Roast Gerard Whateley’s Rant on AFL360 (22/08/19)

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there, must have been 20-25k Port fans at the G for that away prelim.

Now that figure is pretty much our home crowds.

Ditto, massive build up, and the game matched it even though we got done by a very good team that night.
and well done for finding the point I was making with the pic :thumbsu:

Why is the pressure mounting on Pyke not garnering a NTTAWWTteenth of media outrage, can anyone explain it to me?

Because Pyke doesn't have a ton of mates in the media who he feeds valuable information to (or rescues their career and then employs their brother as an assistant coach, in Kane's case).

Stop looking at this logically, people. It's all about self interest. Bar maybe Tredders and Ginever, journos are out there to further their own interests, not the interests of the PAFC.

As much as we all hate the Crows, I rate Pyke. Maybe that’s because I’m a Port fan and I’m so used to his team beating my team but let’s not count out how good they were in 16-17 and the fact that they were decimated by injury and had the Collective Mind cloud hanging over their heads for all of 2018. Then by the time this year rolled around their list was too old and slow to contend.

They’ve got a rebuild coming up so let’s see if Pyke can build his own list.

I think the whole camp fiasco f’ed Pyke in the eyes of the media. He's nigel no friends.

Wasn't even his idea. The pressure should be on that dickhead Burton. Getting rid of him would be far more beneficial to that club than getting rid of Pyke. So of course I hope Burton has a job for life.

Tom Browne reporting today the Port board is ‘wavering’ and may turf Ken if you don’t make finals, also apparently SPP is on the trade table (Bizarre decision imo).

My opinion on SPP has changed recently.

A younger colleague of mine is in his social network and doesn’t have much good to say about him. If the events of the past few years haven’t jolted him into better behaviour, then nothing will.

Trade him now while he has value. I doubt he’ll be on an AFL list in a few years.

My opinion on SPP has changed recently.

A younger colleague of mine is in his social network and doesn’t have much good to say about him. If the events of the past few years haven’t jolted him into better behaviour, then nothing will.

Trade him now while he has value. I doubt he’ll be on an AFL list in a few years.
He's gone there's too much noise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Pyke doesn't have a ton of mates in the media who he feeds valuable information to (or rescues their career and then employs their brother as an assistant coach, in Kane's case).

Stop looking at this logically, people. It's all about self interest. Bar maybe Tredders and Ginever, journos are out there to further their own interests, not the interests of the PAFC.
Yep, Pyke's from Perth. Not part of the Melbourne old boys network so they don't give a s**t about him.

The image of players being tied to trees naked in the middle of the night kind of does him no favours.

The alleged treatment of Jacobs and preventing their biggest, most beloved star from being in contact with his heavily-pregnant wife was worse.

Seriously though, its frightening. Media owning player management companies. All they would do all day is drop manager sanctioned "player x linked to hawks, better pay the man!" and boom, their clients are suddenly worth more.

Yep it is frightening and not only for that reason. The fact that croc media bought a player management company which isn’t core to their actual business is to me a sign that the AFL is stagnating and no longer growing organically.

The pie is no longer growing and now all the big players are starting to cannibalise it for their own survival. It’ll be interesting to see the next media rights deal whether the money still flows next decade

Oh god. Gerard right now. And Kane. Pure vomit. Ken the overachiever. Ken the youth player. No other team 3 youth.

It would be wrong of port to do the wrong thing of Hinkley.

Kane is saying the old school unrealistic idea of winning premierships is hurting the club.

The finance means ken can't put out a good team

He also had a dig at The next committee, Cassisi, wanganeen, Cahill. Undermining ken.

Dermot was saying are you sure

David king said no, tjey have underperformed

Now Whately defending ken

KING asking how many rebuilds will you give him Gerard . Haven't made finals in 5 years

Kane defending ken again.

Kane should never be allowed to walk in the door again

People, send David King more info. He is close to the story of our underperforming, and the only one saying the obvious

12.15 to 12.26 EST.

Unfknblvbl i want to vomit

Kane is saying the old school unrealistic idea of winning premierships is hurting the club.

The conflation of expecting Port to be performing better than it has against its talent and resources over the past 5 seasons with the minority delusion that Port should win a flag every other year as it did in the SANFL is the most ridiculous part of all this.

Brisbane sacked Leppitsch. (Fagan)
Hawthorn sacked Schwab. (Clarkson)
Fremantle sacked Harvey. (Lyon)
Richmond sacked Wallace. (Hardwick)
Western Bulldogs sacked McCartney. (Beveridge)

Did all those fanbases believe they should be dominating the league, or is it just us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back