Unsolved Gerard Ross - Abducted Kent st Rockingham WA 1997

Remove this Banner Ad

What appears to be a new development or revelation in this cold case today.

Detectives investigating Gerard Ross murder say pubic hair found on his sock and red-blonde hair on clothes could lead to killer

Welly well. Dismissed by investigators though as they matched mortuary gear.

"...... fibres could have been transferred onto Ms Glennon's jacket after it was thrown under a table onto the floor at the Continental Hotel in Claremont, where the young lawyer had been drinking with friends and work colleagues. Fibres could also have been transferred onto the jacket after one of Ms Glenon's friends retrieved it from the floor and wore it around his waist briefly before returning it to her, Mr Powell said....critical blue polyester fibres found on Ms Glennon would have to match fibres found at the hotel, which had not happened.....Ms Glennon's jacket has never been found, "
Had to read this twice, really should have added ' fibers from her jacket were then POSSIBLY transferred to the other items of clothing Ms Glennon was wearing."

Welly well. Dismissed by investigators though as they matched mortuary gear.

BRE was driving a Mazda 626, sparkly green from about 96 and/or a Telstra vehicle.

Also admits to having access to his parents cars in this period, one was a Fairlane and a MAROON hatchback type of car. A Rover or something, couldn't quite catch it.

Witness saw who she thought was Gerard, next to a burgundy car.

Just listing some coincidences that probably mean nothing.

anyone on here know much about victor urquhart or robbie wheeler? these two were arrested in 2005 and convicted over kidnapping a 14 year old boy on kelmscott. held him for 3 weeks before they were found and the boy reunited with his parents. they both would of been around 35 at the time GR went missing. the two were gay lovers, although im not sure when they met. the kelmscott victim was gagged, and handcuffed to a bed in a room. the pair then watched gay pr0n in front of him, had sex in front of him, and forced him to participate in some sexual acts under threats of violence. apparently there was a plan to murder the boy at the end. ive been trying to research if GR could have been the first victim of these two, but he fought back and ended up being killed.

ive read that GR body was found 2 weeks after his abduction, and that he had died soon after being taken. has there been any info on approximate time of death? would be interesting to see how long before he was killed. usually a kidnapped person has something the abductor wants, and the kidnapping is to effect the transfer of that item. (eg rape - transfer of pleasure from the victim, body organs - transfer of body parts to perpetrator, knowledge - transfer of that knowledge to the perpetrator or even the transfer of the promise to remain silent, etc.) The quicker GR was killed suggests the perpetrator(s) possibly didnt get transfer of what they wanted from GR because he fought back, or because the chance of discovery was high. so what did GR have that a kidnapper would of wanted?

money - unlikely. he was 11 years old, so not exactly at peak of earning potential. also his money was still found with his body

body parts - unlikely, as it hasn't been reported and body parts were missing

knowledge - possible but i dont think likely. it would need to be some pretty severe knowledge to warrant kidnapping let alone death. you dont kidnap someone and kill them because they were going to tell their parents you bought some weed from people they dont know. it would of had to of been knowledge of a major crime or similar to warrant that sort of reaction

connections - unlikely. GR wouldn't of been kidnapped/killed because he knew someone, or his family knew someone. he was on holiday in an area where no one knew him or his family. highly unlikely someone followed the family from Newman to rockingham for some mischief either. also mistaken identity would be unlikely. he was 11. what does an 11 year old do to warrant that sort of reaction?

rape - only possible scenario i can otherwise think of. however, most people in this sort of criminal endeavour dont usually kill their victim, they molest them, dump them and move on. from what ive read of the injuries it suggests some level of emotion on the part of the murderer. bashing someone to a pulp shows a severe hatred for that person, so if GR was taken for the idea of rape, either he fought back and the perpetrator lost his rag, or possibly the perpetrator lashed out in a kind of a 'look what you made me do' sort of attack.

anyone on here know much about victor urquhart or robbie wheeler? these two were arrested in 2005 and convicted over kidnapping a 14 year old boy on kelmscott. held him for 3 weeks before they were found and the boy reunited with his parents. they both would of been around 35 at the time GR went missing. the two were gay lovers, although im not sure when they met. the kelmscott victim was gagged, and handcuffed to a bed in a room. the pair then watched gay pr0n in front of him, had sex in front of him, and forced him to participate in some sexual acts under threats of violence. apparently there was a plan to murder the boy at the end. ive been trying to research if GR could have been the first victim of these two, but he fought back and ended up being killed.

ive read that GR body was found 2 weeks after his abduction, and that he had died soon after being taken. has there been any info on approximate time of death? would be interesting to see how long before he was killed. usually a kidnapped person has something the abductor wants, and the kidnapping is to effect the transfer of that item. (eg rape - transfer of pleasure from the victim, body organs - transfer of body parts to perpetrator, knowledge - transfer of that knowledge to the perpetrator or even the transfer of the promise to remain silent, etc.) The quicker GR was killed suggests the perpetrator(s) possibly didnt get transfer of what they wanted from GR because he fought back, or because the chance of discovery was high. so what did GR have that a kidnapper would of wanted?

money - unlikely. he was 11 years old, so not exactly at peak of earning potential. also his money was still found with his body

knowledge - possible but i dont think likely. it would need to be some pretty severe knowledge to warrant kidnapping let alone death. you dont kidnap someone and kill them because they were going to tell their parents you bought some weed from people they dont know. it would of had to of been knowledge of a major crime or similar to warrant that sort of reaction

connections - unlikely. GR wouldn't of been kidnapped/killed because he knew someone, or his family knew someone. he was on holiday in an area where no one knew him or his family. highly unlikely someone followed the family from Newman to rockingham for some mischief either. also mistaken identity would be unlikely. he was 11. what does an 11 year old do to warrant that sort of reaction?

rape - only possible scenario i can otherwise think of. however, most people in this sort of criminal endeavour dont usually kill their victim, they molest them, dump them and move on. from what ive read of the injuries it suggests some level of emotion on the part of the murderer. bashing someone to a pulp shows a severe hatred for that person, so if GR was taken for the idea of rape, either he fought back and the perpetrator lost his rag, or possibly the perpetrator lashed out in a kind of a 'look what you made me do' sort of attack.
Agree, cannot see any other reason to take a young boy off the street. victor urquhart or robbie wheeler abducted the 'unnamed" young boy and held him captive from August 30 till September 19 2005, GR disappeared on October 14 1997 (eight years later). GR is believed to possibly been last seen arguing with two men near a burgundy car. There is quite a time lapse, but who knows, would be interesting to find out the description of the two men and see if similar to VU & RW??
EDIT - PS - Barbagallo was the prosecutor!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read up briefly on this last night and was shocked. You can create a thread for it or I can do it for you if you like Krusty Crab and sticky a link to it in the top here, you never know someone might see it who has something in their files.

I heard the boy was only found because a women who witnessed the boy talking to / with the men and who dismissed it as nothing later rememberEd what she had seen and reported it to police.

Read up briefly on this last night and was shocked. You can create a thread for it or I can do it for you if you like Krusty Crab and sticky a link to it in the top here, you never know someone might see it who has something in their files.

feel free to create a thread if you like shellyg. i have quite a few items going on away from the keyboard at present so my attendance on this site may become a bit more erratic affair unfortunately

I heard the boy was only found because a women who witnessed the boy talking to / with the men and who dismissed it as nothing later rememberEd what she had seen and reported it to police.

if i recall it was a real estate agent. she came to the house, and saw one of the guys talking to the boy. she then picked one of them out of a photo line up for the cops and the house got raided.

Just enter your email below to register and unlock the full eight-part documentary on this page.

Gerard disappeared on a Tuesday morning around 9.30am. In this clip, the man who owned the unit the Ross family rented for their holiday asks "Who's prowling around at 9.30 in the morning?"

I'll just mention this here before it gets lost but the first wife of Edwards had a full time job at a pet supplies in Rockingham. I don't have specific dates yet but he was known to drive her to work.

I am inclined to believe the evidence of the grandmother who saw two men struggling with a boy on Kent St with a dark/maroon car. She reported it before Gerard was ever even reported missing, so that’s credible. I am also inclined to believe that it was Gerard given the description and time, and the limited likelihood of it being someone else and a random coincidence.

The most likely explanation to me is that Gerard was taken by a paedophile/paedophile ring. He may have been killed before he was sexually assaulted for some reason. It wouldn’t be the first time that has happened. I really don’t see who else would be targeting children for harm in broad daylight. It explains the finding of a pubic hair.

It would fit with there being were two men. It would also explain this happening in the school holidays. I seem to recall reading at some point that a significantly higher proportion of child abductions occur during school holidays, which makes sense when you consider that children are likely to be out and about unsupervised more often then. If Gerard and his brother had been walking around the neighbourhood previously they may have been spotted and become a target.

The other possibility in my view is that he saw something he shouldn’t have, but what at 9:30am on a weekday morning strolling along a suburban street? The most likely option to me is a break in. Two guys trying to get into a house, Gerard spots them. He maybe doesn’t even pay attention but they freak out and grab him. But you’ve got to be an incredibly vicious specific type of person to kill a child. There are plenty of hardened criminals who would think nothing of killing an adult witness, but would still not kill a child. So they’d be looking for serious career criminals in my opinion in that instance, and even then I think it’s a stretch.

I am inclined to believe the evidence of the grandmother who saw two men struggling with a boy on Kent St with a dark/maroon car. She reported it before Gerard was ever even reported missing, so that’s credible. I am also inclined to believe that it was Gerard given the description and time, and the limited likelihood of it being someone else and a random coincidence.

Gerard's murder probably has nothing to do with BRE at all although imo he'd be capable as extremely vicious and vindictive. He produced that story of nearly being drowned by the Huntingdale victim's little brother over thirty years later. That gave me the jeebies.

More likely a Wheeler and Urquhart type pair as Krusty has suggested and in line with the witness account.

Gerard's murder probably has nothing to do with BRE at all although imo he'd be capable as extremely vicious and vindictive. He produced that story of nearly being drowned by the Huntingdale victim's little brother over thirty years later. That gave me the jeebies.

More likely a Wheeler and Urquhart type pair as Krusty has suggested and in line with the witness account.
I can't see any possible connection to CSK. A young boy seems so way off base to his MO. I think Gerard was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. A young boy walking alone, quiet area, no one around, perfect opportunity for a sicko.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back