News Geoff Walsh Walks Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Also fascinating combination of David Mission and Tessa McManus as combined GM's of Football.

Goes to show how far we have come as a club.

Things are looking good!!!

Ameet had a fairly comprehensive list about his duties when he was Chief Operation Officer at the Saints.
Lethlean was Bains replacement , and similarly listed his position as COO.
Its likely that many of his duties were the same, and that would go some way to explaining how he escaped the Ratten/Finnis bloodbath.

Walsh then replaced Lethlean as Lethlean became CEO. I guess some duties change due to skills overlap. For example i expect that Gallagher was the one doing Player contracts and TPP, when he was "Head of List Management"

Bains
Chief Operating Officer & General CounselChief Operating Officer & General Counsel
Jul 2014 - Dec 2017 · 3 yrs 6 mosJul 2014 - Dec 2017 · 3 yrs 6 mos

Responsibility for and oversight of Club's:
  • Major projects & key strategic matters- incl. Moorabbin redevelopment
  • Media, PR & stakeholder relations
  • Legal, risk, integrity & governance
  • Player contracts, total player payments and player movement

Moorabbin redevelopment must surely be nearly done.
Surely players contracts and TPP are somewhere under SOS and Gubby.
Lethlean would be on board with any previous or carry over issues.
Not too fussed at the moment.
We seem to be getting a bit top heavy IMO. Seems like Trout had been more a "recruiter" while the COO ( Bains ) took care of some of it.
Rising star nominations eh.

Trout:
Recruiting (List Manager / Recruiting & List Manager / National Recruiting Manager)Recruiting (List Manager / Recruiting & List Manager / National Recruiting Manager)
Nov 2010 - Dec 2018 · 8 yrs 2 mosNov 2010 - Dec 2018 · 8 yrs 2 mos

Recruiting (List Manager / Recruiting & List Manager / National Recruiting Manager)Recruiting (List Manager / Recruiting & List Manager / National Recruiting Manager)
Nov 2010 - Dec 2018 · 8 yrs 2 mosNov 2010 - Dec 2018 · 8 yrs 2 mos
Key Responsibilities:

• To manage the List Management Committee, TPP, Player contracts and the Recruiting Team;
• To work with all stakeholders including AFL, State Academies and Competitions, AFL Clubs and Player Managers;
• To recruit the best talent available via Free Agency, Trade and the Draft;
• To manage a list for sustained success.

ACHIEVEMENTS

• Rising Star Nominations – 2014 – L Dunstan / J Billings, 2015 – J Lonie / B Acres,
2016 – J Gresham, 2018 – B Long / H Clark, 2019 - J Battle; All Australians -2020/21- J Steele
2022 - J Sinclair Captains - 2021/22 - J Steele 200 AFL Games - J Newnes St.K/ Carl
• 2017/19 Best & Fairest, 2018 Runner Up B & F - Sebastian Ross (Pick 25, 2011 National Draft)
• 2020/21 Best & Fairest, 2018/19/22 3rd B & F - Jack Steele (2016 Trade of future 2nd round pick)
• 2022 Best & Fairest, 2021 Runner Up B & F - Jack Sinclair (Pick 1 2014 Rookie Draft)
. 2019 Runner Up Best & Fairest , 2020 4th B & F - Rowan Marshall (Pick 10, 2016 Rookie Draft)
• 2016/17/19 Most Goals , 2021 3rd B & F -Tim Membrey (Delisted Free Agent 2014) - 2018 Most Goals Jade Gresham (Pick 18, 2015 National Draft )
• Equal Club Record Most consecutive games - Jack Newnes 123 (Pick 37, 2011 National Draft)
• International Rookies to play AFL, Jason Holmes USA (1st American born and raised to play AFL)
Darragh Joyce, Kilkenny GAA debuted in 2018

Gallagher:
Head of List Management Head of List Management
St Kilda Football ClubSt Kilda Football Club
Sep 2018 - Dec 2022 · 4 yrs 4 mosSep 2018 - Dec 2022 · 4 yrs 4 mos
Melbourne, AustraliaMelbourne, Australia
The Head of List Management is responsible for the strategic management of the St Kilda Football Club's playing list and annual salary cap of > $14m. Leading a team of recruiting and administration staff, the role demands strong negotiation skills, stakeholder relationship management, talent identification and the ability to develop and implement both short and medium term strategies.The Head of List Management is responsible for the strategic management of the St Kilda Football Club's playing list and annual salary cap of > $14m. Leading a team of recruiting and administration staff, the role demands strong negotiation skills, stakeholder relationship management, talent identification and the ability to develop and implement both short and medium term strategies.…see more
Skills: Negotiation · Leadership · Stakeholder Management · Recruiting · Strategic Planning

SOS?
ALLEN?

I think Tessa McManus could be our sole Football GM next year.

If Mission and McManus get through this year successfully, it could be her sole job next year.
I think roman numerals are a bit old-fashioned, the entire McManus clan should modernise their name like this: 1900Anus

I don’t think this Latin pun can be liked enough.
Eh Diehard Saint ?
Anus is really funny word when used as an insult.

On strong recommendation, my wife and I have started watching the Netflix soap "The Crown" and my wife - who is French - keeps giggling every time one of the characters says "Your/His/Her Royal Highness"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anus is really funny word when used as an insult.

On strong recommendation, my wife and I have started watching the Netflix soap "The Crown" and my wife - who is French - keeps giggling every time one of the characters says "Your/His/Her Royal Highness"
Well, don’t write the Hindi glyph below when ordering your take out Indian if you don’t want a surprise amongst the popadoms. 😜
गुदा

BTW: How does a Frenchwoman chuckle?
Demurely or uproariously?

Well, don’t write the Hindi glyph below when ordering your take out Indian if you don’t want a surprise amongst the popadoms.
गुदा

BTW: How does a Frenchwoman chuckle?
Demurely or uproariously?

Sensibly.

giphy.gif

Disappointing result tbh
Don’t know what else we could have expected at this stage of the year.
Gives us time to start courting someone we want for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back