George R R Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time this gets bumped I just assume he died.
I'm starting to lean towards hope he dies. Then there may be a chance the books get finished by someone else even though he said that wasn't an option.

I'm starting to lean towards hope he dies. Then there may be a chance the books get finished by someone else even though he said that wasn't an option.

Morbid, but yeah. I used to think he'd be one of those unhealthy guys who just lives longer than you think. Plus I was optimistic the books wouldn't take this long. But now I am fully on board Team He'll Die First.

😑

There is one of those 'facebook memories' I always have pop up of me in like 2016 saying i'm hopeful that given the amount of chapters drafted and the leftovers from ADWD that Winds will come out before Season 7 starts.

I'm reminded of how naive I was every year since.

Just finished ADWD. Now I have to get in the queue with you poor souls.

Felt sorry for you reading through this thread. As hope faded with each passing year.

‘And now my wait begins’ - the winds watch.
Man, my watch has been 2 1/4 years already!

Another TV show for him to focus all his energy on will delay the release of the next book nicely.
I would have thought his disappointment with the awful way they ended the tv series would have got him moving to finish the series in a way it deserves.

I would have thought his disappointment with the awful way they ended the tv series would have got him moving to finish the series in a way it deserves.

Given he's basically written himself into a corner he's now seemingly desperately procrastinating to avoid addressing, GRRM's the last person to be criticising anyone else's efforts at a conclusion to the story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm never, ever again going to knowingly start an unfinished series. :(
I started Wheel Of Time in 2011 when there was still the last book to be written, and it was released in 2013 just as I got to it. How's that for living on the edge?

Just finished ADWD. Now I have to get in the queue with you poor souls.

Felt sorry for you reading through this thread. As hope faded with each passing year.

‘And now my wait begins’ - the winds watch.
Sigh.

About to hit 3 years since I finished the books. The fat fellow will likely expire before finishing the books.

Just give a good writer the cliffs and let them finish it.

Sigh.

About to hit 3 years since I finished the books. The fat fellow will likely expire before finishing the books.

The show brought a tonne of people to the books, but simultaneously ended hopes of them getting finished.

Sigh.

6gub7v.jpg

There is no way he finishes this series.

ZERO hope left to be honest.
He's dying before it's done. The only mystery is will we get Winds of Winter before he dies? I'm conflicted on whether that'd be a good thing. Obviously more of the story, but I think being one book away from an ending, when he dies, would be more frustrating then the current two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back