List Mgmt. Geoff Walsh | Returns to NMFC for a short-term advisory role

Remove this Banner Ad

We need something, don’t know if Walshy is the person for the job but geeez let’s try anything otherwise we are doomed to keep being shitful.

I don't know if Walshy is the answer, but there needs to be some sort of circuit breaker to shift things along.

Kudos to Sonja and Ben if they pull this off, but Walsh's isn't going to be around forever. As part of his tenure, I'd be keen to see some sort of mentoring or development of individual(s) to assume the position in due course.

Because the guy has no idea and left us worse when he left last time?

Why the **** would we want him back?

I'm amazed people rate him to be honest.
Don’t know if I’d go that hard on him but I’m pretty lukewarm on the idea as well.
I suspect the game has gone past his hard arse style of management.
As for leaving us worse off he has always been a mercenary and never had much regard for what he was leaving behind.

Granted experience is hugely underrated. But where we're at - fire in the belly is probably more critical to move our needle.

At this end of his career, and coming out of retirement, does Geoff have that?

Granted experience is hugely underrated. But where we're at - fire in the belly is probably more critical to move our needle.

At this end of his career, and coming out of retirement, does Geoff have that?
He's actually doing work for the AFL according to Caro.

GW part from FC last night

I’ve avoided the other clips but this show is worse than I remember. McGuire is a more annoying smart arse than Hutchy, and exerts even less control over the panel.

And what was that driveby about Laura Kane at the end? I thought she was poached, not that North moved her out and the AFL picked her up out of the Centrelink line.

I’ve avoided the other clips but this show is worse than I remember. McGuire is a more annoying smart arse than Hutchy, and exerts even less control over the panel.

And what was that driveby about Laura Kane at the end? I thought she was poached, not that North moved her out and the AFL picked her up out of the Centrelink line.
That's right. She was poached, probably by Brad Scott. (Maybe he wanted someone competent to cover his arse.)

Will gladly accept any help we can get but where does he fit into the structure?

Dan and Brady both report to the CEO. He’s not coming in to report to either of those two.

Suspect it’s a consultant role to get the footy department back on track.

Excellent so Dan, Rawling and Amarfio all have NFI. Of course we seem to feel Nobles has NFI as well.

So we have the NFI football department , or North Football Intelligement if you prefer.

Think we need to update the rock bottom thread, it is fast approaching.

Don’t know if I’d go that hard on him but I’m pretty lukewarm on the idea as well.
I suspect the game has gone past his hard arse style of management.
As for leaving us worse off he has always been a mercenary and never had much regard for what he was leaving behind.
Can we get Greg Miller back again as well ? 😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we get Greg Miller back again as well ? 😊
Always has a special place in my heart not only for the Carey/Horse move but the petty way he handled the Zantuck trade to * (when he was a tig) where he purposely walked into the wrong room and the trade missed the deadline

You can definitely see the conspiracy potential here.

Rawling, Nobles, Walsh consulting with the AFL about Tassie and Eddie's brainfart getting media time.
If it had been given oxygen elsewhere I’d agree but this s**t seems odd.

I’d hate to give it oxygen myself but I’d love the club to slap down the show , I mean really go em.

I was never a fan of Greg Miller the CEO, but as a football person he was in the elite. Especially talent id. Sydney had the rights to Carey and were happy to let him go; Brisbane had the rights to Buckley and didn't even know who he was when Miller first spotted him and made a deal to get him to North.

North Melbourne is in talks with long-time AFL administrator Geoff Walsh about a part-time consultancy role in a bid to help fix the club’s on-field woes, according to multiple reports.

Part time advisory role? Where have we heard this before...

ezgif-2322556104.gif

Last edited:
Greg Miller handed me the form when I first signed up as a member. Standing out the front of a pre-season game at Manuka in early 2000.
Say what you will - that's definitely standing by the "shut up and buy a membership" mantra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back