistants. Bit like Richmond did last year (can't believe I'm using them as an example) but it's clearly worked wonders for them.

Not sure I've ever heard anyone say that, he seems very well regarded. Thought it was well known that Schofield didn't want to move over east or have to travel all the time so he hasn't moved up to the AFL.

I am not saying anyone is saying it, I am just pointing out that when the name WAFL appears the majority just think second rate. Probs just worded it wrong.

I am not saying anyone is saying it, I am just pointing out that when the name WAFL appears the majority just think second rate. Probs just worded it wrong.
Yeh, I guess these days if you haven't come from the Hawthorn coaching factory you seem to be overlooked for coaching roles. Certainly coming from the WAFL would not be the contemporary way to become an AFL coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, I guess these days if you haven't come from the Hawthorn coaching factory you seem to be overlooked for coaching roles. Certainly coming from the WAFL would not be the contemporary way to become an AFL coach.

Always believed you go for the best coach, many clubs at all levels believe getting a certain name coach is more important. Look how many on our board here just bag our assistants because in their own minds they were not star players so they believe they can't coach. Great players as you know have no more of a chance being great coaches than anyone else.

Always believed you go for the best coach, many clubs at all levels believe getting a certain name coach is more important. Look how many on our board here just bag our assistants because in their own minds they were not star players so they believe they can't coach. Great players as you know have no more of a chance being great coaches than anyone else.
I'd say our assistants get bagged on here because they seem to do a piss-poor job, may be a bit unfairly because most of them are inexperienced.

I'm less invested in Sumich as coach as I am in Simmo must go. Mr Mich-Brown-to-the-forward-pocket was well and truly on notice after a series of stuff ups last year, went to another level this year. Probably the first time you could realistically say that a coach has cost a team a top four spot as a direct result of poor decision making, man management and selections. The actual difference. And (with respect) don't give us this nonsense that we are simply impatient. The age profile of this squad has us smack bang in the middle of a premiership window and is the result of ten years of development post 2007. That whole period is the worst in our clubs history. Mark my words if we allow Mr Lecras-to-the-midfield to go on he'll set us up for a similar duration of ineptitude.

I'm the same re: Summa-Simmo, good way to describe it. There have been some bizarre selection/management things going on, but some explanations or 'excuses'. Simmo has had to contend with injury and the WCE establishment. Our biggest failing has been our midfield.

The 'establishment' being the incumbent WCE management hell bent on being mr nice club, and choice to build around their pre-Simmo installed "franchise players' - Gaff, Priddis, Hurn, JK, NN & Shuey. They've got it wrong with Priddis & Gaff, and Hurn as captain. Maybe that's why Simmo sacrificed Lecras into the midfield as an attempt to inject some actual skill and talent there, along with that spitter strategy. Priddis & Gaff are unmovable (from their spots + on the field). Hurn just isn't captain material.

All clubs get injuries, but losing NN was a huge contingency to deal with, particularly with such a concreted in useless midfield. Even when he was playing we regularly got smashed in the midfield. They got the Petrie selection right as a damage control/insurance policy. Simmo also lost Mackenzie back in 2015.. but had his best year.

Then there is Duggan, Redden and Sheed. All held back by both injury but also being blocked out by Priddis + Gaff, and then Mitchell. They sacrificed Redden/Sheed/Duggan before Priddis and Gaff to make room for Mitchell. There were gains made for these blokes mid season with Priddis playing less/missing games and finally retiring.. (well announcing it). But for the last few games where we're fighting for finals survival, he's backed Priddis straight back in? ? So those guys again cop another set back, unable to develop in their preferred and best suited positions. Sheed's played 60 min games FFS..? Gaff has sucked as well. But had his best game when Priddis was out.

Then there is the Yeo and Gov boggle. Both used as saving our ass players. Yeo to cover for mostly our inept, slow, unco midfield. We're playing our game like the actual 'midfielders' are a line behind at half back? Playing Gov in ruck is absolute madness, even if he says he wants to do it. Him going forward didn't work but I'm not adverse to him having a crack there randomly. The extra punishment from unco git blockhead opposition ruckmen he could cop rucking is not worth it. Yeo Yeo Yeo... geeeze. Just play him midfield Simmo. Also think they have handled Wellingham badly as well.

I'm the same re: Summa-Simmo, good way to describe it. There have been some bizarre selection/management things going on, but some explanations or 'excuses'. Simmo has had to contend with injury and the WCE establishment. Our biggest failing has been our midfield.

The 'establishment' being the incumbent WCE management hell bent on being mr nice club, and choice to build around their pre-Simmo installed "franchise players' - Gaff, Priddis, Hurn, JK, NN & Shuey. They've got it wrong with Priddis & Gaff, and Hurn as captain. Maybe that's why Simmo sacrificed Lecras into the midfield as an attempt to inject some actual skill and talent there, along with that spitter strategy. Priddis & Gaff are unmovable (from their spots + on the field). Hurn just isn't captain material.

All clubs get injuries, but losing NN was a huge contingency to deal with, particularly with such a concreted in useless midfield. Even when he was playing we regularly got smashed in the midfield. They got the Petrie selection right as a damage control/insurance policy. Simmo also lost Mackenzie back in 2015.. but had his best year.

Then there is Duggan, Redden and Sheed. All held back by both injury but also being blocked out by Priddis + Gaff, and then Mitchell. They sacrificed Redden/Sheed/Duggan before Priddis and Gaff to make room for Mitchell. There were gains made for these blokes mid season with Priddis playing less/missing games and finally retiring.. (well announcing it). But for the last few games where we're fighting for finals survival, he's backed Priddis straight back in? ? So those guys again cop another set back, unable to develop in their preferred and best suited positions. Sheed's played 60 min games FFS..? Gaff has sucked as well. But had his best game when Priddis was out.

Then there is the Yeo and Gov boggle. Both used as saving our ass players. Yeo to cover for mostly our inept, slow, unco midfield. We're playing our game like the actual 'midfielders' are a line behind at half back? Playing Gov in ruck is absolute madness, even if he says he wants to do it. Him going forward didn't work but I'm not adverse to him having a crack there randomly. The extra punishment from unco git blockhead opposition ruckmen he could cop rucking is not worth it. Yeo Yeo Yeo... geeeze. Just play him midfield Simmo. Also think they have handled Wellingham badly as well.
poor old yoe is too dumb to play midfield -he is a see ball catch ball player with no footy IQ

Yep has his own biz and young kids is the reasons I've heard he hasn't taken up an offer but Who knows if the money and conditions are right!! west coast need to get him

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Priddis, Hutchings, Masten & Gaff aren't exactly brain surgeons either

But at least Yeo has some run and doesn't piss around hand balling backwards and treating the ball like a hot spud ,if we got young gov then JD could go into the midfield with Yeo ,that's what we need bigger stronger bodies as far as footy smarts go Yep you may be right ,he may not b the cleverest player but that's what our coaches are for

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

and they have helped us win how many premierships????

yoe is an outstanding HB with dash and attack - just what we need. Why turn him into an average mid

You answer your own questions.
Midfielders? All of them. If your saying midfielders win premierships. Hence we haven't won win in ten years.

Exactly! And that's exactly what we desperately need in our midfielders and the fact that it's not recognised as a requirement and you demonstrate as such, is why we're failing. Super below average is what our mids are in there now. He couldn't possibly become more average? Please explain how?

Start of as a line coach maybe Forwards or back? Get rid of Graham and Pratt.

Rumour was Adelaide were looking at Schoey.

Schofield will be staying in Perth, as he operates a very profitable business on the side. Word is, he asked not to be presented with any formal offers from interstate clubs for this reason.

Schofield will be staying in Perth, as he operates a very profitable business on the side. Word is, he asked not to be presented with any formal offers from interstate clubs for this reason.
No competition for him. Surely he can't be any worse than Graham. Knowing our club we will be reactive and back off just because everyone else has been told to. "He can't be that good, no one else seems to rate him"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back