Unsolved Gerard Ross - Abducted Kent st Rockingham WA 1997

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
A white ute is reported to have been seen in the area in suspicious circumstances.

www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-17/gerard-ross-murder-cold-case-timeline/8187904

wFA4lNb.jpg

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Last edited:

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
It is not evident in the media. Not seen the type of dog.

It could be a wild dog. In these areas there is often packs of domesticated dogs gone bad that roam. Especially in the day.

But as Special Agent Smart Alec said. DNA off dogs might be possible.

Wild dog packs should be rounded up and impounded or culled.

DNA of canines is indeed available.

http://www.animalsdna.com/www.animalsdna.com/web/page/canine/dna_profiling.html

"The same technology is used by law enforcement agencies throughout the world to accurately identify suspects of crime."

Familiaral too no doubt.

The hair of the dog.

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Wild dog packs should be rounded up and impounded or culled.

DNA of canines is indeed available.

http://www.animalsdna.com/www.animalsdna.com/web/page/canine/dna_profiling.html

"The same technology is used by law enforcement agencies throughout the world to accurately identify suspects of crime."

Familiaral too no doubt.

The hair of the dog.

Unfortunately 'wild' dogs become incredibly wary, awfully timid in capture. Any human scent they stay away from. Dog trappers know this.

The domesticated packs are culled when they are caught, if they are caught.

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have always maintained that someone in the state of WA has chosen their victims in the individual case by name due to underlying name interpretation. How would someone track their victim you ask? Police have said in media statement on television "This perpetrator is a killing machine"

The question was, how would this serial killer be able to locate these people with such precision?

A psychopathic rhyme of sorts. Riddled underlying messages to police. Maybe a means of communicating to police the crimes were linked?

Considering one missing victim has a surname Spiers, maybe its the psychopathic trait of implementing a theme to their crimes, possibly taunting police about information we don't know.

In this case, it may be Bold Spear (Gerard) Headland (Ross), seeing as Gerard was Scottish born.

Ironically, a horse trainer with the surname Miller, found Gerard while the horse trainer was taking the horse for a run.

Jane Rimmer was found near Miller road by a horse riding business. Coincidence? Probably...

Was Gerards seemingly pointless murder, with no apparent motive, a message to police or someone else by an angry psychopath delusionally making demands to law or politicians?

The name Gerard is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Gerard is: Hard or bold spear. This name was introduced to England from Germany during the Norman Conquest.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard

Ross can be used as a given name, typically for males, but is also a typical family name for people of Scottish descent (Clan Ross). In this case, the name is of Scottish origin.

The family name can also be of German origin; in German, das Ross (or das Roß) means "the steed" or "the horse", derived from Gaelic meaning "Horse Lord" or "Lord of the Horse" due to the righteous bond between anyone with the surname Ross and their relations to horses specifically when paired with the traditional Irish name Aidan (Aedan, Ayden, Aiden).

Another meaning for given name Ross falls under "promontory" or "headland".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_(name)

Gerard and his brother Malcolm left their holiday home on Kent Street at approximately 9.30am on October 14, 1997, with the intention of visiting a comic book store.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/p...-gerard-ross-murder-case-20170117-gtsvgh.html

So much coincidence.

Gerard Ross
Malcolm Ross
Steve Ross

Who killed Gerard Ross?

Who dunnit?

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
If you look at this, it looks like someone dropped bodies off on the way home, the old road, shortest way home.

The vector is from the Madora bay holiday house to the residence where someone was mid divorce. Gerards body is at the arrow, Janes body at the arrow.

In the day, Woolcoot was a short cut at one point. *Not certain it was at that particular date.

Either way, there was little freeway at the time.

So much coincidence.
Gerard Ross
Malcolm Ross
Steve Ross
Who killed Gerard Ross?
Who dunnit?

79WMrm8.jpg

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
This was an abduction just shortly before Julie Cutler in 1988 from the Sheraton Hotel where the woman was wrapped up and dumped at Centenary Park. *Sheraton is near Pinnochios night club.

Cutler had an attempt run her off the road, where she had left Parmelia Hotel.

The pattern appears in part, drop the body on the way home.

SQYcWJj.jpg

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
This is where the woman abducted from Sheraton Hotel, wrapped in courier tape like a mummy was dropped by a man in a yellow Toyota with steel passenger bucket seat wearing course driving gloves.
She was continually punched in the back until she defecated herself, told she was going to die. Told she was a stupid bitch.
I don't know where she was left on Centenary drive.

Julie Cutler went missing from Parmelia Hotel. Julie Cutler had an attempt to run her off Stirling highway by a madman prior to her missing.

fZ3zDLj.jpg

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Then shifted away from West Perth nightclubs to Claremont. Car park opposite Sheraton. Car Park opposite Parmelia.

MeeVn7e.jpg

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
This case is stranger than fiction.

Warners murdered missing surf club girl. Who was she? Wasn't Santen a Scarborough clubby?

Cutlers car...

How crime novel by a rock singer could hold the key to capturing a real life serial killer

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...r/news-story/46dfe47ea44610573437a3f3ee03163b

So much coincidence.
Gerard Ross
Malcolm Ross
Steve Ross
Who killed Gerard Ross?
Who dunnit?

Coincidentally Rosser st Cottesloe is the 32 parallel.

Gerard Ross discovered by a horse trainer named Miller.

Ross can be used as a given name, typically for males, but is also a typical family name for people of Scottish descent (Clan Ross). In this case, the name is of Scottish origin.
The family name can also be of German origin; in German, das Ross (or das Roß) means "the steed" or "the horse", derived from Gaelic meaning "Horse Lord" or "Lord of the Horse" due to the righteous bond between anyone with the surname Ross and their relations to horses specifically when paired with the traditional Irish name Aidan (Aedan, Ayden, Aiden).

JQaJBmo.jpg

Last edited:

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
So much coincidence.

Gerard Ross
Malcolm Ross
Steve Ross

Who killed Gerard Ross?

Who dunnit?

This case is stranger than fiction.

How crime novel by a rock singer could hold the key to capturing a real life serial killer

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...r/news-story/46dfe47ea44610573437a3f3ee03163b

Coincidentally Rosser st Cottesloe is the 32 parallel.

Gerard Ross discovered by a horse trainer named Miller.

JQaJBmo.jpg

Retired military man Phantom62 wrote:

"Now I have so much data from the new mapping software I now have a whole set of new locations to check out for possible remains. I am also interested in the death of Gerard Ross but find it hard to accept that his killer is the same person. On the other hand the girl killed in Mandurah in the 1980s body was found near Pinjarra, which falls into the line between Collie and Jane Rimmer."

That comment appears to relate to the unsolved murder of Annette Deverall (aged 19) in 1980 - her burnt remains were located near Pinjarra.

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/annette-deverall-murder.html

"Pinjarra is an area rich in history, and is the home town of a former State Premier - Sir Ross McLarty. It is near the site of the infamous Massacre of Pinjarra, where between 14 and 40 Aboriginal Noongars were killed by British colonists in 1834."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinjarra,_Western_Australia

"There are conflicting theories regarding the meaning of the name, and it is usually said to mean "place of a swamp".

Droc wrote:

"It’s these co-incidences that get to me. They shouldn't be there, but they are."

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Retired military man Phantom62 wrote:

"Now I have so much data from the new mapping software I now have a whole set of new locations to check out for possible remains. I am also interested in the death of Gerard Ross but find it hard to accept that his killer is the same person. On the other hand the girl killed in Mandurah in the 1980s body was found near Pinjarra, which falls into the line between Collie and Jane Rimmer."

That comment appears to relate to the unsolved murder of Annette Deverall (aged 19) in 1980 - her burnt remains were located near Pinjarra.

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/annette-deverall-murder.html

"Pinjarra is an area rich in history, and is the home town of a former State Premier - Sir Ross McLarty. It is near the site of the infamous Massacre of Pinjarra, where between 14 and 40 Aboriginal Noongars were killed by British colonists in 1834."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinjarra,_Western_Australia

"There are conflicting theories regarding the meaning of the name, and it is usually said to mean "place of a swamp".

Droc wrote:

"It’s these co-incidences that get to me. They shouldn't be there, but they are."

He never divulged any of this data. We never saw any of this data. He was either holding nothing to his chest, or it was a fiction

Too late when someone else has published their work publicly.

Comes out after the fact, oh yes, these are my findings, not!

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...988-cottesloe-wa.1180051/reply?quote=53738599

Dan you posted this in the Julie Culter thread, but has a good description of the woman who thought she saw Gerard a couple of days after she disappeared. A woman who provided a statement to police in 1997 about a suspicious sighting in the days after the 11-year-old was snatched off a Rockingham street says she was visited by detectives about six months ago.

The witness said a few days after Gerard vanished she noticed an orange car, similar to a Datsun, pulled over on Ennis Avenue in Warnbro. She saw a “little person” wearing navy blue, possibly a child who had a similar “build and image” to Gerard, walking away from the vehicle before being coaxed back in.

The woman said she did not see who was in the orange car but did a U-turn and followed it until it pulled in beside a white van or truck, similar to a horse float on a Safety Bay Road intersection. She reported the sighting soon after to police.
http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...s/news-story/9c62c215480a6cbd33e29584027dc4ee

The witness said she remembered the incident vividly and was haunted by it.

“It’s always there. I cannot forget what I saw. I can’t swear it was that little boy,” she said. “It concerns me that I didn’t make more of an effort at that specific time … I should have been more observant.”

She said detectives had told her that her lead had been investigated and that police found the person believed to have been driving the orange car and cleared them.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://www.news.com.au/national/no-...s/news-story/ffa2593bff68924e5f51912d5516f518

The initial investigation identified two persons of interest. Detectives felt so strongly about these men that it divided the taskforce.

One person of interest was written off early but came under renewed scrutiny when new information came to light. News.com.au does not know the nature of that information.

Police were ready to charge one local man after they found blood traces in his car and evidence that blood had been washed off a wall in a room at his home where he kept model aeroplanes. But the cleaning agent used prevented DNA from being extracted. Blood traces were also found at the suspect's parents' house.

The Director of Public Prosecutions wasn't satisfied there was enough proof to proceed with charges.

Detectives re-examined their suspect "with fine tooth comb multiple times" but couldn't find that extra skerrick of evidence they needed to get the DPP across the line.

The case was complicated by the fact that there'd been a murder at the house previously, even though it had occurred on the grass outside.

Police also made mistakes. DNA at that time was still a reasonably new investigative tool and samples were contaminated.

There were also other clues.

An old TV news report mentions an altercation between two people in the street Gerard disappeared from, on the morning he vanished. They were driving a faded brown or maroon station wagon.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
http://www.news.com.au/national/no-...s/news-story/ffa2593bff68924e5f51912d5516f518

The initial investigation identified two persons of interest. Detectives felt so strongly about these men that it divided the taskforce.

One person of interest was written off early but came under renewed scrutiny when new information came to light. News.com.au does not know the nature of that information.

Police were ready to charge one local man after they found blood traces in his car and evidence that blood had been washed off a wall in a room at his home where he kept model aeroplanes. But the cleaning agent used prevented DNA from being extracted. Blood traces were also found at the suspect's parents' house.

The Director of Public Prosecutions wasn't satisfied there was enough proof to proceed with charges.

Detectives re-examined their suspect "with fine tooth comb multiple times" but couldn't find that extra skerrick of evidence they needed to get the DPP across the line.

The case was complicated by the fact that there'd been a murder at the house previously, even though it had occurred on the grass outside.

Police also made mistakes. DNA at that time was still a reasonably new investigative tool and samples were contaminated.

There were also other clues.

An old TV news report mentions an altercation between two people in the street Gerard disappeared from, on the morning he vanished. They were driving a faded brown or maroon station wagon.
Interesting. Thanks for posting. Makes any vectors look silly

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
edit: lol, users deleting their posts after their stupid comments

RlJMQwa.jpg
Those big mouths are starting to morph pretty quickly, aren't they?

Didn't Droc say there were several men he knew who hung out in the pine forests down that way?

A taxi driver for one - not Stephen Ross.

Two in the station wagon. The colour of which was not described in the early posts, but was in the final one.

Users cannot delete posts, only those with moderator access.

Where posts are off topic, spamming the same information etc or just arguing for the sake of it serves no benefit.

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
*It appears on the face of it, that some of Drocs posts have gone missing or uncached from search engines.

"In regards to Gerald Ross who was found in Baldivis; I was riding my dirtbike down that way in the Baldivis pine plantation when i rode past a cross. I thought someone on a bike had come unstuck,as they do quite alot over here in the stix. I went back & had a look & found it was erected by the Shoalwater Task Force who were investigating his disappearance.He was found off an internal track in the small plantation.Bit hard to drive in there with the ruts & sand unless u had a 4wd.Some tracks u can use a 2wd. A few people from the local horse riding school ride thru there." - Phibes

22. Droc claims he lived in the same house with his girlfriend throughout all three murders. TT was restoring his beddy in Droc's back shed. Droc worked security from 7pm until 7am.
23. Post 1913: The person who flew and out of the country after each murder, was from England. A strange character who drove around in an old Ford Cortina station wagon, and an old truck. But the most interesting thing was he almost always jogged everywhere he went. You would come across him up side streets, across parks - though never at all in the city areas, and he was a person that loved to scout old dumping areas for junk to turn into art. One of his favorite places was the pine forests north, and likewise similar areas to the south. He was about 35 at the time of the murders.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

Have to agree with Grey Crow on this one Dan, The vector if it starts at Madora Bay and goes to Fountain way doesn't intersect with Gerard Ross's disposal site on the corner of that ammunition facility you've shown, or the disposal site of Jane Rimmer.

It's out by 1.5 to 3 km for each of them. It just becomes a line connecting the two points of Madora Bay and Fountain way which means jack shite I think. There was much discussion by yourself and Smarty, or was it Phantom62 of a zero meridian and lines radiating out from that.

That makes more sense to me as well. Shame you can't reproduce that picture showing that. I'm struggling trying to put overlays on, or figure out how to use the maps.

Back