Roast Gerard Whateley’s Rant on AFL360 (22/08/19)

Remove this Banner Ad

“I think, the people around Port Adelaide, and I’ll separate them from the club themselves, the people around Port Adelaide need to calm the farm a bit.

You can wish and hope and think and pray that you should be making finals, and then you can coldly assess what’s happened against what the planning was and you can go, ‘this is exactly where we should be. we are on a path, we are a fair way down the path’.

You want to see where the path leads? Sit tight. Stop the agitation. Stop the unrest. Stop this ridiculous idea that you’re this old SANFL club that should rule the world. That’s not you. That’s not you in the AFL. You scratch and you claw for everything that you’re worth. And you put a plan in place and you follow that plan through.

The plan is, go to the draft, get a critical mass of young players, integrate them, have a good season — this is a good season, this is a clear pass, a clear pass what they have done — it improves next year on a natural trajectory.

And then you make your judgements. You’ve got a coach who’s got a trigger in his contract next year, so if they don’t make the finals and you think they should, then we say ‘thanks, I don’t think that path is going to lead us to where we’re going’.

There are clubs who have walked this path, they’ve got to the crossroads, and they’ve gone ‘do you know what? we actually believe in what we’re doing here. on we go’. And those clubs have profited enormously from it.”

0DEC229F-194B-4DB1-8053-5DA6ABE98A87.jpeg

Last edited:

“I think, the people around Port Adelaide, and I’ll separate them from the club themselves, the people around Port Adelaide need to calm the farm a bit.

You can wish and hope and think and pray that you should be making finals, and then you can coldly assess what’s happened against what the planning was and you can go, ‘this is exactly where we should be. we are on a path, we are a fair way down the path’.

You want to see where the path leads? Sit tight. Stop the agitation. Stop the unrest. Stop this ridiculous idea that you’re this old SANFL club that should rule the world. That’s not you. That’s not you in the AFL. You scratch and you claw for everything that you’re worth. And you put a plan in place and you follow that plan through.

The plan is, go to the draft, get a critical mass of young players, integrate them, have a good season — this is a good season, this is a clear pass, a clear pass what they have done — it improves next year on a natural trajectory.

And then you make your judgements. You’ve got a coach who’s got a trigger in his contract next year, so if they don’t make the finals and you think they should, then we say ‘thanks, I don’t think that path is going to lead us to where we’re going’.

There are clubs who have walked this path, they’ve got to the crossroads, and they’ve gone ‘do you know what? we actually believe in what we’re doing here. on we go’. And those clubs have profited enormously from it.”

View attachment 731952

In other words ‘shut up and eat this s**t sandwich and be thankful.’ Yeah, * that.

Those comments were out of line. He spoke as if he knew his mate was getting the sack and just decided to tee off on the club. I usually enjoy gerard's commentary but that was just disgusting.

View attachment 731952
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I loved that he stressed "this season"...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kens Manager knows s**t is brewing and has asked the media muppets to put pressure on the club to try and save his clients ass..

And Gerards a piece of s**t.

I tend to believe this angle too. The conditioning from all corners of this filthy boys club league is blatant. The AFL propaganda machine more likely to blame than a manager who has already cashed in.

View attachment 731952

Remove this Banner Ad

Back