Toast Get Excited!

Remove this Banner Ad

When you're leaving the ground, and you feel like you want to give high fives to complete strangers, you know your team is travelling OK.

It was exactly a home ground win with the sense of satisfaction of an away win. That's exactly it.

We’re just constantly finding ways to win games we would have always lost in the past.

I’ve held off from saying this but I’m convinced there’s something different about us this year. The 150th is having an affect on the players and coaches.

This goes all the way back to that pre-season game against the Dogs in Whyalla, when Dixon and Lycett got injured and we were going to lose for all money, until we didn’t. I felt the same after the win over West Coast, when them of all teams started coming back, we didn't roll over for them again. I felt the same after the win over GWS, then again over Carlton when all the boys got up a 4 or 5 in the morning to fly up for the game on the same day and we lost Burton and Motlop to injury, and then once again, tonight, when we beat the reigning premiers Richmond after they challenged us.

Then there’s the fact that we were on top after Round 1, which is where you want to be in a leap year this century.

There’s still a long, long way to go and we’ve been let down before, but this could be our year.

Last edited:
We dominated today's game against the form team of the competition, and the only thing that kept the game close was a few cheap goals given to Richmond in the 2nd quarter.

No reason we can't win the flag this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most exciting thing for me is the youth we have been able to bring in basically a rebuild on the run and sitting top for 6mths .

Great game, great win. So much to like about the way we're playing our footy.

One reservation, and it's been the same for about 6 years: we need to be 50% better than our opposition all over the ground to win these games, because we consistently bottle it in front of goal when we have the chance to really nail a game.

We've got to lose those yips if we're going to go deep.

I have lost my voice, I also missed my footy express bus home celebrating at the oval.
Boy, was I wrong about how that last quarter was going to go.

On a side note: fu** Adelaide Metro
You must have been there a while celebrating, did you at least turn off the lights on the way out?

Actually never mind, the SMA did that with 5mins left in the game to save money.

I think we've improved significantly year on year. Our skill level is higher (albeit we still battle in front of the big sticks) and we seem able to tough games out for longer rather than lose focus and collapse when the pressure is on.

We'd have to collapse horrendously from here to not finish top 4. That means we'll be playing some serious finals football. Looking forward to seeing whether we sink or swim under finals pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back