Geoffrey Edelsten - 1943 – 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for giving us Brynne.
Hope she gets off the meth charges and continues working at the Karaoke bar.

🥰 🥰 🥰
iu

That's convicted fraudster, money launderer and tax evader Geoffrey eddelston to you

Yep...he makes Bernie Madoff look like a saint.

Every time I hear of Edelsten I think of Capper talking about Leanne in this interview. I reckon she had the wiz’s wiz a few times ..just quietly.

All glitz and glamour, dodgy deals and somehow managed to get blonde bombshells interested in him 46 years his junior! (Well done) The Doc lived on the principle of "I have so much cash in my life that my biggest problem is spending it on the wrong things" Throwing cash at Dolly birds 46 years your junior is not spending it on the wrong things if you have it to spend? I can't get anyone interested 46 days my junior!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give him some credit. After Geoffrey (and Stokesy) the whole private ownership became well and truly buried.

But more seriously, he did turn the Swans into a competitive outfit and did a lot to raise the profile of football in that backward states.

Tim Watson's book on Sheedy had a funny story about Edelsten. Apparently he & Leanne went out to dinner with Sheedy & Noel Judkins & a few Sydney officials , and Leanne disappeared after each course & came back in a different outfit, and later fell asleep at the table.

Then after the meal, Sheedy offered them a lift back to the city & they had to get in the back of his Celica which was full of newspapers & had dodgy brakes :)

Tim Watson's book on Sheedy had a funny story about Edelsten. Apparently he & Leanne went out to dinner with Sheedy & Noel Judkins & a few Sydney officials , and Leanne disappeared after each course & came back in a different outfit, and later fell asleep at the table.

Then after the meal, Sheedy offered them a lift back to the city & they had to get in the back of his Celica which was full of newspapers & had dodgy brakes :)
Ahh the ol Silly Car. And Sheeds. Can't imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back