German speaking AFL footy forum!

Remove this Banner Ad

Right.

Something like this: Als ich in Berlin war, war es als ob die ganze Bevölkerung von Melbourne jetzt dort lebt.

Wie können sie so schrecklich sein? Not sure about this, grammatical right, but "schrecklich" is not the right word. Perhaps "scheußlich" is better...

"Soll Spieler uberall sein!" means something like "Is the player supposed to be everywhere?" Without an "ein" or "der" Spieler is used as an proper noun, Don't really get what you want to say...
Was attempting to say "there should be players everywhere', but "es soll Spielern uberall geben' didn't seem right. Auf jeden fall, danke für deine Hilfe. Kein zweifel werde ich mehr späte brauchen.

This would have been much easier if I'd gone to Saturday school like I was supposed to when I was a kid. *facepalm*

haha. Well not too shabby.

I would suggest the word'grottig' from'grottenschlecht'
Good to know though that HH has won high. Funnily the German footy season and cricket season are in the same season, and even on the same days so there is little chance for me to watch the footy :lol:

I know this might be a long shot but does anybody have a video about football for a German friend of mine? I have found good videos but there are all in English, he can speak some English but I don't think enough.

Oh and if there is no German AFL promos anyone know a really good, basic AFL promo just in English?

I saw they lost to Berlin. How on earth did that happen?
Munich actually. And it is a pretty long trip down there. But looks like they brought a decent squad actually. Have only seen home games and the visitors often have not even a full team, so you play something like 15+1 against 15+7 at times, so the hometeam has a little more advantage. Very low level league. But I loved the game in pouring rain earlier this year...

I know this might be a long shot but does anybody have a video about football for a German friend of mine? I have found good videos but there are all in English, he can speak some English but I don't think enough.

If you goto http://www.afleurope.org/ there are sections there.

In the "contacts" list, I would contact Shane Hill. He runs the umpires section.
He deffinitely has umpiring videos and would be able to get some coaching videos
and about the game videos as well.

If you are to wander down to one of the local clubs I'm sure they'd be more than willing
to talk to you and even sign you up.

Ok, after opposition forfeit Sunday the Hamburg Dockers finish top with only one loss and a percentage of 303. Not bad. Perhaps I manage to watch the GF, when it is played here...

Well, and again:

"Unfortunately the round 9 game (tomorrow 4pm) against the Stuttgart Emus has been cancelled as the opposition is unable to field a team. The game is counted as a 80-0 win for the Dockers."

Luckily I didn't make it to the game...

how do they calculate the would be win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back