• End of 2017

• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sando's Crows made a Prelim (not a GF) and he was sacked after missing the finals for the 2 years after that
If Simmo fails to make the finals this year (let alone, this year and next year), then fair enough, talk about sacking him
But this thread is a complete kneejerk
We're 6-3. If the 3 losses are his fault, then the 6 wins are thanks to him too.
That is precisely your problem. You are judging him on finals appearance. I am judging him on the way his team plays. We can make finals for the next 5 years in a row with this team, but we will not win a flag with this team. That is the difference and you do not see it that way. Fair enough. Keep dreaming.

I'll play devil's advocate and have a crack.

Priddis out, either give Redden a few games to make it his own or smack Partington directly into the middle.
Butler out, Lord Nelson straight swap.
LeCras out, Karpany and Rioli to battle it out.
Masten out, Hutchings straight swap. (Much for muchness, but Hutchings far younger)

That is precisely your problem. You are judging him on finals appearance. I am judging him on the way his team plays. We can make finals for the next 5 years in a row with this team, but we will not win a flag with this team. That is the difference and you do not see it that way. Fair enough. Keep dreaming.
This is so subjective
I wonder if you felt the same way after the Freo/Port/Dogs wins .
Winning a flag over the next 5 years relies on things other than the coach (including luck)
It's far too early to consider this a Ross Lyon-type *may get near enough but not good enough* situation (which is what you seem to be implying)

When simpson arrive he said our biggest weakness was our midfield. It still is but he is on the receiving end of years of misguided drafting.
Come on down Woodhouse
His options at the moment are some kids getting over injuries.

I recall him saying versatility in players was going to be a priority. Players had to be capable of playing multiple positions. Fast Forward 3.5 years and I'd struggle to name more than a handful that could.

Tell me which WAFL players have earned a call up? You keep saying how s**t we are, so we give some specific examples on where we can improve otherwise all you are doing is emotionally ranting after a dissapointing loss.
Midfield set up is not right. It hasn't been right for few seasons. Masten is giving so little compared to a liability he is. Only way Gaff should be there is for a player to compensate for his shortcomings. Priddis , mitchell, redden and sheed does not work. The reason we won 2006 was not just due to Kerr, JUDD and Cuz, it was hugely because of guys like fletcher, Stenglein, Joes,chick and others to do the hard work to allow these guys to do what they did. In simple terms we built a team around those guys.If you have Priddis there, then you need to have his complimentary player right next to him to cover his shortcomings such as pace, kicking skills and goal kicking.

If masten is so called elite kick, then you need a player to compensate for his lack of tackling, pace and pretty much everything else. ect

If gaff is elite kick with no defensive side to his game, same kind of plan should be implemented for him.

This is a start. That's how you deal with whatever talent you have. You adapt! Of course Judd, Kerr, Cuz era was one in a billion, but you work with what you have. You need to look at the right metrics and kind of performances in WAFL to complement your first 22 rather than just overall performance. This is called coaching.

This is so subjective
I wonder if you felt the same way after the Freo/Port/Dogs wins .
Winning a flag over the next 5 years relies on things other than the coach (including luck)
It's far too early to consider this a Ross Lyon-type *may get near enough but not good enough* situation (which is what you seem to be implying)
Lets take a look at wins against Dogs and Port. Had they kicked straight we would have been destroyed. We lost every single stat that matter against both Power and Dogs. Do not think for a second that we are better than Dogs ad power at this point. Dude Dogs lost to cats this week and laid 104 tackles. Name me the last time Eagles laid 100 plus tackles in a game, regardless of the score. I am intrigued. It is the way you play as a team that is important to me, results will come later. Right now, you are letting results overshadow the bigger problem.

I am waiting for the game against dogs at Etihad to judge this team. If we win that game by 5 goals then I will apologies to everyone. Apart from that wining the next 4 games by average of 6 goals wont matter at all.

Lets take a look at wins against Dogs and Port. Had they kicked straight we would have been destroyed.
Definitely not true re: the Dogs- we were even more inaccurate than them. Also did you see where Port took their shots from?
Besides if you're writing off the Port win due to opposition inaccuracy, you might as well write off the Richmond loss for the same reason (we kicked 8.17 :p)
(note, I'm not suggesting you write off either of them)

We lost every single stat that matter against both Power and Dogs.
Apart from the one which actually matters (ie the scoreboard)
Might be true against Port, but certainly not against the dogs (we won the disposals, DE, efficiency inside 50, uncontested possessions, intercepts and turnovers)
We smashed them in the marking contest too

Do not think for a second that we are better than Dogs ad power at this point. Dude Dogs lost to cats this week and laid 104 tackles. Name me the last time Eagles laid 100 plus tackles in a game, regardless of the score. I am intrigued. It is the way you play as a team that is important to me, results will come later. Right now, you are letting results overshadow the bigger problem.
We're also not worse than both. We're about the same as both (as reflected by the margin), and also a heap of other teams
It's an even competition, and we're 4th (or 5th if you take into account the fact that Port have one game in hand)- I'll take it
Despite their lofty %, Port remind me of us in 2015 , and are flat-track bullies in the true meaning of the word
The Dogs' away record is worse than ours
I'm not worried about our tackle counts. The fact that the dogs laid that number in a losing cause says it all.
You're letting subjective things overshadow the bigger picture

Priddis out, either give Redden a few games to make it his own or smack Partington directly into the middle.
Masten out, Hutchings straight swap. (Much for muchness, but Hutchings far younger)
I think Hutch is only two years Masto's junior. Masten is the better player based on recent form so may as well leave him in there.

I do like Hurchings in for Masten. Hutch is a real leader at WAFL level.

I'd like to see us drop Butler and have Nelson and Mitchell rotate between stints in the midfield and off halfback.

Team still looks a little slow with Priddis, Mitchell, Sheed, Gaff, Hutchings and Redden in the guts. Having Shuey, and rotating Yeo and Nelson through there helps a little bit. Probably need more from our half forwards as well.

2 years?

Simpson has a very good understanding of the quality of the list. If you were able to interpret his conferences properly, this would be clear.

On a separate note I'm not sure why Hardwick has been brought into the conversation. Richmond have been in a hole for a while now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking thread, people want Darling dropped and Dimma to coach.
Did you folks watch any football this week?
Darling had 7 shots on goal and Dimma choked AGAIN.

Sorry, I agree with your point but are you joking? Darling shouldn't be dropped because he had seven shots at goal?

He doesn't cut it. His performances this season are indefensible.

Simpson has a very good understanding of the quality of the list. If you were able to interpret his conferences properly, this would be clear.

On a separate note I'm not sure why Hardwick has been brought into the conversation. Richmond have been in a hole for a while now.
Well was a joke....

But I think no one is in the mood for a bit of sarcasm ................

I blame the cattle.

Our midfield remains horrendous and the recruitment of Redden has actually made it worse. Our secondary tier struggle to make it to 15 touches and their development has stagnated. Duggan, I'm looking at you.

Rebuild required. We're one of those awkward middle Richmond teams that will remain there indefinitely until the hard calls are made.

If Priddis gets another contract I may give up.

I am waiting for the game against dogs at Etihad to judge this team. If we win that game by 5 goals then I will apologies to everyone. Apart from that wining the next 4 games by average of 6 goals wont matter at all.
I'll be sure to let Simmo know.

But I suspect you won't post here if that does eventuate.

I blame the cattle.

Our midfield remains horrendous and the recruitment of Redden has actually made it worse. Our secondary tier struggle to make it to 15 touches and their development has stagnated. Duggan, I'm looking at you.

Rebuild required. We're one of those awkward middle Richmond teams that will remain there indefinitely until the hard calls are made.

If Priddis gets another contract I may give up.

Agreed. Whether or not we need a rebuild as such I'm not sure, if we trade aggressively (and well) we could get away with a bit of a reboot with a quicker response time. A rebuild would mean missing out on the talents of Naitanui, Shuey and Kennedy in our next push. Treading water where we are would be a disaster though.

I think we both know Priddis will play one more. But he has been getting worse out there.

We have lost twice now away by 50 and 60 points. When did dogs lose by that kind of a margin?? when did port lose
Definitely not true re: the Dogs- we were even more inaccurate than them. Also did you see where Port took their shots from?
Besides if you're writing off the Port win due to opposition inaccuracy, you might as well write off the Richmond loss for the same reason (we kicked 8.17 :p)
(note, I'm not suggesting you write off either of them)

Apart from the one which actually matters (ie the scoreboard)
Might be true against Port, but certainly not against the dogs (we won the disposals, DE, efficiency inside 50, uncontested possessions, intercepts and turnovers)
We smashed them in the marking contest too

We're also not worse than both. We're about the same as both (as reflected by the margin), and also a heap of other teams
It's an even competition, and we're 4th (or 5th if you take into account the fact that Port have one game in hand)- I'll take it
Despite their lofty %, Port remind me of us in 2015 , and are flat-track bullies in the true meaning of the word
The Dogs' away record is worse than ours
I'm not worried about our tackle counts. The fact that the dogs laid that number in a losing cause says it all.
You're letting subjective things overshadow the bigger picture
like that??
I'll be sure to let Simmo know.

But I suspect you won't post here if that does eventuate.
Of course I will. I am happy to admit when I'm wrong.

It's just a bad loss for me, but it doesn't look like top 2 is on the cards which is what they're aiming for.. Eagles fans have such high expectations.. our window is still open for this year and next for mine, hopefully the top 4 is non Victorian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back