George Karl alleges PED use in NBA

Remove this Banner Ad

them all, the entire AFL list never failed a drug test besides that Footscray cheat Justin Charles. Zgope1

or those Collingwood players Lachie Keefe and the standup comic Josh Thomas
the standup comic part of this post was funny, it was comedy with layers.

Russ Westbrook would be where I'd start. That guy has inhuman athleticism and ridiculous durability. He's also putting up historic numbers

they are already doing it, so in effect, it becomes far safer. As it, it is pretty safe. Even bodybuiling. Lets say there have been three dozen bodybuilders die over the last 4 decades from roids and other PEDs. How many have used them, 400 thousand? those numbers are good in my perspective. A statistical regression and longitudinal study could give accurate numbers.

the only thing dangerous about steroid usage is the other s**t you get instead of steroids. As Ferrari said, its like orange juice - sure if you drink ALOT it will damage you but aside from that..

Considering the NFL and baseball are absolutely RIFE with steroid abuse i would be staggered if there isn't in NBA.

These guys are 6'10 +++ putting on muscle at that size is hard. very hard. 99% of people at that size are beanpoles yet in the NBA they are all built like brick shithouses.

So they get 3 tests per year for hgh
Two in and one out of season
So, what's this reasonable cause testing thing???

Karl is trying to sell a book. His ingredients are : 1part enough controversy, bring to simmer, 2part, add sprinkle off enough controversy to maintain the boil... go on the ESPN bookcircuit...

the tests don't work, WADA and nAmerican pro sport leagues, are a sham. They are called in the industry, IQ tests, you gotta be stupid to fail them.

There are enough ways to get around the tests...
1. most have high enough thresholds of the individual substances, where you can still take something, and stay below this threshold, yet still get the benefit of the substance.
2. for most substances, you can find something new coming out of BigPharma, or Russia, or China, that WADA have not yet got its hands on, to create a chemical signature, to test for. yes, most will still fall under the overarching provisions in the regulations... catchall provisions...
3. most drugs that will be used, can be used with an option that has a short half life, so before you piss out the metabolites for the tester, it is out of your system, or, it is in your system, but under the threshold. Remember Dane Swann's tweet about the 6am testing/tester "too smart, cant catch me"... well, too much of an idjit, basically admits to everyone that the AFL players are a bunch of pejorative dopers.

The system is not designed to punish the athletes and prosecute them, just like Wall Street in 2008. No one gets prosecuted, this should tell you everything... All you need to know about PEDs in sport, is look at the Tour de France top ten, in all the years over the last 3 decades, a cumulative individual finishers over these three decades, see how many have actually tested positive or been involved in drug rings. I am thinking a rule of thumb, I would come up, something like 65%. Do the same with the Olympic 100 metre finalists, the 8 individual finalists, over the last 27years and 8Olympics. I think it will be higher than the top10 generalclassification riders in the TdF. I would go at about 75%.

Now, if you tell me, a type A psychology, will compete on a not level playing field, when you know that PEDs can give you something like 20% power increase, FTP(functional threshold power)... and, something would be similar, albeit, with different metrics, in Track and Field, I doubt anyone has run under 10.1 seconds, clean as defined clean by WADA regulations...

then you need to ask yourself, is this a rule of thumb POV, and lens, an aperture into professional sport? Will swimming be the same at the Olympics? Even us, we are such fair sportsman, remember Pat Rafter, "sorry mate"? Other events in TnF? Other disciplines than just the overall classification riders at the TdF?

I could go on and on, but when you have followed sport and PEDs for as long as I have, and seen the transformation of athletes, it is pretty obvious...

Chameleon75 Zgope1

Yeah cat I get its a farce, I follow the threads.....
Heard years ago it was that players could only get tested a certain amount of times during the season, once that number had been reached that was it...so if a playoff player had his quota he was pretty much free reign to gear up during the finals

What I'm asking is what's this reasonable cause testing and how does it differ from the 3 a year

Lol 3 a year ffs
No palms getting greased there

Karl is trying to sell a book. His ingredients are : 1part enough controversy, bring to simmer, 2part, add sprinkle off enough controversy to maintain the boil... go on the ESPN bookcircuit...

the tests don't work, WADA and nAmerican pro sport leagues, are a sham. They are called in the industry, IQ tests, you gotta be stupid to fail them.

There are enough ways to get around the tests...
1. most have high enough thresholds of the individual substances, where you can still take something, and stay below this threshold, yet still get the benefit of the substance.
2. for most substances, you can find something new coming out of BigPharma, or Russia, or China, that WADA have not yet got its hands on, to create a chemical signature, to test for. yes, most will still fall under the overarching provisions in the regulations... catchall provisions...
3. most drugs that will be used, can be used with an option that has a short half life, so before you piss out the metabolites for the tester, it is out of your system, or, it is in your system, but under the threshold. Remember Dane Swann's tweet about the 6am testing/tester "too smart, cant catch me"... well, too much of an idjit, basically admits to everyone that the AFL players are a bunch of pejorative dopers.

The system is not designed to punish the athletes and prosecute them, just like Wall Street in 2008. No one gets prosecuted, this should tell you everything... All you need to know about PEDs in sport, is look at the Tour de France top ten, in all the years over the last 3 decades, a cumulative individual finishers over these three decades, see how many have actually tested positive or been involved in drug rings. I am thinking a rule of thumb, I would come up, something like 65%. Do the same with the Olympic 100 metre finalists, the 8 individual finalists, over the last 27years and 8Olympics. I think it will be higher than the top10 generalclassification riders in the TdF. I would go at about 75%.

Now, if you tell me, a type A psychology, will compete on a not level playing field, when you know that PEDs can give you something like 20% power increase, FTP(functional threshold power)... and, something would be similar, albeit, with different metrics, in Track and Field, I doubt anyone has run under 10.1 seconds, clean as defined clean by WADA regulations...

then you need to ask yourself, is this a rule of thumb POV, and lens, an aperture into professional sport? Will swimming be the same at the Olympics? Even us, we are such fair sportsman, remember Pat Rafter, "sorry mate"? Other events in TnF? Other disciplines than just the overall classification riders at the TdF?

I could go on and on, but when you have followed sport and PEDs for as long as I have, and seen the transformation of athletes, it is pretty obvious...

Chameleon75 Zgope1

here is the podium for the Tour de France over the past two decades. And Escatin/Kloeden/Julich have all been implicated too, so may as well put a cross by their name... and Pereiro too

and I did not pay enough attention, quelle surprise, it is only the 11 years of 96 thru 2006. Well, nothing has changed. It is merely, principles of Game Theory from John Nash, they just tweaked their anti-anti-doping rigour.

they are no different to the Essendon footballers and other AFL listed players, that is why I have empathy for Hird and the Essendon players and Jobe

510419d1352093947-lustige-bilder-videos-fotos-witze-hornoxe.com_picdump282_017.jpg

Zgope1 holllywood

Yeah cat I get its a farce, I follow the threads.....
Heard years ago it was that players could only get tested a certain amount of times during the season, once that number had been reached that was it...so if a playoff player had his quota he was pretty much free reign to gear up during the finals

What I'm asking is what's this reasonable cause testing and how does it differ from the 3 a year

Lol 3 a year ffs
No palms getting greased there
is reasonable cause, is this just propaganda, say, Barry Bonds personal trainer is busted with a bunch of roids, and receipts that he has for BB, but BB has three tests that year already, and the players association and Nike throw their hands up, and say, you cant test him, he has already had the three tests this year...

is this the "reasonable cause" provision for the MLB to enforce the fourth reasonable qua reason qua reasonable, qua reasonable cause test...

if it was the nba...

well, ask yourself this PoppedCorn what if the tests were a sham to begin with and BB was gonna pass that reasonable cause test anyway... even if the MLB enforced it... which they never would have requested it, to enforce it, it is only there for PR.

The only application, is if the story breaks L A R G E in the media, which it wont, and the MLB's hands are tied, that even with the strongarm strong strength of the MLB players association union, they would have to do something about it, to protect the brand. They have to cut off a limb, to save the body. like a gecko will shed its tail, to preserved itself

this one is better

tour_de_france_doping_riders.jpg

But Cadel is clean boys OK ? :p
only nibali froome and schleck, andy schleck that is, have escaped the lens of scandal, well, cadel has too. but he has had involvement with ferrari and his first manager was tony rominger, if that qualifies as 'escaped the lens..."

only a matter of time before froome and nibali are also exposed for using a motor, if they are never busted for failing the IQ anti-doping test

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back