George R R Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

There is some good news, in December there's an anthology called Dangerous Women, edited by Martin, which includes a story called "The Princess and the Queen, or, The Black and the Greens" a historical tale of the Targaryen civil war.

Hmmm, so have to keep a look out for more hints that Aegon is a Blackfyre.

I read the story, I believe the story will also appear in a "The World of Ice and Fire" book written as a history of Westeros from a perspective from a maester. It's written mostly by the creators of Westeros.org who Martin uses as his go-to guys for any questions on the world. However GRRM has written a fair bit of new stuff for it as well.

It's in a different style being a historical recount, not someone's POV. It's good reading something from the era where dragons were still alive. I don't think I got many tidbits that could impact the main series. But I'm not that clever.

It's in a different style being a historical recount, not someone's POV. It's good reading something from the era where dragons were still alive. I don't think I got many tidbits that could impact the main series. But I'm not that clever.

Agree, it's a good read, a bit unexpected to see it written in the third person.

By story's end, a couple of dragons and a dragonseed remain unaccounted for. They might yet find their way into ASOIAF, just as Bloodraven surfaced after first appearing in the Dunk and Egg series.

It's this one as far as I know.

Every time someone posts in this thread, I get my hopes up that the release date for Winds of Winter has been announced and they've come here to spread the good news :p
I conversely panic that GRRM is dead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have read up to King Jaeherys (spelling?) - as much as I'd prefer him to be knocking off TWOW, the level of detail they've gone into is pretty awesome.
There are a couple of minor time line errors but nothing major.

Definitely needs to get writing on the winds

I may read the Dunk and Egg books in the meantime

So rumour is that Aegon Targaryen Blackfyre has been cut from the next season?

Looks like the tv show is going in it's own direction
Well that's ******* ridiculous if true.

What was the point if showing Varys and illyrio under the red keep then.

I will absolutely be furious if they change a key aspect like Aegon being in the show

Where'd you see this Reap?

Just finished reading my copy of World of Ice and Fire so went to the westeros.org forums for a bit of a read and they're speculating about it there.

Well that's ******* ridiculous if true.

What was the point if showing Varys and illyrio under the red keep then.

I will absolutely be furious if they change a key aspect like Aegon being in the show

Agreed.

Also seems that Arianne Martell was cut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back