Updated George Pell * Dead at 81yo

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
Please be careful what you post in this thread as there is a current suppression order on this case from the County Court in Victoria.

The Age is saying they are unable to report on a conviction that occurred on Tuesday this week in a high profile case in Victoria:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ted-huge-interest-online-20181212-p50lta.html

Apparently the court has granted a suppression order as they don’t want media coverage to prejudice another trail involving the same person due to take place early next year.

I could understand there being a suppression order on proceedings while the first trial was still in progress, but given this person has now been convicted by a jury it is hard to see why their name should be suppressed IMO.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Was about to post about this, if anyone can tell me who it is then I would appreciate a PM.

It's like the poor girl murdered in NZ, there is a suppression order over there apparently yet any kiwi interested in who the culprit was could google the victims name and his name would pop up.

Edit: never mind, found out who it was not very surprising. Makes the supression order even more ridiculous.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Please be careful what you post in this thread as there is a current suppression order on this case from the County Court in Victoria.

The Age is saying they are unable to report on a conviction that occurred on Tuesday this week in a high profile case in Victoria:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ted-huge-interest-online-20181212-p50lta.html

Apparently the court has granted a suppression order as they don’t want media coverage to prejudice another trail involving the same person due to take place early next year.

I could understand there being a suppression order on proceedings while the first trial was still in progress, but given this person has now been convicted by a jury it is hard to see why their name should be suppressed IMO.

On your last paragraph, the prosecution requested the order so not to compromise the second trial.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
It's who we think it is. Should be huge news but suppression and (unrelated) Royal Commission get in the way I guess.

Iworkthecircus

All Australian
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

question, what case is this ?

And Martha is my favourite instant respect to you

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
If you google who you think it might be, with the term suppression, convicted and guilty by Lord you'll find it.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Will the suppression order be lifted prior to sentencing? I mean, everyone will know who it is within a day.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Richmond has eight current Vice Patrons, prominent public figures from politics, law, business and other walks of life who lend their name to the club.

Former Fraser government minister and AFL commissioner Peter Nixon, Sir Andrew Grimwade, former CUB boss Pat Stone, businessman and club benefactor Garry Krauss, Judge John O’Shea, Bill Durham, former chief magistrate John “Darcy’’ Dugan and Pell are the current Vice Patrons.

Pell has been a Vice Patron since 1997.

The late former premier Lindsay Thompson, ex-federal treasurer the late Phillip Lynch and former governor Sir Brian Murray held the position in the past, as did former president and past player Neville Crowe, who died last year.

Taken from foxsports.com.au July 19 2017

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
God it's pellting down rain in Melbourne today

Because of that, I have been forced to stay inside so far today with nothing to do except read and listen to the radio. There was an interesting story broadcast on the ABC news this morning that said someone had been removed from the Pope's inner circle.

Crimewavex

Debutant
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
If anyone could be kind enough to PM the details/name it would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Judge Peter Kidd is out for blood relating to any breaches of a suppression order, from here on in - you post anything to do with the name, outcome and specific matters of the case, you will be taking a long holiday.

This wouldn't be as big a problem if Victoria had the option of judge-only trials. Herald Sun today page 5.

The Andrews Government is considering introducing judge-only trials. Attorney General Jill Hennessy has asked the justice department to look into the matter.

Definitely needs to be the option for it, not just in Victoria. Didn't take long at all to find out who it was via twitter, when it's not suppressed overseas & is still easily found who it involves, it makes minimal difference to even have the order in place. Seems it's more about not letting the media report on the crimes that could impact the case, not who it was as everyone already knows what he had done

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Because of that, I have been forced to stay inside so far today with nothing to do except read and listen to the radio. There was an interesting story broadcast on the ABC news this morning that said someone had been removed from the Pope's inner circle.
Well it was stinking hot in Perth today. Read in the paper that it was the hottest day since Feb 2017. Also read that person you're talking about still got to keep his high ranking financial job. Read Wiki as well.

Back