Georgia Senate runoff

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have a link to a good breakdown of the prospects of Biden’s legislative agenda, assuming the Democrats get the majority?

I was expecting Politico to have one, but if they do I can’t find it.

Nothing. Status quo, maybe just a slight slowing in the rush to sede power to corporations.

They will push for the gig economy law that got up in Cali to be implemented nationwide, for example.

Yeah the whole Maga promise by Trump was insular in its outcomes and pretty much gave China free reign in the regional vacumn that it created.
"Nah he was tough on China because tweets."

He turned a blind eye on HK and the Uygurs.

He gave Chinese leadership a massive pass on coronavirus early days until he reversed that.

And ditching TPP was the biggest kiss on the dick Beijing could have requested.

But nah his tweets.

I live in HK. I'm anti-CCP in a way you muppets only imagine. If you claim to be hawkish on China, Trump hasn't done anything.

Last edited:
Nothing. Status quo, maybe just a slight slowing in the rush to sede power to corporations.

They will push for the gig economy law that got up in Cali to be implemented nationwide, for example.
Minimum wage policy? Green energy? Immigration reform? Education reform? Trump tax cuts?

All big promises and I’m interested in seeing an analysis of how he might get the numbers in a Democratic senate.

Minimum wage policy? Green energy? Immigration reform? Education reform? Trump tax cuts?

All big promises and I’m interested in seeing an analysis of how he might get the numbers in a Democratic senate.
I agree. There are now no excuses for Biden.

The cynic in me suggests he might have preferred a narrow minority in the Senate. He could have claimed that everything needs to be modest enough for Romney or whoever to get on board. He no longer has that fail safe.

You won it all, Joe. Now what?

Reckon we wont be seeing a Republican president for a very long time. Ideally Biden stands down in 2023 and lets Harris take the reigns, she would still be eligable for two terms as she'd have served less than two years (doesnt count as a term according to the constitution). Can easily see her president for ten years.
About time those Republican dipsh*ts were neutered. It's a hypocritical, stupid party of politicians who sprout nothing but stupidity because they think they need to 'conserve' the America that is crumbling because of their policies.

What policies do you need 60 senate votes for?
I’m assuming anything requiring a filibuster-proof majority is out of reach

I’m more thinking about stuff requiring a bare majority (so budget measures and the like) - there is no guarantee that some of those measures will automatically gain the support of all 50 Democrats

I would like to see some analysis of which Democratic senators might be problematic on which policies and which Republicans might be amenable

it doesn’t sound like anyone here knows anything about that, though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m more thinking about stuff requiring a bare majority (so budget measures and the like) - there is no guarantee that some of those measures will automatically gain the support of all 50 Democrats

I would like to see some analysis of which Democratic senators might be problematic on which policies and which Republicans might be amenable

Joe Manchin is the most conservative of the Democrats. A good summary of his positions on wikipedia.

He might be in line for a bit of pork in the next 2 years...

Reading the fox news comments section has been enlightening over the past 3 months. 3 months ago it was probably 75 percent trump fans and 25 percent not. Then immediately adter the election it was more like 50-50. right now it would be less then 10 per cent trump fan boy And 90 percent trump haters.

Any examples, seems more pro Trump than ever

Yeah I mean I am sure they can get a fair few things through, but not literally anything.

If you watch Fox News, it’s the beginning of the apocalypse where a totalitarian communist regime will now take hold.

"Nah he was tough on China because tweets."

He turned a blind eye on HK and the Uygurs.

He gave Chinese leadership a massive pass on coronavirus early days until he reversed that.

And ditching TPP was the biggest kiss on the dick Beijing could have requested.

But nah his tweets.

I live in HK. I'm anti-CCP in a way you muppets only imagine. If you claim to be hawkish on China, Trump hasn't done anything.

Yep, flattered Trump and massaged his ego, then China do whatever they like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back