Unsolved Gerard Ross - Abducted Kent st Rockingham WA 1997

Maybe if The West Australian Newspaper owned by Seven West Media Limited (Kerry Stokes fiefdom), made the video documentary series and all articles on Gerard Ross today, available for everyone freely on the internet, then maybe there would be more chance of solving this sad case and assisting WAPOL with "Operation Footlight" more quickly, or at all!

I hope it comes out from behind the paywall because they're selling it on the basis of drawing out more information after including interviews with WA Police.

Now, more than two decades later, Gerard’s family, WA Police and those connected to his case are speaking for the first time.

The West Australian is sharing their emotional stories in the hope that it will compel those with information that will lead to a conviction to come forward.

Some of us have likely tried to plot his course and this looks like it may be the time relevant map, so it's probably better than what we've had before.

GR.png

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I hope it comes out from behind the paywall because they're selling it on the basis of drawing out more information after including interviews with WA Police.

You'd hope that the WA Government would instruct WA Police not to provide content like this to the media unless that content is made available online for free in cases like the Gerard Ross Operation Footlight.

Maybe we need to additionally fund the ABC or WAPOL directly and specifically to put together extensive documentaries like the Gerard Ross one, to assist with crime cold case reviews, if the Commercial media is going to force the public to pay to view it.

Then see if the Commercial media is willing to promote the documentaries as a free public service without being paid by the ABC or WAPOL or WA Government, or subscribing customers to publish or view the content.

And consider making it part of conditions of their broadcasting licences that they promote this type of content to assist solve crimes.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I get the feeling nothing new comes from these podcasts and the West knows ; the call for action is to suck people in to pay for content

The police can still ask for assistance without the need to cross reference the podcast

I get the feeling nothing new comes from these podcasts and the West knows ; the call for action is to suck people in to pay for content

The police can still ask for assistance without the need to cross reference the podcast

I think it's a video documentary GreyCrow so a bit of work likely went into it, should have just sold it to Netflix.

and Stan and iView :)

Putting it on Seven TV free to air and 7Plus would also be a good idea.

If the aim is to solve the case by drawing information out of people who could be scattered all over Australia by now putting it behind a paywall doesn't make sense.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

Now, more than two decades later, Gerard’s family, WA Police and those connected to his case are speaking for the first time.

The West Australian is sharing their emotional stories in the hope that it will compel those with information that will lead to a conviction to come forward.

Had a read in a cafe today and a few things that struck me was they've conducted search's at new suspects houses that have been identified since the cold case review started.

Re interviewed witnesses and people connected to the case. When Gerards brother Malcolm visited Perth last year they took him back to Kent St, Rockingham and walked him through to see what he could remember. Re interviewed the owner of the holiday unit at 105 Kent St where they were staying and got records from his primary school in Headland.

A woman from 72 Kent St said she saw two men struggling on each side of a small boy with dark hair and a blue cap, trying to get him in a car. One man had light hair and the other dark and the rough car parked on the verge on Kent St. The small boy had his back to her but she was worried enough to report it to police and the report was made before the parents reported Gerard missing. The woman regretted not going back and she helped police in the weeks before his body was discovered.

The cop investigating in 2003 Rod Wilde, is now in charge of the cold case squad and is methodically reviewing and re-investigating every aspect. Perhaps most importantly are using "2019 technology and science" to identify his killer. "From the exhibits we collected in 1997 we now have the opportunity to retest them for DNA. The ability to obtain DNA profile, a forensic profile from the crime scene, is so far advanced from where it was in 1997 so those opportunities arise for us."

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Appalling to have any "appeal" to the public behind a paywall.

More like an appeal for subscriptions revenue to help them reach there forecast financial targets and subscriber numbers.

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
More like an appeal for subscriptions revenue to help them reach there forecast financial targets and subscriber numbers.

Yes, agreed. I've been watching the series today and casting it from my chrome browser to the big screen TV.
Must admit that it well produced.
I also noticed an advert for a Today Tonight episode coming up upon the Nannup disappearances where a bunch of hackers is trying to find Simon Kadwell/ Gary Felton

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos

Yup. * the West and their faux true crime bullshit. A publication by campaigners for campaigners.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Growing up in Rockingham it was always common knowledge there was some kind of pedophile ring in the area. Just one of the many things that go on Balga by the Sea. A couple of teachers and a bus driver some of those involved. Nothing was ever proven or done about it. It's shocking this still hasn't been solved. The poor kid was tortured in different ways.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep, they lost hundreds of Docker supporters subscription when they had a huge headline on Willie Rioli and a photo and smaller headline of Nat Fyfe on the morning after Fyfe won the Brownlow medal!

The new editor firing their most experienced and respected journalists and concentrating on salacious but rubbish tabloid headlines hasn't worked. They planned a paywall to co-incidence with the CSK case going to trial, then trial was delayed.

All that being said, the re-investigation of Gerard Ross case by a motivated cold case group using the latest DNA analysis that we've seen successful elsewhere, has every reason to find the people involved.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The journalists weren't sacked they were made redundant. s**t out of money and it will only get worse when their vastly boomer readership start dying off.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some of us have likely tried to plot his course and this looks like it may be the time relevant map, so it's probably better than what we've had before.

View attachment 763409
Saying Gerard most likely picked up on Kent St as he didn't make it to the petrol station on the corner of Flinders and Kent as confirmed by cctv cameras.

It was very unlikely he strayed from Kent St and there was a credible woman witness who say a boy struggling with two men with a car on the verge, when she was driving out of 72 Kent St.

1571047217527.png

Last edited:
It was very unlikely he strayed from Kent St and there was a credible woman witness who say a boy struggling with two men with a car on the verge, when she was driving out of 72 Kent St.

It's so shocking a little boy can be snatched like that in the middle of the street in broad daylight and so early in the morning. I don't remember reading about this witness before and that before Gerard was even reported missing she'd rung the police to report it. So close!

Eaglette01

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2016
The Wild Wild West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leicester City FC, Dallas Cowboys
Same Shellyg - I had not heard about the credible witness - who saw 2 men arguing and shoving a young boy into a car on the SAME STREET.

Snipped from The West today: G Ross - it is worth a read. I just can't type it all out. Surely someone can copy and paste it in here ?

Released info about P12 (who has no alibi) on the day Gerard went missing. 300m from where P12 stayed.

Attachments

• gross .jpg
    gross .jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 378
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's so shocking a little boy can be snatched like that in the middle of the street in broad daylight and so early in the morning. I don't remember reading about this witness before and that before Gerard was even reported missing she'd rung the police to report it. So close!
Saturday's paper had a columm on the witness that I summarised back some posts. I will try to get a photo and post.

Witness was driving out of her driveway at 72 Kent St to visit her daughter and felt bad about not stopping. She had reported it to police before Gerard's parents had reported him missing and assisted cops in the weeks before he was discovered. Maybe it wasn't published at the time because cops had an idea who that was. There were reports that there was division among investigators with some ready to arrest. Kucera was best friend of Vernon Silich's Dad, RIP?

Kent St is wide and verges are tree filled making it hard to see the footpath from the road or any distance away. There is a slight hill then a dip so unsighted from 105 fairly quickly.

1571052850982.png

Last edited:
Back