Free Agency George Hewett [joins Carlton as a restricted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the old formula, the maximum age bonus was +12 for being 26. I don't think there was a way to get any more? If so, Hewett should get the same age bonus, and then it simply comes down to salary. If Hewett's is similar, we should get the same compo. If Hewett is higher, we might get band 3.
You've gotten band 4.

The fact Hewett and Chol get the same compensation should be cause to overhaul the system. Absolutely baffling decision.

If he is half as good as you say why hasn’t he re-signed? There’s not one source stating there’s any interest from either parties side about an extension. I looked before even making my initial post. I’m only interested in this because his family are friends of a friend. He should go back to SA.
Cap issues

Stephens too, but some journos seem to think he has already agreed to terms with Carlton.
This one was manufactured by the club in 2020. Back ended his deal so he qualified as RFA. With Mills, Warner & Rowbottom to go alongside Parker/Kennedy I think they see him as the one to make way, and if they can get value for him they are happy to free up the $$$ for the cash that our young brigade will soon be expecting.

so 2nd round or end of second round??

Something similar to what Richmond got for Brandon Ellis aka not much..

Freeing up valuable cap space is probably a minor win for the Swans, you are being punished for drafting and developing young and good players over the years somewhat tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun reporting this is a done deal (technically Swans have ability to match under RFA but wont).

4 years @ $450k. Start you magic 8 ball compo guesses.

He is 25 years old, getting a ~$1.8m-$2m deal. Could be anywhere from Band 2 to Band 4 depending on what way the wind blows.....

Is B Crouch the best comparison?

Herald Sun reporting this is a done deal (technically Swans have ability to match under RFA but wont).

4 years @ $450k. Start you magic 8 ball compo guesses.

He is 25 years old, getting a ~$1.8m-$2m deal. Could be anywhere from Band 2 to Band 4 depending on what way the wind blows.....

Is B Crouch the best comparison?

I suspect Band 3 myself, Crouch won a couple of B and Fs at the Crows and is on much bigger money at the Saints than what George will get at Carlton but who knows for sure ?

Upgrade on Dow, Setterfield and Kennedy, which is a good thing for the Blues.

Would suggest that at least one, probably two of these will not be on the list next year.

Not a tackling or clearance machine, zero goals zero behinds for the year...that's statistically difficult for a mid in 21 games.

Not as excited as some, but offers some continuity should Ed retire this year.

Not a tackling or clearance machine, zero goals zero behinds for the year...that's statistically difficult for a mid in 21 games.

He had 13 tackles in a final a few weeks ago. Some of our mids wouldn’t get that in a month.

Happy to pick him up for free.

Had to start the year in defense then when a few injuries to our mids happened he got moved back. Also does a lot of tagging

2nd in a B&F in 2019 as a full time mid. Some back issues in 2020 and seems to have been moved on since

Erm...Hewett himself had multiple months this year he didn't make 13 tackles.

I don't dislike the pick up, but will be a well paid battler.

450 K per season is hardly a well paid deal in the Grand scheme of things, thing we got bit of a bargain there tbh.

Absolutely a massive upgrade on Newnes at any rate.

I'm a bit disappointed, but willing to back the club in. Either way, if the Blues back him in as an inside midfielder, aside from the occasional game tagging (which he's also very ******* good at, he will be a great pick-up.

Will always give you manic pressure too. He had 37 pressure acts in the second game against GWS, but was something absurd like 35 in 3 quarters when the game was actually there to be won. I think Carlton fans will end up being very happy with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back