Stealth bomber

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2000
Denver, Colorado
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GB Packers, STL Cards, PHI Flyers
News is not yet official; it's only just breaking now, but considering he's had inoperable cancer for months, it was probably inevitable.

A sad day for music.

T

The Hitman

If it is true, one of music's legendary artists has been lost. Often the forgotten Beatle behind John and Paul, this leaves half of arguably the greatest influence on modern music gone. :(

RIP George...

The Hitman

wow......what a shock!!!!!!!

thats terrible news

one of the greatest musicians of all time. He wrote my favourite beatles song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

RIP

Sydneyfan

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2000
Brisbanópolis
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S’roos, Brisbane Lions, N Syd Bears
Rest In Peace George

Very sad news I was just watching CNN and they had on the scrolling text at the bottom of the TV that he had died from cancer.

Brilliant musician and guitarist. A sad loss.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Yeah i just came on BF and posted a thread about it on the General Board because i thought his death was more than about the music....a great man. Im a Beatlemaniac so its all pretty depressing right now at my house...:(

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
RIP George.

Not HUGE Beatles fan - but there is no denying the massive influence he (and the Beatles) had on ALL popular music over the last thirty years.:(

Oct 17, 2000
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fitzroy
I posted on the General Talk board about this too.......... I am just very saddened by the news. George was FAR more talented than most people give him credit for, and above all else he was a superb human being, he had so much love and so much time for people............ always been a fave of mine, behind Paul.

George, thanks for all the memories and great music, and also for the lasting memories you have given to all my friends who had the honour of meeting you. You and your music will never be forgotten.

Back