Society/Culture Geoffrey Rush harassment allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, seems it doesn't apply to the actress. Somebody had to have whispered to the newspaper for it to contact the theatre's ED. Something not considered worthy of a formal complaint then developed into a full-blown assassination attempt.

She complained internally and has stated she was simply hoping for an apology.

This was between the paper and it’s sick quest to get the scoop and Rush.

She voiced her issues off the record and said she didn't want to make a formal complaint.

Yes, the newspaper acted out of malice (as was found against Fairfax with Chris Gayle). By their own admission, they were riding the coattails of the #metoo movement that was knocking down various male celebrities.

Australian of The Year - Geoffrey Rush

Who advises Gillard??
Seriously, is she this out of touch with the public?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...in-australia-day/story-fn7x8me2-1226253751080

No Geoffrey, these are not significant issues for the average person out there. They are for the elitist left of which you are a member of - but everybody else is too busy trying to make ends meet at the moment.

Every time this bloke speaks on national matters for the next 12 months will just be another nail in the coffin for Labor.
Climate change is a significant issue for the majority of lucid Australians.

Rush didn't want the trial either but he was obligated to defend himself.

People need to stop telling unverifiable stories to newspapers.

Most sexual assault cases come down to victim v defendant, ie. Her word against his. Therefore all risk being unverifiable.

Sexual assault is difficult to prove unless it has been filmed or there are eye witnesses.

Not only The Daily Telegraph, but the likes of Andrew Blot and the confirmed bachelor could well take note of the importance of journalistic rigour. Then again, one is a pseudo journalist and the other a third rate entertainer, so poorly researched, error ridden material coloured by personal attacks is what we've come to expect.

Natalie Hickey

The link between the theatre hierachy & the paper? The self interest of the insider who is that leak, the #metoo pile on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really liking Rush in the new Chernobyl mini series. Good actor. The accusations made by someone who seems infatuated with Rush seem exaggerated and a complete nothing burger.

My boiled down version of it is "I was so in awe of him I flirted a lot and then when he thought he could take it further I was upset, many years later thinking about it, #metoo ".

The accusations made by someone who seems infatuated with Rush seem exaggerated and a complete nothing burger.

My boiled down version of it is "I was so in awe of him I flirted a lot and then when he thought he could take it further I was upset, many years later thinking about it, #metoo ".

We got ourselves a Liberal voter!

No Winners. Im sure Rush valued his reputation more then 2.9 Million, Im sure the girl possibly felt uncomfortable and was pressured by journalists to spill the beans. Pretty sure she wont get much work again. Im sure the newspaper loves being called out for it's s**t journalism and having it cost them dearly.

Most sexual assault cases come down to victim v defendant, ie. Her word against his. Therefore all risk being unverifiable.

Sexual assault is difficult to prove unless it has been filmed or there are eye witnesses.

If it had been a reasonable expectation of the story being truthful it wouldnt have seen millions in penalties.

They blindly printed and didnt care because they thought they had a GOTCHA moment.

Maybe next time they will do that 2 independent verifiable sources of truth thing. And perhaps offer the target a reasonable opportunity to respond.

The complaint being made is news. What they ended up running wasnt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back