Unsolved Gerard Ross - Abducted Kent st Rockingham WA 1997

Remove this Banner Ad

Same Shellyg - I had not heard about the credible witness - who saw 2 men arguing and shoving a young boy into a car on the SAME STREET.

Snipped from The West today: G Ross - it is worth a read. I just can't type it all out. Surely someone can copy and paste it in here ?

Released info about P12 (who has no alibi) on the day Gerard went missing. 300m from where P12 stayed.

I dont have a copy of today's paper yet.

So Police are focusing on a "psychopathic killer"instead of the more traditional paedophile......Hamburger BOB is rolled out from his Hancock era infamy banging his gums as usual , and also features comment from the up and coming new WAPOL "golden boy " FlatHead "- fresh from his CSK triumph and promoted as well.......Blind Freddy can see who they are fixing to slap this one on right before a major upcoming event..2nd biggest investigation in WA history so they have been quietly swotting away at this for about two years....must be nearly ready to pounce..... nice timing.....hmmmmmmmmmm....

So Police are focusing on a "psychopathic killer"instead of the more traditional paedophile......Hamburger BOB is rolled out from his Hancock era infamy banging his gums as usual , and also features comment from the up and coming new WAPOL "golden boy " FlatHead "- fresh from his CSK triumph and promoted as well.......Blind Freddy can see who they are fixing to slap this one on right before a major upcoming event..2nd biggest investigation in WA history so they have been quietly swotting away at this for about two years....must be nearly ready to pounce..... nice timing.....hmmmmmmmmmm....
Blind freddy doesn't have to guess anymore and all you need is the drovers dog with the analysis to see who the blond haired man and the dark haired man was.

Message I got was that they're relying on analysis of old forensics with new techniques so any POI's old or new can be ruled in or out.

I find it interesting that what we've read about the CSK since BRE's arrest and alot of us are saying how could they not have joined the dots with all the evidence. When we have it spelled out it all seems so simple. But when looking at this case it is so hard to sometimes join dots and link POIs etc. This is so similar to Daniel Morcombe and that took 15 odd years to crack. I wish some more evidence was released as to what they have but understand why they don't. Very interesting the struggle that got reported

(paywalled again)

POLICE CHASING ACTIVE LEADS
Documentatry behind flurry of new tip-offs
18 Oct 2019 EXCLUSIVE KRISTIN SHORTEN

Police are investigating several "new active leads" after a flurry of calls to Crime Stoppers following the release of a groundbreaking documentary about the 1997 unsolved abduction and murder of schoolboy Gerard Ross.

More than 50 people have contacted police directly since The West Australian launched it new eight-part investigative documentary The Boy in the Blue Cap.

Special crime division boss Det. Supt Rod Wilde siad yesterday that his team had this been investigating "new active leads" in relation to the 22 year old cold case. " To have an additional 50 calls for a matter that the public already knows about is fantastic, he said. "It's a great response and result for us. It's certainly more information and calls than responses we've had to previous appeals for information .....

.....The cold case homicide squad is now making contact with everyone who has provided information since the documentary's launch at the week-end. "We'll be making contact with callers and investigating the information that they have provided, "Supt Wilde said. "The detectives will go and physically speak to the caller if they have provided their name. Some calls have been anonymous and that's fine. But certainly the ones who have left contact details, we'll make contact with them and ain a lot of cases physically go and visit them."

Supt Wilde said the information provided by a "number of callers has been useful" and that police could just be "one high quality lead" away from cracking the case.

"Gerrard's story only needs to be viewed by one right person to make a difference," he said.
" It only takes one high quality lead to result in a breakthrough"........

With the West Australian newspaper blowing it's trumpet today and trying to take credit for all the new leads as a result of it's documentary,
I'm surprised that Supt Wilde is not quoted as saying that it would be most useful to increase the chance of solving the case, if the West Australian new eight-part investigative documentary The Boy in the Blue Cap, was made available more widely, and not only available for subscribers that took out a minimum one months subscription to the West Australian newspaper (no free trial period available). That the West Australian newspaper could be to blame, if the one person with a high quality lead that might crack the case, that might make a difference, either

(a) can't afford or does not want to pay for a digital subscription to the West Australian.

(b) does not read the West Australian (possibly because they no longer live in Western Australian), and is not aware that the case is being re-investigated, or that a documentary series is available to watch online (for a price).

That this elusive one person that might make a difference, might be more likely to view the documentary series and/or read the West's paywalled online articles about the case if they were not paywalled, or there was free trial period for the subscription, and if the documentary was made freely available via other online channels, such as free to air Channel 7/ 7plus catchup TV (same owner as the West Australian), and on other more popular than the West sites, like Netflix that has a huge reach in Australia

March 19 2019

Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia

Kristin Shorten PerthNow
October 18, 2019 9:40PM

Blowflies and beetles found on the body of Gerard Ross indicated that the schoolboy’s body had been dumped in a pine forest within days of his death.

Watch now:

Don't think this is a sanctioned release Circus.

But it should be obvious to anyone paying attention that since the Golden State killer was charged a year ago on DNA testing and analysis, that if there is a motivated police force there should be some very nervous criminals around.

Sounds like “propensity” evidence
Could be used on this one

Re golden state will see if old delangalo makes it to trial

Sounds like “propensity” evidence
Could be used on this one

Re golden state will see if old delangalo makes it to trial
Don't know if it could be called "propensity" evidence but DNA can't be the only proof of guilt. It looks like the cold case cops are re investigating all evidence and old and new suspects.

If they have also used new DNA analysis on forensics to find and charge someone it will be part of the total investigation. If so, WA cops are far ahead of their SA counterparts in wanting cases solved.

Ole mate Denagelo was the first to be arrested using this method but the Canadian case of William Earl Talbolt has the first conviction using the same forensic genealogy analysis of DNA.

Last edited:
You should create a dot point on this case because logically what’s being reported doesn’t really make sense does it ?

Yes, agreed. I've been watching the series today and casting it from my chrome browser to the big screen TV.
Must admit that it well produced.
I also noticed an advert for a Today Tonight episode coming up upon the Nannup disappearances where a bunch of hackers is trying to find Simon Kadwell/ Gary Felton

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
That case has been resolved. Ask the State Government.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today's news..........

Crime
‘I know who did it’: Patient confessed to knowledge of what happened to Gerard Ross
PerthNow
October 24, 2019 6:30AM

Police are re-examining a chilling patient confession in relation to the 22-year unsolved murder of Gerard Ross.
Eleven-year-old Gerard vanished during a family holiday at Rockingham, south of Perth, in October 1997.
His body was found in the Karnup pine plantation, 20km away, two weeks later.
Now, as police follow up new leads sparked by The West Australian’s documentary series, The Boy in the Blue Cap: The Gerard Ross Story, more details have emerged.

According to a report in The West Australian, one of those comes from a nurse who says a patient at Fremantle Hospital’s emergency department told her, two decades ago, that he knew who killed the boy.
“It was the early hours of the morning,” Annette Fraser said.
“This chap just sat bolt upright and said ‘I know who did it’.
“I said ‘what are you talking about?’ and he said ‘I know who hurt that little boy’.”
No one has ever been charged over the baffling murder.

Who is prowling around at 9.30am in the morning !!! The murderer/s !!!

Today's news..........

Crime
‘I know who did it’: Patient confessed to knowledge of what happened to Gerard Ross
PerthNow
October 24, 2019 6:30AM

Police are re-examining a chilling patient confession in relation to the 22-year unsolved murder of Gerard Ross.
Eleven-year-old Gerard vanished during a family holiday at Rockingham, south of Perth, in October 1997.
His body was found in the Karnup pine plantation, 20km away, two weeks later.
Now, as police follow up new leads sparked by The West Australian’s documentary series, The Boy in the Blue Cap: The Gerard Ross Story, more details have emerged.

According to a report in The West Australian, one of those comes from a nurse who says a patient at Fremantle Hospital’s emergency department told her, two decades ago, that he knew who killed the boy.
“It was the early hours of the morning,” Annette Fraser said.
“This chap just sat bolt upright and said ‘I know who did it’.
“I said ‘what are you talking about?’ and he said ‘I know who hurt that little boy’.”
No one has ever been charged over the baffling murder.

Who is prowling around at 9.30am in the morning !!! The murderer/s !!!

The paper publishing the article 🤣

I think the suggestion was that he buried her there thinking since the police had combed the area so thoroughly after Gerard was found, nobody would expect another body? Dumb idea anyway.
Article says the police think that he put her there to fool them into thinking that she was a victim of a serial killer.

Also says that he lived in Huntingdale.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

This link will hopefully take you to the story of the man that dumped his wife's body nearby where Gerard Ross's body was located

https://www.pressreader.com/search?query=wife killer denies link to gerard ross&newspapers=9a63&start=2019-10-25&stop=2019-10-25&hideSimilar=1&type=3&state=4

The man's deceased wife's name is Chaulay Dang Buswell. Karrakatta have her record of death as 11 June 1998. That could possibly be the date her body had been located. The last known location where she was living is Lynwood. However in the article it details she used to live in Huntingdale. Reading further in the linked article it stated she was murdered on 8 June 1998. This guy is a gutless evil coward and is out walking the streets of Perth! The article contains a eye-redacted photograph.

aaaaa ... a google inquiry shows this coward's name is Terry John Buswell.
https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-sunday-times-9029/20150517/283111362567174

There are records on Ancestry.com that have a person of same name and also a jockey - on eroll - connected to Attadale in 1977 and previous years.

I note Buswell was a jockey. The man that discovered Gerard's remains (on the birthdate of Romuald Zak) was also a jockey.

I find it very interesting that the disposal site of Gerard Ross, the location of Julie Cutler's vehicle and the disposal site of Ciara Glennon are set on the same degree line with Gerard being at 171 degrees to Ciara or viceversa 351 and 91kms apart. The degree line literally goes over the top of Julie Cutler's vehicle discovery location at Cottesloe Beach.

This link will hopefully take you to the story of the man that dumped his wife's body nearby where Gerard Ross's body was located

https://www.pressreader.com/search?query=wife killer denies link to gerard ross&newspapers=9a63&start=2019-10-25&stop=2019-10-25&hideSimilar=1&type=3&state=4

The man's deceased wife's name is Chaulay Dang Buswell. Karrakatta have her record of death as 11 June 1998. That could possibly be the date her body had been located. The last known location where she was living is Lynwood. However in the article it details she used to live in Huntingdale. Reading further in the linked article it stated she was murdered on 8 June 1998. This guy is a gutless evil coward and is out walking the streets of Perth! The article contains a eye-redacted photograph.

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-sunday-times-9029/20150517/283111362567174

There are records on Ancestry.com that have a person of same name and also a jockey - on eroll - connected to Attadale in 1977 and previous years.

I note Buswell was a jockey. The man that discovered Gerard's remains (on the birthdate of Romuald Zak) was also a jockey.

I find it very interesting that the disposal site of Gerard Ross, the location of Julie Cutler's vehicle and the disposal site of Ciara Glennon are set on the same degree line with Gerard being at 171 degrees to Ciara or viceversa 351 and 91kms apart. The degree line literally goes over the top of Julie Cutler's vehicle discovery location at Cottesloe Beach.
And ......
Hot tip it’s a group thing ...

Has anyone heard how many days the Ross family were in their holiday accommodation at 105 Kent St before Gerard was abducted?

Had the Ross boys been to the comic shop previously?

Thanks for the information. It sound like too much of a co-incidence that this man goes to exactly the same place Gerard Ross was buried to bury his murdered wife, takes flowers that someone had put on Gerard's discovery site and says he didn't know? Or was Gerard's site talked about with the Jockeys.

However what you're saying about Gerard Ross site, Cottesloe beach where Julie Cutler's vehicle was discovered and Ciara's disposal site being on the same degree line doesn't make sense. Are you saying Julie Cutler's car and Ciara's discovery site are on the same line with Gerard at 171 degrees and 91 km apart?

Can you do a diagram to explain what you are saying?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back