Religion George Zimmerman: "I'm Truly Sorry" But It Was "God's Plan" For Trayvon Martin To Die

Remove this Banner Ad

Dubya weren't no catholic though, so the pope would just be another head yabbering away to him. Too much jaw jaw and not nearly enough war war.

I think the only catholic prez in U.S history was Johnny Kennedy.

Apparently a lone gunman named Oswald got JFK from a fair distance away using a cheap gun and a party bullet. Lee didn't get much of a chance in court though, because a fat man named Jack Rubenstein shot him in front of the media, and whilst handcuffed and held by police officers.

When Abbott was questioned as to why he supported the Iraq invasion, when the Pope announced that the war should cease, Lovely Tony said that his political views are sometimes separate from his personal principles and religious faith

How wonderful

I believe the jury was hand picked with no 'black American' amongst them.
Slam dunk for the murdering sly ball Zimmerman. Thankyamotherfortherabbits!

As mentioned previously by another poster, this issue should be more about guns not race.
USA fail again!! Black America should wake up and realize they can shape up the USA right here, right now!!!
Next generation ain't gonna learn diddly with this. Guns are replacing wives & canines as the man's best friend it seems. Soooooo grateful the Howard Govt made a stand with gun reforms yet penalties should include DEATH ROW!!
Too much tax payers $$$$$ wasted on d**** heads. ie: Legal aid laws need to be changed!! Drug addicts, murderers and phedophiles don't merit tax payers funding. Common sense has to sink in one day.

Only two of the juriers were white
One was black or "possible Hispanic" meaning the remaining 3 were from other racial demographics.

You bleat on about this not being about race then constantly reference "black" America being the solution to Americans gun culture, most ironic as gun ownership particularly unregistered firearm ownership is higher in predominantly black neighbourhoods.

Yanks love of guns transcends racial boundarys.

Then you bleat about the death penalty and legal aid, not being used to represent people based on past offences? The first may find an innocent man executed before New evidence is found the second prohibits the person from getting a fair trial in the first place.

I believe the jury was hand picked with no 'black American' amongst them.
Slam dunk for the murdering sly ball Zimmerman. Thankyamotherfortherabbits!

As mentioned previously by another poster, this issue should be more about guns not race.
USA fail again!! Black America should wake up and realize they can shape up the USA right here, right now!!!
Next generation ain't gonna learn diddly with this. Guns are replacing wives & canines as the man's best friend it seems. Soooooo grateful the Howard Govt made a stand with gun reforms yet penalties should include DEATH ROW!!
Too much tax payers $$$$$ wasted on d**** heads. ie: Legal aid laws need to be changed!! Drug addicts, murderers and phedophiles don't merit tax payers funding. Common sense has to sink in one day.
lol... Guns murder people! Murder those that have them!

Only two of the juriers were white
One was black or "possible Hispanic" meaning the remaining 3 were from other racial demographics.

You bleat on about this not being about race then constantly reference "black" America being the solution to Americans gun culture, most ironic as gun ownership particularly unregistered firearm ownership is higher in predominantly black neighbourhoods.

Yanks love of guns transcends racial boundarys.

Then you bleat about the death penalty and legal aid, not being used to represent people based on past offences? The first may find an innocent man executed before New evidence is found the second prohibits the person from getting a fair trial in the first place.

None were black apparently SB. If you re-read my post... this is where I made mention that Black america can turn this issue on it's head if you wanted me to s.p.e.l.l. it out for you but unfortunately they're more hellbent to playing the trite and jaded race card. Show me (links!!) the facts to 'unregistered guns' being owned by predominately black neighbourhoods in the USA.. not buying that.

As for Legal Aid/ death penalty... how many chances / breaks/ grants do you want criminals/felons to have? Common sense can depict a bad seed (READ: repeat offender) . Why have the repeated felons not kept outta trouble after their first conviction??

Still want to be a cheerleader for their questionable character? o_O

Staggering that Obama is demeaning the position of POTUS and flaming ethnic tensions.

Imagine if David Cameron on the (far more widespread) issue of Muslim gangs grooming/ raping white girls in the UK, "it could have been my daughter". Even though they have been found guilty (an ever so slight difference) he would have been torn to shreds by all and sundry for being "divisive". Ditto Australian pm at time of Bilal Skaf.

Yet Obama gets a pass. Pathetic stuff.

Black America should wake up and realize they can shape up the USA right here, right now!!!

Who or what is Black America though?

There's an increasing number of educated black conservatives who are sick to the back teeth of the n*****s.

Who or what is Black America though?

There's an increasing number of educated black conservatives who are sick to the back teeth of the n*****s.

All for pressing the issue that 'Guns' is the difference between life & death. Restricting guns from certain security officers should be a mandate as should be the fact that having two security officers patrol instead of going solo.

Educated Black America (call them the conservatives) are indeed the ones to make this 'Gun reform' happen. Surely Obama should look at this as the 'GREAT opportunity' for all america.

btw.. having watched a bunch of clips of the Zimmerman case.. clearly the 'jury' system has failed on this occasion. Zimmerman just got away with murder.

All for pressing the issue that 'Guns' is the difference between life & death. Restricting guns from certain security officers should a mandate as should be the fact that having two security officers patrol instead of going solo.

I always find these types of discussions some what pointless when we discuss it with an "Australian" mentality.

I get why guns are so entrenched in their culture and very little will ever change. Even if I see so much stupidity about it.

Educated Black America (call them the conservatives) are indeed the ones to make this 'Gun reform' happen. Surely Obama should look at this as the 'GREAT opportunity' for all america.

They are only a minority in the US. Change will only ever come as a state by state change imo.

States with Extremely High Populations of Gun Owners(more than 50%)
  • 1. Wyoming - 59.7%
  • 2. Alaska - 57.8%
  • 3. Montana - 57.7%
  • 4. South Dakota - 56.6%
  • 5. West Virginia - 55.4%
  • 6. Mississippi - 55.3%
  • 6. Idaho - 55.3%
  • 6. Arkansas - 55.3%
  • 9. Alabama - 51.7%
  • 10. North Dakota - 50.7%
States with High Populations of Gun Owners
  • 11. Kentucky - 47.7%
  • 12. Wisconsin - 44.4% (Battleground state. See Wisconsin in 2012 Elections.)
  • 13. Louisiana - 44.1%
  • 14. Utah - 43.9%
  • 14. Tennessee - 43.9%
  • 16. Oklahoma - 42.9%
  • 16. Iowa - 42.9% (Battleground state. See Iowa in 2012 Elections.)
  • 18. South Carolina - 42.3%
  • 19. Kansas - 42.1%
  • 20. Vermont - 42.0%
  • 21. Missouri - 41.7% (Battleground state. See Missouri in 2012 Elections.)
  • 21. Minnesota - 41.7%
  • 23. North Carolina - 41.3% (Battleground state. See North Carolina in 2012 Elections.)
  • 24. Maine - 40.5%
  • 25. Georgia - 40.3%
States with Median Populations of Gun Owners
States with Below Median Populations of Gun Owners
  • 40. Delaware - 25.5%
  • 41. Florida - 24.5% (Battleground state. See Florida in 2012 Elections.)
  • 42. California - 21.3%
  • 42. Maryland - 21.3%
  • 44. Illinois - 20.2%
  • 45. New York - 18%
  • 46. Connecticut - 16.7%
  • 47. Rhode Island - 12.8%
  • 48. Massachusetts - 12.6%
  • 49. New Jersey - 12.3%
  • 50. Hawaii - 6.7%

You might get a bill passed in Hawaii or a few of the New England states but not most of the others.

btw.. having watched a bunch of clips of the Zimmerman case.. clearly the 'jury' system has failed on this occasion. Zimmerman just got away with murder.

One punch from Martin could have killed Zimmerman, such is the vagaries of fighting.

Good post / reply GP. I understand that you already know I'm taking it from an Australian mentality but I can BET ME LIFE that 'MASS GUN SHOOTINGS' in the USA will continue if nothing is done. It's a staggering amount of percentage state by state when our very own country has a 4% of registered gun ownership. It's gonna take constant effort by the US Govt to change their gun culture. How many have to die before the penny drops? I'm sure there are gun owners effected from the recent school shooting who have sold / given up their guns. Even if the statistics tell us that mass gun carnage isn't an issue Down Under before & after the PA MB tragedy.. but I'm not naive to think that there are guns out there unregistered. In the USA, if you have an unregistered / (without a license) weapon, you get arrested as far as I know... which is possibly something than nothing. Question is: why are these registered gun owners needing a gun if they are not hunters??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post / reply GP. I understand that you already know I'm taking it from an Australian mentality but I can BET ME LIFE that 'MASS GUN SHOOTINGS' in the USA will continue if nothing is done. It's a staggering amount of percentage state by state when our very own country has a 4% of registered gun ownership. It's gonna take constant effort by the US Govt to change their gun culture. How many have to die before the penny drops? I'm sure there are gun owners effected from the recent school shooting who have sold / given up their guns. Even if the statistics tell us that mass gun carnage isn't an issue Down Under before & after the PA MB tragedy.. but I'm not naive to think that there are guns out there unregistered. In the USA, if you have an unregistered / (without a license) weapon, you get arrested as far as I know... which is possibly something than nothing. Question is: why are these registered gun owners needing a gun if they are not hunters??
Self defence is a legitimate reason to own a gun.

Question is: why are these registered gun owners needing a gun if they are not hunters??

Looking at the highest % wise of states for gun ownership quite a few are states with a long hunting history.

It's not just hunting that's very big over there though, gun clubs are also quite popular. They use gun ranges like we use golfing ranges.

This chart gives an interesting cross reference to gun deaths vs % of ownership.

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/usa/wyoming-firearms-death-rate

A state like South Dakota with a very large gun ownership is quite low on the second chart compared to a state like Florida who while in the lower percentile of gun ownership % is quite high on the deaths by gun.

There are no winners in the trial of George Zimmerman. The only question is whether the damage that has been done has been transient or irreparable.

Legally speaking, Zimmerman has won his freedom. But he can still be sued in a civil case, and he will probably never be safe to live his life in peace, as he could have before this case made him the focus of national attention and orchestrated hate.

More important than the fate of George Zimmerman, however, is the fate of the American justice system and of the public's faith in that system and in their country. People who have increasingly asked, during the lawlessness of the Obama administration, "Is this still America?" may feel some measure of relief.

But the very fact that this case was brought in the first place, in an absence of serious evidence — which became ever more painfully obvious as the prosecution strained to try to come up with anything worthy of a murder trial — will be of limited encouragement as to how long this will remain America.

The political perversion of the criminal justice system began early and at the top, with the President of the United States. Unlike other public officials who decline to comment on criminal cases that have not yet been tried in court, Barack Obama chose to say, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

It was a clever way to play the race card, as he had done before, when Professor Henry Louis Gates of Harvard was arrested.

But it did not stop there. After the local police in Florida found insufficient evidence to ask for Zimmerman to be prosecuted, the Obama administration sent Justice Department investigators to Sanford, Florida, and also used the taxpayers' money to finance local activists who agitated for Zimmerman to be arrested.

Political intervention did not end with the federal government. The city manager in Sanford intervened to prevent the usual police procedures from being followed.

When the question arose of identifying the voice of whoever was calling for help during the confrontation between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman, the normal police procedure would have been to let individuals hear the recording separately, rather than have a whole family hear it together.

If you want to get each individual's honest opinion, you don't want that opinion to be influenced by others who are present, much less allow a group to coordinate what they are going to say.

When the city manager took this out of the hands of the police, and had Trayvon Martin's family, plus Rachel Jeantel, all hear the recording together, that's politics, not law.

This was just one of the ways that this case looked like something out of "Alice in Wonderland." Both in the courtroom and in the media, educated and apparently intelligent people repeatedly said things that they seemed sincerely, and even fervently, to believe, but which were unprovable and often even unknowable.

In addition, the testimony of prosecution witness after prosecution witness undermined the prosecution's own case. Some critics faulted the prosecuting attorneys. But the prosecutors had to work with what they had — and they had no hard evidence that would back up a murder charge or even a manslaughter charge.

You don't send people to prison on the basis of what other people imagine, or on the basis of media sound bites like "shooting an unarmed child," when that "child" was beating him bloody.

The jury indicated, early on as their deliberations began, that they wanted to compare hard evidence, when they asked for a complete list of the testimony on both sides.

Once the issue boiled down to hard, provable facts, the prosecutors' loud histrionic assertions and sweeping innuendoes were just not going to cut it.

Nor was repeatedly calling Zimmerman a liar effective, especially when the prosecution misquoted what Zimmerman said, as an examination of the record would show.

The only real heroes in this trial were the jurors. They showed that this is still America — at least for now — despite politicians who try to cheapen or corrupt the law, as if this were some banana republic. Some are already calling for a federal indictment of George Zimmerman, after he has been acquitted.

Will this still be America then?

Killing someone =/= Murder.

Never actually intended it to say such.

I was referring to Zim Zim and how a security patrol person has the right to kill in order to protect himself against an unarmed person and it's just unbelievable that he has MA training.... o_O

If anything Manslaughter at least for Zim Zim.

Never actually intended it to say such.

I was referring to Zim Zim and how a security patrol person has the right to kill in order to protect himself against an unarmed person and it's just unbelievable that he has MA training.... o_O

If anything Manslaughter at least for Zim Zim.
Everyone has that right in America.

Everyone has that right in America.

true but you know that quoting part of the whole quote is just taking things completely out of context. It's no different to me quoting any of your 600 odd quotes of more than a bunch of words reply and making it seem less to what has been said. Media do it all the time just to sensationalise a story that lacks detail. Media persons with CREDIBILITY are far and few between as lies born from rumours and poor research is what really makes up much of what we read, even on BF.

Nah... =/= is a does not equal sign. (Well an attempt at one).

So, killing someone does not equal murder (It doesn't always equal murder anyway).

Especially if you call "fore" and they don't move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back