George Christensen Yep Another Arseclown

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't our government just pass some ill thought out law to circumvent encryption? Good opportunity to see the law in action, I mean that's why the law was introduced to stop paedophiles and terrorists.

The law doesn't apply to MPs communications!

Strange how those US reports of an Australian politician being among 283 people arrested over a Filipino child sex trafficking ring earlier this year just seem to have disappeared in the wind.

That he outed himself is pretty bold imo and has shown at least a spine previously unseen in National Party MP's faced with these sort of accusations.

Oh my...

oh_my_george_takei.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Queensland MP George Christensen has identified himself as the government MP who came under federal police scrutiny for frequent travel to southeast Asia, but has dismissed the reports as part of a “disgusting smear campaign”.

Christensen’s statement, posted to Facebook on Saturday morning, came in response to media reports in recent days about blackmail concerns over an unnamed federal MP visiting seedy neighbourhoods overseas known for drugs and prostitution.

The AFP investigation was prompted by the discovery of large amounts of money being sent overseas by the MP, and a referral from a Labor MP, who received information of concern.

The federal police assessed the referral and determined no crimes had been committed under Australian law, but fears remained about the potential for the MP to be compromised. The police did not begin any formal investigation of the allegations.

Documents seen by Guardian Australia confirm the AFP conducted a security briefing for Christensen about his travel.

Christensen labelled the reports, which did not name him or the country he was visiting, as “highly defamatory” and part of a “disgusting smear campaign waged against me by my political opponents”.

“This whole matter is vile and defamatory, and impacts not only me, but my fiancée and my loyal staff who have been abused and threatened because of this putrid smear campaign,” the Nationals MP said.

The allegations to the AFP were vexatious and fake, made by a “senior Labor MP”, he said.

He also claimed to have been told the allegations were “mainly” spread by a former senior government MP and one of his former senior staff members. He did not identify either individual.

The Herald Sun reported on Saturday that the AFP investigation and inquiries by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade began “months” before the referral from the Labor MP.

In his Facebook post, Christensen said he had written confirmation from the AFP that it found there was “no evidence or other information to support the allegation, or establish criminal conduct”. Guardian Australia has seen this written confirmation.

He said the AFP did not at any stage interview him about any matter “criminal or otherwise”.

When asked about the matter last month, the AFP said it did not confirm or deny the identity of individuals it might be investigating.

Senior government officials, including Martin Parkinson, the head of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, were reportedly briefed about the concerns over Christensen’s travel.

Parkinson and the office of the prime minister, Scott Morrison, have been contacted for comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-at-smear-campaign-over-reports-on-asia-trips

He leaves Australia to pay women to * him. That's the best case scenario.

Will his passport be cancelled in line with new government crackdowns on those engaging in child sex tourism?

He leaves Australia to pay women to **** him. That's the best case scenario.

....or, he leaves Australia to visit the family of his Filippino wife and sends money to them frequently.

I know a few blokes who have married women from Asia, they all send money over to their wive's families on a monthly basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back