Society/Culture Geoffrey Rush harassment allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet, I no women, who think differently that what is perceived as the norm,and have heard said,I wish that guy wouldn’t look at me like he is u dressing me.
Like seriously, poor bastard,was addressing her in a meeting.

I just think, some,can and do, view abuse differently to the norm......

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yet, I no women, who think differently that what is perceived as the norm,and have heard said,I wish that guy wouldn’t look at me like he is u dressing me.
Like seriously, poor bastard,was addressing her in a meeting.

I just think, some,can and do, view abuse differently to the norm......

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm assuming it's just the Bigfooty app screwing with your grammar/spelling, but I really don't know what you're trying to say here.

Always a tough call for the female caught-up in these matters.

AEON
the problem on both occasions was bipartisan flirtation occurred, to a point, and flirtation generally or axiomatically includes ratchet'ing to different strata. I see this primarily a case that Rush does not look like Pierce Brosnan nor Clooney, and was about sixty. It was very easy to tar him with Harvey Weinstein* equivalence.

*already I have voiced my concern that HW never received due process, just like putative victims never received due process.

Dont reciprocate with the sixty yo and ask for a reference for a US greencard or agent invitation. Maintain complete professionalism. Now I can rebut this to save you the time, like Neil Armfield said, the rehearsal space with inevitably have some flirtation in the air, it is a process of exploring. There. The problem is the solipsism, the American liberal media trying HW in the public court, and this influencing everything that has gone on before. If Rush was such a sleaze, why did actors seek his imprimatur and reference for their career. If he is such a sleaze, why does his reference mean a lick? This is all tied to Weinstein revisionism.

I would hate to be a male in this me to generation.....

Why? Any young male today is learning some very useful information on what sexual harassment and assault are. Meanwhile their grandfathers can't do anything but quietly run out the clock and hope nobody calls attention to their past behaviour.

my edit for @MC Bad Genius
Yet I know women who think differently that what is the current Zeitgeist menSCARE norm,
and I have personally heard, "I wish that guy wouldn’t look at me like he is undressing me".

Like seriously, the poor bastard was merely addressing her in a meeting, and not undressing her with his eyes.

I just think, some people, both men and women, can and do, view abuse differently to the zeitgeist hysteria.​

I'm assuming it's just the Bigfooty app screwing with your grammar/spelling, but I really don't know what you're trying to say here.
FTFY mcBG

Why? Any young male today is learning some very useful information on what sexual harassment and assault are.

absolute bullshit. Anyone with adequate parenting knows the expectation of good behaviour.

Now, after issuing that rebuttal, ... a concurrent position: like the fake QC, former Senator George Brandis and Attorney General and budding librarian... we live in a liberal society so we are provided certain freedoms. One such freedom, is the freedom to comport oneself with such bad behaviour. And utter offensive speech. This I can defend. It is up to me to set my personal mores and limits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, so climate change was not a significant issue for the average person as little as six years ago.
half ambiguous, my first thought is you are inverting it, and saying it has been an issue for over a dozen(20?) years for the public (re:critical mass). I agree, that is why Rudd said it was the moral concern of our times, because he considered the polis to be with him when it came time at the poll-booth.

i wish to reiterate:
criminal behaviour is criminal behaviour
-sexual assault and sexual harassment has always existed as crimes and misdemeanours, albeit, it is prosecuted in minor proportion to actual complaints. This does not neutralise validity of the English criminal system, I merely recognise the flaws for victims.
-arts industry is notoriously louche, this is underwritten by both sexes equally /no value judgement exists on my part.
there must be a proportional and contemporaneous arbitration that provides both parties with fairness and due process. Scandal media to the world's media consumption, is high gauge overreach and skapegoats on this proportionality measure.

-my concern lies with an irreconcilable received accent versus lascivious libido of a sexagenarian[sic] when their opposite is in her mid-twenties.* This appears a common specious front of all thespians. Mirror* heal thyself [sic]

*caveat: I consumed available scuttlebutt that I seek to undermine.

A brilliant actor and a top bloke (met him briefly many years ago). Couldn't care less what he does in his private life
Do you have a wife/daughter/granddaughter? I know if it was mine in that situation I'd want to knock his block off.

Unless you are a woman and been in such a lopsided power situation it would be almost impossible to put yourself in her shoes and comment from a position of knowledge on what she should have said or done.

Do you have a wife/daughter/granddaughter?
#fallacy

why does this need to be rolled out? A single white male is capable of understanding societal expectations and law (criminality). Been that way for a century, a sentient person questions this fallacy, and questions why would you assert taking back the night? we have had a criminal code and expectations of behaviour for everyone for well over a fricken century. Humans will commit crime. One of the sexes who will be a victim will be female. The other subset of victims of crime will be male. #*'s sake. I wont pay for d!ckhead males who commit d!ckhead crimes against women. Why should I pay for others crimes? This assertion is illiberal. There are other societies with illiberal criminal codes but I am not choosing to live there.

what you are looking at is:
the confluence of i)moral scare ii)HRC v Trump and Trump's words iii)Harvey W (Woody Allen) iv)Hollwood louche* mores v)solipsism vi)Victorian morality* redux vii)echo chamber media viii)dying fourth estate febrile emotive clickbait iix)'liberal' Beltway papers/journals-of-record broadsheets self-selective demographic written-copy editorials ix)Tinder sex on tap x)Washington Title8 legislation + policy in Seppo country xi) misandry(patriarchy?) and trying to wedge the sexes xii) > xii+ plus other material factors I cannot put a finger to right now.
major one; underwritten by solipsism, which is the writ-large fallacy

one cannot criminalise criminality. Neoplasm is paradox. It exists that crime is illegal and have according punishment with an according aim of deterrence. Cannot prevent men committing crime. Men, I am sorry to say to you jason pm , men will commit crime against the other sex also. That is part of the subset of said criminal behaviour.

*not contradicting my position, louche v Victorian morality, Western late twentieth century morality hit a balanced positive sweetspot of sexual freedoms. I put this entire zeitgeist arising to his apogee because Trump got 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

What do you reckon Jane? GuruJane

here is some HRC for KissStephanie

51R6wZHoCQL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
#fallacy

why does this need to be rolled out? A single white male is capable of understanding societal expectations and law (criminality). Been that way for a century, a sentient person questions this fallacy, and questions why would you assert taking back the night? we have had a criminal code and expectations of behaviour for everyone for well over a fricken century. Humans will commit crime. One of the sexes who will be a victim will be female. The other subset of victims of crime will be male. #*'s sake. I wont pay for d!ckhead males who commit d!ckhead crimes against women. Why should I pay for others crimes? This assertion is illiberal. There are other societies with illiberal criminal codes but I am not choosing to live there.

what you are looking at is:
the confluence of i)moral scare ii)HRC v Trump and Trump's words iii)Harvey W (Woody Allen) iv)Hollwood louche* mores v)solipsism vi)Victorian morality* redux vii)echo chamber media viii)dying fourth estate febrile emotive clickbait iix)'liberal' Beltway papers/journals-of-record broadsheets self-selective demographic written-copy editorials ix)Tinder sex on tap x)Washington Title8 legislation + policy in Seppo country xi) misandry(patriarchy?) and trying to wedge the sexes xii) > xii+ plus other material factors I cannot put a finger to right now.

one cannot criminalise criminality. Neoplasm is paradox. It exists that crime is illegal and have according punishment with an according aim of deterrence. Cannot prevent men committing crime. Men, I am sorry to say to you jason pm , men will commit crime against the other sex also. That is part of the subset of said criminal behaviour.

*not contradicting my position, louche v Victorian morality, Western late twentieth century morality hit a balanced positive sweetspot of sexual freedoms. I put this entire zeitgeist arising to his apogee because Trump got 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

What do you reckon Jane? GuruJane

here is some HRC for KissStephanie

51R6wZHoCQL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thanks for the detailed reply. My postulation was that to truly understand a situation like the one being discussed you have to experience it for yourself which for me (an old separated white male) is impossible. I have zero problem with discussion on it or any subject, my reply was merely part of said discussion, hell I comment on a lot of stuff I have never experienced.

#empathy

Thanks for the detailed reply. My postulation was that to truly understand a situation like the one being discussed you have to experience it for yourself which for me (an old separated white male) is impossible. I have zero problem with discussion on it or any subject, my reply was merely part of said discussion, hell I comment on a lot of stuff I have never experienced.

#empathy
the problem with individual apportioned empathy, is the said perpetrators require due process and contemporaneous critique in the appropriate arbitration forum. We don't have that. We have a weaponized media trial using all the tabloids at Murdoch's disposal, where he tries to mine the last penny from his fourth estate.

An element of what I have elucidated, is the quandary: there is NO neat solution. Can Yael Stone find a neat just resolution. I doubt she can, and she herself made this point. There is no recourse to being hit-on. Women would need to right this disparity and make a distribution of women tigers like Angelina Jolie which/who/feminine distribution took the reins in pursuit of male partners. (ofcourse this happens now, albeit, on this Victorian distribution from heterosexual ranks). But there is little one can do but laugh if a man looks to flash his penis at you. It is risible. If one says laughter then invites a physical retaliation, that in itself, is an illegal act, in follow up to dropping one's drawers in front of someone, so you have racked up two, count them, 2, potential illegal acts. One which is greater than a misdemeanour, and should see you locked up. Whether male or female as victim. If we seek aspiration to Victorian morality, we wont have women flirt with potential suitor, nor an elder, senior, male squire, but this has occurred, one can easily prevent the ratcheting tension at higher strata, by never flirting to begin with. For legit true Victorian era stuff, you can require a chaperone for supervision, but then one responds, like Neil Armfield did, there is a necessary air of flirtation in rehearsal room for exposition, to play-out the characters.

What the zeitgeist seeks to change is the disparity in power. And the older males holding all the cards at their disposal. They fail to recognise, part of the equation is time and experience and the rise(ing) through the ranks to the top echelons. And this has disproportionally been men rising through the ranks because that is how society comported itself.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
that is Yeats and not Hanna Gadsby.

There are traits to those who hold the upper echelons of industries, common to both men and women, and undergraduate psychology students would have no doubt come across this distribution. People behave in ways that are not acceptable in polite society. This is not an apologia, I am asserting that being human is not a neat etiquette school at Wesley or MLC. There are all dints and corruptions in our make-up. We have a criminal code which seeks to rein in and deter our worst excesses.

We have also seen campaigning in the media with non-profit charities, charity is the new feel good drug. Danny Green does a punch campaign, which I find quite absurd and lacking in self awareness. Ofcourse, boxing gyms and training centres speak of the discipline taught in training and boxing education, just like martial arts. My point, lots of folks are getting-off on this charity boondoggle, making themselves feel good. Apart from the IPA and Chris Berg no one seeks to defend liberty. We have unparalleled freedom from time yore, but now we are reining this in. I posit, that a comfortable life in the West in a modern city like Melbourne or Sydney, has contrived its own simulacra tension, with a little help from the Beltway states in y'America[sic].

guess what, below is men being violent, but exercising freedom to act in any way, extreme or other. A growing city with myriad other epidemiological* inputs; tiffs occur.
https://dailyreview.com.au/bernard-keane-sydneys-lockout-laws-are-based-on-lies/37453/
https://www.crikey.com.au/2014/01/2...faxs-shameless-campaign-of-misrepresentation/

If men can't get laid because of their aesthetic endowment nor their charisma, they will resort to other means. If this same psychological predisposition women also don't have their putative talents recognised, they will also resort to alternative means for acclaim. We are all one, in this human experiment, and this phenomenon will live and die on its validity, as judged through the lens of history. how pretentious and navel-gazing does that sound? <very>

dubious and questionable and seemingly misunderstood.. I can't equate what I know of the actor with what I see In the media..

I thought I met him once and and it was a silly thing..

but it doesn't have anything to do with this..

the point is that I know that everyone;s version of the truth is different.. everyone thinks that something was wrong and it wasn't
and then again that things happen that someone thinks that it is shameful...

don't know quite what to think and nor do I look to put a noose around someone..

This year's field

7/4 African gangs
3/1 Eryn Norvill
4/1 Waleed Ali
7/1 Roz Ward
12/1 Xi Jinping
25/1 Neil Prakash
33/1 the rest

Regardless of the truth or otherwise of the allegations, it appears to have been an unfortunate decision by Rush to take this to court. It suppose he saw it as necessary to retrieve his reputation. Not sure that was ever going to happen, no matter the case's outcome.

I agree with the general thrust of blackcat, whom I interpret as having issues with trial by media, when in so many of such cases, no conviction of wrongdoing has been recorded.

Regardless of the truth or otherwise of the allegations, it appears to have been an unfortunate decision by Rush to take this to court. It suppose he saw it as necessary to retrieve his reputation. Not sure that was ever going to happen, no matter the case's outcome. I hope he didn't pay for the legal advice he received.

I agree with the general thrust of blackcat, whom I interpret as having issues with trial by media, when in so many of such cases, no conviction of wrongdoing has been recorded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back