Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
Source; the age https://www.theage.com.au/national/...candal-blows-out-to-7-8m-20190718-p5289u.html

The full extent of the underpayment scandal has dwarfed initial estimates by Calombaris from April 2017, when his company Made Establishment announced that 162 workers had been underpaid $2.6 million because of "historically poor processes".

At the time, Mr Sali said he was "prepared for a few potholes in the books" when he first invested, but was unaware that hundreds of staff had been ripped off. Calombaris said he was devastated.

I guess this opens up a discussion regarding how this is a wide spread part of the industry, how George's devastation is most likely insincere and a discussion about penalty rates etc.

What's your thoughts?

Last edited:

Didn't he openly state that public holiday and weekend rates were bad for business and reduce profits?

Colour me surprised.

He wasn't lying...
Though it's no excuse.

Jason Akermanis gets sacked for writing a column that caused controversy (no financial loss to anyone except Aker). This guy rips off low paid workers for nearly $8 million, yet Masterchef support him, and he gets a fine he would consider loose change. Jail and an $8 million fine on top of repaying wages would have been more appropriate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back