Draft Profile George Hampson

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Another Subiaco player , has played 4 games of WAFL footy including Saturdays Preliminary final against West Perth ,

Hampson seems to have come from nowhere , kicked 3 goals of Subi's 9 on Saturday and at over 6 feet is elusive and highly talented player and I would imagine be looked at in the National Draft . Another top performance in Saturdays WAFL GF against Claremont will tell more but ATM has outstanding skill looks special !

Recruiters will be on alert on Hampson but I have not heard of him neither commentators so Hampson could be a another excellent prospect , highly skilled .

Edit - Has had two knee reconstructions before 20 years of age , really a comeback and his first taste of WAFL footy after Amateurs

This bloke is class. Reads the ball in the air better than opponents, beautifully balanced, doesn't look overly robust but attacks the ball and the man with strength (and good sense). The two WAFL games I've seen him play (2011 Prelim and yesterday) he has been the difference . Might need to do more against non-West Perth opponents, but looks very promising.

Have watched this guy all year. Quality and full of class. Has had a knee recon on each knee at a young age but deserves a shot at the next level. Smart player, from what I hear is the fittest at the club with around a 16+ beep, does not miss on goal and good on either side of the body. Dominates for periods of time and plays tall for his size with great hands. At 186cm and 80kg could definately fit the mould of a half-forward/wing/inside midfield at the next level. Have you any knowledge of what clubs are interested?

Have watched this guy all year. Quality and full of class. Has had a knee recon on each knee at a young age but deserves a shot at the next level. Smart player, from what I hear is the fittest at the club with around a 16+ beep, does not miss on goal and good on either side of the body. Dominates for periods of time and plays tall for his size with great hands. At 186cm and 80kg could definately fit the mould of a half-forward/wing/inside midfield at the next level. Have you any knowledge of what clubs are interested?

Brad Hardie said that two Melbourne clubs are keen , thats all I heard anyway .

Very classy player who I think is worth a punt for an AFL list. I have watched him closely and he has footy smarts that you cant teach. However he needs consistency , thats the missing point at this stage, the raw talent is there for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back