Senior 29. George Hewett

Remove this Banner Ad

Some additional viewing for what's to come 👍
1. Has a strong core/hips leading to a strong tackling technique and also allows him to win the contested ball

2. Has a very good kicking technique, with lace out passes and perfectly weighted kicks setting up his forwards for shots on goal

That disposal is 👌

Also don't listen to the crap Kane Cornes is talking about

No-one ever does.

Carlton is now the leading team with names paying homage to our Royal Family (I think). Edward, Charles, Harry and now George.
Who's missing?

No Andrew please. Awful bloke.

Some additional viewing for what's to come 👍
1. Has a strong core/hips leading to a strong tackling technique and also allows him to win the contested ball

2. Has a very good kicking technique, with lace out passes and perfectly weighted kicks setting up his forwards for shots on goal

I think I know why Cerra wanted to come to Carlton, he was sick of getting chased down by Hewett. :p

I know I am prone to OTT statements sometimes but I honestly think he will be our best 'moneyball' recruit since Heath Scotland.
Ticks all the attributes you want in a player, hard professional worker at training, hard and defensively minded and tackling machine on field, solid citizen off field too.

Absolutely delighted with his recruitment and perfectly comfortable with giving him a 4 year deal.

By George we have recruited a decent player here friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mac Andrew will likely go too high for us to get him in the draft. We do have a William though (Setterfield, or maybe Zac). We also now have a Lewis (not quite Louis, but hey...)

We could always pick up Archie Smith as a DFA too (not really)

Was interesting to hear commentators remark about how they never knew he was so good when he was up at Sydney, they did acknowledge that swans fans may agree. And most of us knew his value.

All the best to the guy, they've given him a role that suits him, so wish him all the best. He's really relishing the extra responsibility.

Not enough love for George

Season averages - Competition wide

1st Centre Clearances
8th Contested Possessions
9th Total Clearances
11th Disposals
21st Ground Ball Gets
23rd Inside 50s & Score Involvements
42nd Defensive Pressure Acts
51st Tackles & Pressure Acts

Putting together an outstanding season and certainly in the conversation for the AA Squad, sneaky chance for the final team

BTW: Ribs are in the weber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back