Solved Geriatric Crime - 92yo on a mobility scooter refuses to get off the Monash Freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

This is quite funny and glad it ended well when this escapee was reunited with his family but I've noticed what seems to be an increase in geriatric crime, some of it is really serious. Like murders, crimes of passion both in and outside of nursing homes. Not an anomaly likely but could it be due to the rise in our ageing population?

Are our elderly not dementia diagnosed fast enough or do they just feel entitled the rules don't apply to them any more?

“I just told him to try and pull over and he told me to f*** off,” Bruce told a triple-0 operator.

While the operator told Bruce he did not want him to risk his own safety by staying behind, the driver replied: “If I go off around him, he’s going to get collected.”

“He’s just driving along quite happily."

HILARIOUS DASHCAM FOOTAGE

geri.jpg

https://au.yahoo.com/news/melbourne...lity-scooter-on-monash-freeway-025905905.html

So whats the deal with this? I imagine if I did this I'd at least cop quite a fine. Is this a classic case of old people will be old people that goes unpunished?

So whats the deal with this? I imagine if I did this I'd at least cop quite a fine. Is this a classic case of old people will be old people that goes unpunished?

No idea what they're going to punish him with. A massive fine would probably go unpaid and he probably had his license taken off him years ago.

When he saw the cops had pulled in behind, he had an attitude adjustment deciding he best do the right thing and use an indicator. He stuck his left hand out and veered into the service lane to stop, he might have selective dementia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back