Roast Gerard Whateley’s Rant on AFL360 (22/08/19)

Remove this Banner Ad

They believed they had a premiership squad in 2019

Yet these same people are now spinning that we have somehow met expectations by almost scraping into the 8?

The thing about every one of these defences is that it's predicated on the idea that started this campaign this year. We've already had one failed, tilt at a finals campaign. We then went all in in experienced players to try and go again and it didn't work, so we rebuild (is that what you call it when you loose 2 of your best 22?) this year and miss the finals in hope of making them next year? Has any of this planning taken into account the age profile of our leaders? Our best players? What about the messaging? The media talk about us like we've had a period of sustained success. Whateley should know better, 360 jumped on the Port train in a major way in the early Hinkley days and dropped us just as quick when we failed to live up to those expectations. It's not just about what we've done, but how we've done it and he should know that better than anyone. At the end of the day, another year under Hinkley *could* miraculously start working. That would be great. But another year of shitting the bed after so much promise just might break our backs. I sure hope this grand plan the media seems to think Hinkley has comes together.

When (if) we sack Kenny early next week I would expect KT ( unless he is gone) to fire back at the elements of the media that have pushed the supporters are the issue barrow.

Something along the lines of "our people know football and know that 1 final in five years is not acceptable, know that many of our performances under pressure are unacceptable and quite frankly some of the reporting towards our fan base is to put it kindly ill informed and mischievous at best"

As a general rule we are not ill informed keyboard warrior Facebook happy campers that want to destroy our club.

WE ARE the ones trying to save what is left of it. I would say 99.9 percent of us would give Steele Sidebottoms right nut to see us successful.

You want us against them and engagement listen to us and take us seriously. Otherwise it is us against you and them and that will not end well for someone.

I actually agree with Whatley in the fact we finished better than I thought we would preseason.

But this is because I have such a low expectation on Ken's ability rather than the playing group.

Ken's cuck is so off the mark uneducated on his opinion here that it makes me utterly sick in my stomach that he is getting paid for his opinions......and I liked Whately
I like him too but his take/rant on this is from a guy who just hasn't got the time, energy or even passion for the club to give a thoroughly thought through opinion. He's literally flying off half cocked which has lowered my estimation of him.

At the start of the season when I got to interview Ken and Davies for the convention promo for the website, I asked them about 15-18 questions but they only released footage of one.

I think the second question I asked was along the lines of "A number of speakers at last years convention spoke about going ‘all in’ for a premiership over the next couple of seasons. This off season we’ve lost our main two outside ball users in Polec and Wingard who averaged 46 disposals and 8 inside 50’s between them. Has the departure of two prime aged midfielders from the squad put a dent in our premiership chances in 2019 and where does their departure leave the heavy recruitment campaign of 12 months ago?"

The answer from both was that we were very much still in all in for a flag and that whilst those two would be a loss, players we had waiting in the wings would make up for their loss, with improvement from other parts of the squad as well. They believed they had a premiership squad in 2019.

Funnily enough, the last question I asked was "By September 2019 it will be 5 calender years since our last finals win. I don’t think many would have predicted that be the case internally or externally at the end of 2014. Do you feel we’ve underachieved under your watch in that time? "
This is why these dills in media are wrong about the fans/members expectations. The internal expectation was high, the club put out those high expectations, they didn't deliver and now we are the ones to blame for it.

I hope there is the footage of all your questions and some how makes it way out to the media after he is sacked.

And why I am ranting stuff you Harold Whitlely or whatever your name is.

We are not the Port of the sanfl stuff you... it was the values and the DNA of that success that got us into the big dance and it is returning to those simple values that will make us successful again.

Faaark you you I'll informed, ignorant prick.

Kornes getting close to Chaplin levels with constant and heavy digs at players while vehemently defending his mate Ken.
Who let him leave mid contract, and gifted him a 300th at the same time, in a season we were meant to compete.

Funny that.

And why I am ranting stuff you Harold Whitlely or whatever your name is.

i reckon gerard is the type to have a sex pillow and he's named it harold

Hope you don't mind the intrusion. I'm normally a big Gerard fan but his take on this is one of the worst from any media person this year. For someone that is normally well informed, he comes across as ignorant and pretty downright disrespectful to people around your club. He is manipulating his audience, knowing that many wouldn't hold a strong understanding of Port's list and will take his word as gospel. You'd think half the team was rookies from the way he spoke. What makes it equally hypocritical was the way just minutes earlier he was talking about how the Saints have the right to do whatever they want with their coaching choices only to imply that Port fans are entitled children expecting dominance every year.

"Chill, Ports Powaz fans, u gots to chill, chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill!"

lol, copping sprays from this gammy gaslighting Ghidora - Rooch, Kane & Gerard - is like getting flogged by warm lettuce.

All Hinkley's Hoez have managed to do is further inflame passions, strengthen the "Sack Hinkley" resolve and make a seriously p!ssed off supporter base even more determined to forever f@%k him off to the Dapto Dogs where he belongs.

Congrats, u condescending campaignerwaffles!

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 1.58.07 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Kane has some point. Its not all on Ken. Some of these players failed under Primus and were involved in some shambolic losses under him and Choco too.

Its why ill be happy when some of these gross chokers leave the club

I think it's too easy to generalise. Who are they? Westhoff is one for mine, and I also believe R.Gray's goal-kicking has let us down badly over the years, but it would be somewhat harsh to pin it on these two plus Boak. I think Ryder, Watts and Motlop are pea-hearts, but they are relatively new on the scene (yet were targeted by Hinkley).

Hope you don't mind the intrusion. I'm normally a big Gerard fan but his take on this is one of the worst from any media person this year. For someone that is normally well informed, he comes across as ignorant and pretty downright disrespectful to people around your club. He is manipulating his audience, knowing that many wouldn't hold a strong understanding of Port's list and will take his word as gospel. You'd think half the team was rookies from the way he spoke. What makes it equally hypocritical was the way just minutes earlier he was talking about how the Saints have the right to do whatever they want with their coaching choices only to imply that Port fans are entitled children expecting dominance every year.
Thanks mate, it makes me glad a supporter of another side can see the downright hypocrisy this so-called footy expert sprouts. He's a numpty.

The youth excuse is all that it is, an excuse for underperforming.

If we were truly going down a youth route, we should have traded out the Rockliff jonas Hartlett Broadbent Ebert Westhoff, those types, and played drew Farrell Billy atley Marshall Garner lienert etc all season. Then I could say, yeah we have made a real change.

But right now, if the rumors are true... Wines and spp out of the club next season and we will have the likes of Rockliff boak and gray as the starting midfield next year... Yooooof

Last edited:
The youth excuse is all that it is, an excuse for underperforming.

If we were truly going down a youth route, we should have traded out the Rockliff jonas Hartlett Broadbent Ebert Westhoff, those types, and played drew Farrell Billy atley Marshall Garner lienert etc all season. Then I could say, yeah ee have made a real chance.

But right now, if the rumors are true... Wines and spp out of the club next season and we will have the likes of Rockliff boak and gray as the starting midfield next year... Yooooof

And lose pretty much nothing on current form.

I think it's too easy to generalise. Who are they? Westhoff is one for mine, and I also believe R.Gray's goal-kicking has let us down badly over the years, but it would be somewhat harsh to pin it on these two plus Boak. I think Ryder, Watts and Motlop are pea-hearts, but they are relatively new on the scene (yet were targeted by Hinkley).

All this is excusing the 2014 finals series as everyone seemed to play out of their skin those three weeks. But I think Ebert has let us down a large number of times since in big games. Westhoff as well. Hartlett seems to be on another planet at least once a month. Dixon's goalkicking is horrible.

I can never fault Boaks attitude, even though he sometimes doesnt play great, you can always tell he's giving 100%. Others, not so much.

"Stop this ridiculous idea that you’re this old SANFL club that should rule the world. That’s not you. That’s not you in the AFL. You scratch and you claw for everything that you’re worth."

What is it he thinks he's saying here? That we're not Port Adelaide?
That Port in the SANFL didn't "scratch and claw" for everything we were worth?

Seriously, we are a club that has paid TWICE for an AFL license, and is still taxed heavily to support the state league we came from, our average home crowds are consistently more than Geelong, Hawthorn, St Kilda, Sydney, Melbourne, Carlton, Brisbane... yet are still seen as a financial basket-case with no support.

What the * is wrong with this picture?
How is this the case?

Last edited:
All this is excusing the 2014 finals series as everyone seemed to play out of their skin those three weeks. But I think Ebert has let us down a large number of times since in big games. Westhoff as well. Hartlett seems to be on another planet at least once a month. Dixon's goalkicking is horrible.

I can never fault Boaks attitude, even though he sometimes doesnt play great, you can always tell he's giving 100%. Others, not so much.

I bet he will go to the USA again and show Insta stories of him busting his coin slot and training the house down, whilst some of the boyz will be up river doing handstands on the back of a speedboat or something.

"Stop this ridiculous idea that you’re this old SANFL club that should rule the world. That’s not you. That’s not you in the AFL. You scratch and you claw for everything that you’re worth."

What is it he thinks he's saying here? That we're not Port Adelaide?
That Port in the SANFL didn't "scratch and claw" for everything we were worth?

Seriously, we are a club that has paid TWICE for an AFL license, and is still taxed heavily to support the state league we came from, our average home crowds are consistently more than Geelong, Hawthorn, St Kilda, Sydney, Melbourne, Carlton, Brisbane... yet are still seen as a financial basket-case with no support.

What the fu** is wrong with this picture?
How is this the case?

get the man a Bourbon! Well said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back