List Mgmt. Geoff Walsh | Returns to NMFC for a short-term advisory role

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha i asked that and he said he hadn't spoken to him as yet. Him and Walsh are good mates fyi.
He reckons Walsh will tell him, actually will probably seek him out for a chat.
Stay tuned lol.

But between you and us I cannot see anyway possible way Noble stays on now. Not as coach anyways.
I don’t “like” the foreseen end of Noble - I’d like to think he gets support and opportunity to get things moving positively - but I do like that the club wants to be patient but with purpose, and with advice from someone with a lot of experience in footy and investment in the place.

Need I go on?

I dunno why you’d bother tbh.

People wanting it both ways. Want action because we’re s**t + want to complain about the actions taken to make us not s**t.

There will be no real appeasement until we win games and then the rest won’t matter.

You’ve seen in the Noble thread that broadly they don’t listen anyhow.

Walsh is reporting to Amarfio so I reckon the CEO might just be safe.
Hmm..

What does the CEO get paid for then ?

Or is there an unlimited budget to spend on consultants like Walsh and Roo’s

Hmm..

What does the CEO get paid for then ?

Or is there an unlimited budget to spend on consultants like Walsh and Roo’s

The CEO probably gets paid so we can afford to appoint consultants like Roos and Walsh.

Doesn't change the fact those three are the reason we are still the NMFC.

Rhyce Shaw needed and wanted key support around him, which Amarfio didnt prioritise. Shaw could still be our coach if he had a senior assistant to provide help.

Are you going to address 3 of our key recruiting staff leaving, siting mismanagement?? in your opinion, who is at fault there?

We were on a great trajectory under Arocca. Amarfio has stopped that growth
You really are overflowing with s**t aren't you?

To sheet home the blame for Shaw's failure to Ben A is a simplistic cop out.

List managers - plenty of question marks over their performance and the holes in our list. I'd say they saw the writing on the wall and walked. Good management getting dead wood to leave rather than sacking them.

You do realise that Eugene was forced out by JB and his board don't you?

I don’t “like” the foreseen end of Noble - I’d like to think he gets support and opportunity to get things moving positively - but I do like that the club wants to be patient but with purpose, and with advice from someone with a lot of experience in footy and investment in the place.

As per usual you always bring a common sense approach to everything. I on a different subject are running a bridge burning course for beginners next year.
I think you should put your name down :p

I actually agree but heck I just can't see him turning it around. Although playing Plunger McKay at FF is a great start.

Some football experience is badly needed at the club.

The President has been there 5 minutes, the CEO has no football pedigree, the Coach is on L plates, the recruitment team has been decimated and on the field the Captain has been non existent.

If Walsh - at 66 - is invested and keen to do the role then this would be a good hire.

You really are overflowing with s**t aren't you?

To sheet home the blame for Shaw's failure to Ben A is a simplistic cop out.

List managers - plenty of question marks over their performance and the holes in our list. I'd say they saw the writing on the wall and walked. Good management getting dead wood to leave rather than sacking them.

You do realise that Eugene was forced out by JB and his board don't you?

Not at all. Open your eyes.

If he's doing well why are we bringing in our second consultant? He should be able to see where the shortcomings are in our program and he absolutely cannot do so.

Dead wood to leave? Luff was there 5 minutes. He oversaw and ticked off that hire.

Poor poor poor all round. Needs to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's doing well why are we bringing in our second consultant? He should be able to see where the shortcomings are in our program and he absolutely cannot do so.

I'm not sure you understand the job of the CEO.

Spoiler alert: he's not hands-on with the footy department like you seem to believe. I don't think you want the same person responsible for having oversight of the 'Finance & Administration' department or the 'Consumer & Marketing' department to also be making on-field personnel decisions.

Give it up, mate.

This is a great get.
We have not had a great footy boss since he left.
He came to us in the summer of 2013-14 and then got poached by the Pies after Rocket left at the end of 2016 when we opted to rebuild. We played finals each year he was here.

He then had the Pies in a granny in 2018, prelim 2019 and finals 2020 before retiring.

This is absolutely a gem appointment. Well done Sonja.

I hope he’s given the same level of authority he had over Brad, as Joyce f***** the joint when he took over.
He's not coming to run the joint on a full time basis. He's coming as a short term Consultant.

Not sure about this. I probably would have preferred someone who has never been inside the club so that they would be completely impartial. Someone like Dunstall who has done similar club reviews elsewhere would have been good.

Bring him back

AllDefenselessKissingbug-size_restricted.gif

Failed to conduct correct due diligence on Rhyce Shaw

Rhyce Shaw needed and wanted key support around him, which Amarfio didnt prioritise. Shaw could still be our coach if he had a senior assistant to provide help.

See now here's the problem I have with this. Certainly, Shaw was a mistake, arguably related to due diligence, but as has been pointed out, that mistake was made before Amarfio joined the club. I suspect the sad outcome was inevitable as he was just not a good match for the job. Had he been given more support, or if Covid or the Hub hadn't happened, it's possible that he could still be in the job... a job he clearly wasn't suited to. He would not have dealt well with these past two years and all the losses, for which he had no magic wand to help us avoid. So as I say, we may have witnessed a breakdown over several years instead of the sudden departure as it occurred.

Dead wood to leave? Luff was there 5 minutes. He oversaw and ticked off that hire.

Poor poor poor all round. Needs to go
Be quite amusing if the first bit of dead wood to go is Roos…..”look mate NFI what your role is at the club but the fact we need a second consultant means you gotta go”

Ok let me get this straight Geoff Walsh is brought into the club on a advisory role to help the club bounce back and move up the club.
Also this club has the Hawaiian Hustler BS Roos also advising the club in the same way.
Now what happens if both these men clash over certain things on how this club should head which will happen what does the NMFC board do then ????? What side does the board take.
To all North supporters expect more pain to come thru this clash of egos as mates of mates of mates get protected at executive and board level in the NMFC version of Bold and Beautiful and the supporters get sold out again.
This is why this club is a laughing stock and an Australian footballing embarrassment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back