Injury Geoff Walsh's injury update, now brought to you by Blackmores.

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the more interesting discussions raised here is how to report injuries.
I'd love to do the PR for Collingwood.
And I reckon I'd go ok.

Firstly I'm in the school of thinking, if it's a one week injury build in extra time.
Don't say about one week, say even one month but we'd be delighted if he returns early.

Broken hand? Our hope is a quicker recovery but let's trust its before Round 8 or whatever.

• Under Promise, over deliver
But we do seem to have a degree of bad luck njury wise

On a side note to the club's lies why don't they just name and shame in a circumstance like this? He's out, who cares we'll deal with it, but why protect a bloke that has clearly stuffed up?

No one comes out of it looking good, but if you make an example of JDG and not use the softly soflty crap it might actually go some way towards preventing it happening in the future...
Agree Sco, I seem to recall Cats did that with Johnson when he did his ankle.
On the other hand Hawks dropped Hodge for something like not communicating with the correct person - yeah right!

Agree Sco, I seem to recall Cats did that with Johnson when he did his ankle.
On the other hand Hawks dropped Hodge for something like not communicating with the correct person - yeah right!
And they'd drop him for a final
Yeh, right

greenwood is strange. hurt weeks ago and now needs hip surgery. why didn't it happen when he hurt it?

I have obtained footage of our medical department at work. I feel this may shed some light on the situation.

So Jordan Degoey broke his hand playing on a door handle with his dog. Is the club lying and if so why? What are we trying to cover up?

Jermery Howe broke his hand playing with his dog last season and it just seems to be another cover up.

Is the club lying to us?

The potential problem with lying about Degoey's injury is that if there is more to it , it then becomes a journo's story to break and the club once again create it's own mini crisis by trying to be too smart/ not doing enough due diligence on the incident.

Interestingly, while I have broken several bones playing footy, the only time I ever broke my hand involved a large rock and my girlfriend's mother.

Does JDG have a girlfriend?

giphy.gif

The hand needs surgery so he will under go that this week. Must be serious.
Not serious. If a fracture has a plate put on it it will be functional and ready to play with again sooner that just natural healing. So a small break that may heal well in you and I just by immobilisation will be operated on in an AFL player to get them back a couple of weeks earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Jordan Degoey broke his hand playing on a door handle with his dog. Is the club lying and if so why? What are we trying to cover up?

Jermery Howe broke his hand playing with his dog last season and it just seems to be another cover up.

Is the club lying to us?
Breaking a bone in your hand can happen really easily, in the most unexpected ways, even playing with dogs, or kids
What would be the purpose in covering it up?

Disappointed with the injuries. Does anyone know how De Goey broke his hand is it true that he did it playing with his dog?

Why assume we are telling lies? I've owned dogs all my life and I'm always breaking my hands/ankles/knees etc when playing with them. Happens all the timeo_O

Common Sense.

Then why has De Goey been Missing since JLT Game 1?

Common Sense.

Cheers Dave. I was being a bit sarcastic. I don't know how he hurt himself but it smells a bit like bulldust to me. Perhaps the club should outlaw dog ownership amongst the playing group. It seems like an increasingly dangerous thing to own a dog.;)

And so it begins, the majority of preseason with everyone on track, the week out from round 1 and 3 players go down.
The Elliott injury annoys me, reported as very minor and turns out to be a month, not good enough.
I remember a couple of seasons ago, Jackson Ramsey had a shin injury, was listed as a "test" on the injury list. Didn't play again for the season.

Disappointed with the injuries. Does anyone know how De Goey broke his hand is it true that he did it playing with his dog?
11135116.gif

The only people who really know are the distrusting souls on here who "know" that we're being lied to. We know the club is stupid for thinking we're too stupid to believe they aren't stupid for lying to us!

Common Sense.

Dave - De Goey did a full warm up with VFL team prior to their practice match on March 11th.
He had no hand issues then & that was after our last JLT game.
So it's safe to assume something happened between now & march 11th (9 days)
Anything special happen in that time? Like a 21st birthday party? Date of Birth 15/03/1996

Playing with the dog - Yeah right. The club needs to have a good hard look at the way it communicates & operates. Becoming like politicians these days.
You have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

Breaking a bone in your hand can happen really easily, in the most unexpected ways, even playing with dogs, or kids
What would be the purpose in covering it up?
So they can sneak Blair into the side.
It's known as the Which Blair project ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back