Analysis Get Goddard - yes or no?

Waiting for Goddard?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you're trying to increase the ranga quota, we've already got one who looked a likely type in his debut and most definitely, is a far better human.

The obvious answer is no, but sometimes it is worth looking outside the square.

I think if our backline LTI is to be covered we need to look at some temp solutions. This may be mature age rookies or older heads like this that can marshall and lead the defence as we have seen Dunn do and Hodge in Brisbane do. It would be a 1 year temp option. Goddard may not be the best option but he may be all that is decent for a bit.

No. Because we need a player who can play accountable footy. It’s why our backline has performed well this year and is why our undermanned backline is holding up today.

Goddard plays loose. Oxley can do that if that’s what we want.

So, not sure exactly what he can offer the team.

I do feel for him. He does give it 100% and obviously went to the bombers at the worst possible time.

I actually am not totally against it. ( runs and hides )
He's averaging 22 possessions a game this year and been pretty durable.
With our backline pretty skint with Dunn,Shaz out for most if not all of next year, he wouldn't be the worst recruit for 1 year on minimum wage as a medium defender and brings experience.
Yes he's a flog but still would prefer him in side to Oxley any day of the week.
Only due to injuries. I'd be ok with BJ only for a year while Shaz and Dunn get fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it means we never get Goddard I'm ok with that.

I felt a great disturbance in the Club, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, "NO" and were suddenly silenced. I fear someone terrible has been delisted."

Hmmm, I know someone else who liked to point...

kj5qH4oJ_400x400.jpg

Yes

His mark and lead taking goal in 2010 drawn GF , showed our guys how close we were to losing thus driving them to get the next goal to retake the lead.

Just imagine the saints fans if Goddard was to play in a 2019 premiership his retirement game with Collingwood

Yes

His mark and lead taking goal in 2010 drawn GF , showed our guys how close we were to losing thus driving them to get the next goal to retake the lead.

Just imagine the saints fans if Goddard was to play in a 2019 premiership his retirement game with Collingwood

It would forever be an "asterisk" flag with Goddard in it.

Yes

Still no.

My Essendon mates were over the moon due to today’s news that he wasn’t going to be offered a new contract - I actually congratulated them as it makes me like Essendon just a little more, although I still hate the *****

Now they’ve still got a total tool left in Stringer - a destination club for recycled morons? They should hire Wayne Carey on their coaching panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back