George R R Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I've enjoyed GoT and have been reading the books but have absolutely hit the wall. I'm really struggling with the tedium and can't face reading on. I'm somewhere half way through book 2.

Any light at the end of the tunnel? How can I get my mojo for reading this series back?

Can only keep trudging on, but if you're bogged down already maybe the series isn't for you. Book 3 is brilliant, but book 4 is a much bigger slog. I would try and get into book 3 at least but if you're not feeling it by then... well I don't know what you can do.

I've enjoyed GoT and have been reading the books but have absolutely hit the wall. I'm really struggling with the tedium and can't face reading on. I'm somewhere half way through book 2.

Any light at the end of the tunnel? How can I get my mojo for reading this series back?
I both got bogged down around halfway through book 2, but once I'd gotten through that I finished the whole series off in about 2 weeks.

I implore everyone to get onto ASOIAF forums. I've learnt so much from what some of the posters there have figured out, I can guarantee you will be gobsmacked with some of the finding regarding the Hound, and some secret identities and symbolism.

I implore everyone to get onto ASOIAF forums. I've learnt so much from what some of the posters there have figured out, I can guarantee you will be gobsmacked with some of the finding regarding the Hound, and some secret identities and symbolism.

I'd rather just read the books and find them out for myself

Like how he and Gregor, aka, 'The Mountain,' are brothers? I never would have realized without help from that forum. :D

Like how he and Gregor, aka, 'The Mountain,' are brothers? I never would have realized without help from that forum. :D

You're all missing out if you don' t go on it, I can tell you that much the things I learnt on it has made me enjoy the series that much more.

You're all missing out if you don' t go on it, I can tell you that much the things I learnt on it has made me enjoy the series that much more.

I was only pulling a leg. The site is great; informative and fun.

I just finished reading the Dunk & Egg tales, and I never would have guessed Dunk was lying about his knighthood until I read a thread on that forum.

BTW, the Dunk & Egg tales are amazing.

I was only pulling a leg. The site is great; informative and fun.

I just finished reading the Dunk & Egg tales, and I never would have guessed Dunk was lying about his knighthood until I read a thread on that forum.

BTW, the Dunk & Egg tales are amazing.

Have you read the graphic novels? It's only Hedge Knight 1+2 so far, but they're definately worth a read>

Also, I'd anything you read on that forum with a grain of salt. :D

Have you read the graphic novels? It's only Hedge Knight 1+2 so far, but they're definately worth a read>

Also, I'd anything you read on that forum with a grain of salt. :D

Yeah for sure, there's some things I didn't pick up which has been pointed out i.e. the possibility of Sandor being alive as "The Gravedigger" at the sept Brienne and Podrick went through, as well a Manderly feeding the one of the Frey's his own kin in a pie.

Yeah for sure, there's some things I didn't pick up which has been pointed out i.e. the possibility of Sandor being alive as "The Gravedigger" at the sept Brienne and Podrick went through, as well a Manderly feeding the one of the Frey's his own kin in a pie.

I'm not too sure about theories about tiny details that an author is going to find difficult to recall such as "remember that one guy that showed up for a sentence 3 books ago...that was him!" but a lot of them stack up. I haven't read the gravedigger one not sure about that but the Frey pies is an awesome tidbit that seems to have a lot of evidence behind.
The major one I missed was the whole Sam at Hightower meeting a bloke who was probably Jaqen Hagar.

I'm not too sure about theories about tiny details that an author is going to find difficult to recall such as "remember that one guy that showed up for a sentence 3 books ago...that was him!" but a lot of them stack up. I haven't read the gravedigger one not sure about that but the Frey pies is an awesome tidbit that seems to have a lot of evidence behind.
The major one I missed was the whole Sam at Hightower meeting a bloke who was probably Jaqen Hagar.

Not to mention one of the sand snakes.

The Sphinx is the riddle, not the riddler. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep agreed with this. Went over there after I finished some of the books and was amazed at some of the things I had overlooked, possible future plots, motives for certain events happening etc. Good to see how other's interpret things.

Yep agreed with this. Went over there after I finished some of the books and was amazed at some of the things I had overlooked, possible future plots, motives for certain events happening etc. Good to see how other's interpret things.

Yeah I'm gonna put up a link of a thread called "Compendium of ASOIAF theories". Has all the theories and prediction in there.

Yeah I'm gonna put up a link of a thread called "Compendium of ASOIAF theories". Has all the theories and prediction in there.

I'm currently reading the Wheel of time series (after I finished the last GoT book) but definitely will check out that thread - really interesting to see what other readers think/interpret from the books.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back