• End of 2017

• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Simpson coached the game fine, we were in it up to our eyeballs and had every reason to win. Hill converted his 2 chances, they were in huge moments, isn't that why everyone was angry at Lecras? That's why I was anyway.

We did get rebounded against very badly, not sure if that's on Hill, I think it's a mixture of Hill, Karpany, Darling, Cripps and Priddis (when up forward).

Simpson needs to go for the reasons the above poster said. We all can see it so it staggers me how he can't. He simply can't continue to play out of form players week in, week out. He is the reason we are where we are. Plays Lecras for weeks, plays Cripps for weeks when these two players could bearly kick one goal out of 10 attempts. Does nothing about Darling who can't play as a key position player. He is either third tall or he is out. That's the problem, something that should be dealt with a long time ago. He refuses to do anything about our midfield problems. Finally after half a season he dropped Masten. But we suffered for it for half a season until something was done. Same needs to now be done for Priddis but by the time he does it will be round 23 and we will be out of contention.

Just keep the reliable players that can play there position and cut the ones that just aren't up to it. Not that hard, get it right with team selections and that's where he has failed, likewise with recruiting decisions. Address what we need.

We need to stop wasting time with Simmo and move onto another coach for next season.

Last edited:
Simpson needs to go for the reasons the above poster said. We all can see it so it staggers me how he can't. He simply can't continue to play out of form players week in, week out. He is the reason we are where we are. Plays Lecras for weeks, plays Cripps for weeks when these two players could bearly kick one goal out of 10 attempts. Does nothing about Darling who can't play as a key position player. He is either third tall or he is out. That's the problem, something that should be dealt with a long time ago. He refuses to do anything about our midfield problems. Finally after half a season he dropped Masten. But we suffered for it for half a season until something was done. Same needs to now be done for Priddis but by the time he does it will be round 23 and we will be out of contention.

Just keep the reliable players that can play there position and cut the ones that just aren't up to it. Not that hard, get it right with team selections and that's where he has failed, likewise with recruiting decisions. Address what we need.

We need to stop wasting time with Simmo and move onto another coach for next season.
You realise without Lecras, Hill and Cripps there's nobody else?

Everyone else is a midfielder at WAFL level and would be out of position, Rioli is injured as is Venables (the two most capable of that position).

I actually think our whole coaching set up (rookies everywhere) and match committee are pretty poor, but not Simpson himself.

Still get the feeling this guy is coaching with 1 hand tied behind his back. He has innovated and kept us in games with a team that has a big crutch. We can all see it that when we play a team with a hard fast midfield we are just hanging on for dear life and finding a way despite that. That is Simpson its his coaching that is covering up massive flaws in our midfield and he is trying to get younger players in the team.
But he is facing an uphill battle to get that youth in the team and still definitely believe with his comment that we are an average side and that the youth is being pushed into the team going against what I believe the rest of the MC to be about.
With Barrass, Nelson, Sheed, Cole, Duggan & Karpany we are getting to see some youth and its just the failure to recognise when a certain mid is completely beyond cooked we are talking well done here and move him on that is a mark against the direction of this team right now. Lecras cannot be rushed back and I don't think we will see Butler over Cole etc anytime soon.

Everyone else is a midfielder at WAFL level and would be out of position, Rioli is injured as is Venables (the two most capable of that position).

I actually think our whole coaching set up (rookies everywhere) and match committee are pretty poor, but not Simpson himself.

When Lecras and Cripps can't play there position then what the hell does it matter anymore. Just start spinning the wheel and play players out of position. Rather that then do nothing about poor performing players.

Still get the feeling this guy is coaching with 1 hand tied behind his back. He has innovated and kept us in games with a team that has a big crutch. We can all see it that when we play a team with a hard fast midfield we are just hanging on for dear life and finding a way despite that. That is Simpson its his coaching that is covering up massive flaws in our midfield and he is trying to get younger players in the team.
But he is facing an uphill battle to get that youth in the team and still definitely believe with his comment that we are an average side and that the youth is being pushed into the team going against what I believe the rest of the MC to be about.
With Barrass, Nelson, Sheed, Cole, Duggan & Karpany we are getting to see some youth and its just the failure to recognise when a certain mid is completely beyond cooked we are talking well done here and move him on that is a mark against the direction of this team right now. Lecras cannot be rushed back and I don't think we will see Butler over Cole etc anytime soon.

There is a 'comfortablity' at WC. Everyone is comfortable. The coach is comfortable, the players are comfortable, the MC is comfortable and the administration is comfortable.

Why wouldn't they be?

No matter how this season goes we will make seventy kajillion dollors and all the members will be back. With Freo doing poorly we have no local AFL rivalry. No rival code is going to steal the corporate sponsors. Retired players get cushy media jobs or industry connections so they don't rock the boat. The media are all our mates so they aren't going to push for change.

So we don't. No reason too. Why take risks?

Just move to our shiny new stadium next year, make seventy kajillion dollors x 2 and continue cruising along.

I totally agree with this comment and just shows that there are different rules for different players. Furthermore, in the game against Gold Coast, Hill kicked 2.0 had 13 possessions and laid four tackles while LeCrab had 10 possessions, kicked 0.1 and laid no tackles, yet Hill was dropped and LeCrab wasn't.

Honestly, Simpson is destroying this team by refusing to drop Priddis, employing this stupid corralling style of play and constantly playing people out of position to accommodate favourites.

But hills game is measured by goals kicked (which he did do) and Lecras game isn't measured by goals kicked (which he didn't do)

So if you understand this two comments by Simpson then lecrab shouldn't have been dropped (which he wasn't) and hill shouldn't have been dropped (which he was)

Makes sense to me.

I do enjoy how every time we lose it's "Outcoached was Simmo" like the players can do no wrong and it's always the coaches fault.

We convert one of our very gettable missed goals and it's an entirely different story so spare me.

Simmo was fine, stop kicking up a bitch fit.

A long time this poor conversion has gone on for.
With coaching it must be fixed.

Who is fixing it? Not simmo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But hills game is measured by goals kicked (which he did do) and Lecras game isn't measured by goals kicked (which he didn't do)

So if you understand this two comments by Simpson then lecrab shouldn't have been dropped (which he wasn't) and hill shouldn't have been dropped (which he was)

Makes sense to me.

So, two guys play in the same position - both in the forward line - and only one players' game is measured by goals and you think that makes sense?

Never mind the fact that Hill can, and often does play in more positions throughout a game because he is more versatile.

I gather you are taking the mickey....

Bloody logic and clear thinking, not again!
Nic Nat and Judd are the only two drafting wins we have had in the modern time. Cant blame the coach for the cattle

Maybe if we got rid of Nisbett and co at the same time. Otherwise I think the club will go for a former playing having tried an outsider and it not working.

And there in lies our problem, from top to bottom we have no one that is prepared to make a big call or do something different and outside the square, just stay safe should be our motto. Even our drafting has been bland.

So, two guys play in the same position - both in the forward line - and only one players' game is measured by goals and you think that makes sense?

Never mind the fact that Hill can, and often does play in more positions throughout a game because he is more versatile.

I gather you are taking the mickey....

I was being sarcastic. Couldn't find the correct smiley lol.
To clarify it doesn't make sense to me at all
It's faaaarked

Simpson has been lost ever since Pyke left.
You need to visit the Adelaide board as many of their supporters aren't too happy with Pyke's style of coaching as well - I don't blame Simmo entirely as think the real problem is that our whole coaching panel as a whole are very inexperienced compared to some other Clubs. Take Essendon for eg - Woosha has McKenna and Harvey as assistants who have have both coached as head coach with other Clubs. All of our assistants are pretty green as far as experience goes. Not sure if Graham as our forward coach is up for the task??? Many questions!

Think you may be on the money here - think instructions are coming from upstairs as to who can be dropped and who can't. It's a question that has to be asked as you have to wonder why some of the older players out of form keep getting played and some of the youngsters playing for EP are not being given a chance when they are in good form. I know sometimes you can't bring in players who are not AFL ready but surely some of the younger ones should be given more of a go on a progressive basis. It will be interesting this week to see if Partington gets a go at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back