Oppo Camp Get in Eagles!

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you remember how the Dee's intensity went through the roof in the final few minutes of the 2011 game when they realised we just needed one more goal to break the all time record? Of course there's something in it for them.
It was a lighthearted comment but ok.

Can't see West Coast getting over the Crows without Nic Nat. Their stats just drop too much without him. Adelaide should easily win. Geez, those games against the pies / blues / saints were so costly, weren't they?
Saints' game was the big one for me. We'd just come off three good wins against top 8 sides and it was the last game before the bye, plus we were up by a goal and a half with less than 5min to go:(

s**t happens I guess.

My ideal scenario for how next week plays out:

- West Coast beats Adelaide on Friday night
- We beat/smash Melbourne on Saturday
- Sydney versus Richmond; it'd be nice to see Richmond win, but if the Swans win then so be it.
- GWS beats North Melbourne
- Bulldogs smash Freo and give their percentage a boost
- most importantly, Collingwood win their final game of the season getting over Hawthorn.

That would leave the ladder looking like:
1. Sydney - 17w
2. Geelong (swap if Richmond win) - 17w
3. GWS - 16w
4. Adelaide - 16w
5. West Coast - 16w
6. Bulldogs - 16w
7. Hawthorn - 16w
8. North Melbourne - 12w

Likelihood of happening probably ain't great, but a girl can dream can't she. This involves actively barracking for Collingwood which goes against everything I have been taught - you barrack for 2 teams, Geelong and whoever is playing Collingwood.

Alternatively, if we would rather play Adelaide week one of finals, North gets up over GWS, meaning they finish 7th and Hawthorn finishes 6th.

My ideal scenario for how next week plays out:

- West Coast beats Adelaide on Friday night
- We beat/smash Melbourne on Saturday
- Sydney versus Richmond; it'd be nice to see Richmond win, but if the Swans win then so be it.
- GWS beats North Melbourne
- Bulldogs smash Freo and give their percentage a boost
- most importantly, Collingwood win their final game of the season getting over Hawthorn.
Any way to get the Dogs above West Coast so the Hawks have to travel to Perth for an elimination final? :p

Any way to get the Dogs above West Coast so the Hawks have to travel to Perth for an elimination final? :p

Currently 12% difference between the 2 teams - so I guess it would take a record breaking win to do so

If West Coast lose but can keep it close, we pretty much need a 10+ goal win over Melbourne to move above Adelaide.

Just goes to show what a missed opportunity today was. And the Essendon game.
We should have another 10 goals in the bag from these games.

I'll learn their bloody song if they get up :hearts:
I Sung it as I left the 92 gf.

Multiple times. They owe me.
Don't ask me why. I'm just an impartial twat.

And now I hate it.
It's so dated.

After the Hawks game, I actually found myself idly humming "we're the big birds, playing the big game..." around the house

Is it the worst song in the league? It's right up there.
Awful. For me in the worst stakes it's hard to split:

Eagles - "And we're here to show you why"
Port - "We'll never stop, stop, stop til we're top, top, top"
Freo - "We’re gonna roll ‘em and we’ll rock ‘em"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's hope they improve again tmrw night, weagles web is back. Strangle the crows front running fwds!
Missing Sloan and smith. Also, I wonder what pressure will do to Adelaide. Eagles in a sense have nothing to lose. They're outside the top 4 and it'll take a lot of upsets for them to sneak in. Adelaide however go in knowing that a slight * up sees them lose a home final. And they know deep down they can't beat Geelong at the G. It'll be a cracking game.

Missing Sloan and smith. Also, I wonder what pressure will do to Adelaide. Eagles in a sense have nothing to lose. They're outside the top 4 and it'll take a lot of upsets for them to sneak in. Adelaide however go in knowing that a slight **** up sees them lose a home final. And they know deep down they can't beat Geelong at the G. It'll be a cracking game.

If they lose, Hawthorn will overtake them.

Depends who you'd prefer to play in the QF.

Hawks obv?
Pretty sure if this happens we'd play Adelaide at the MCG and Hawthorn would finish anywhere from 5th to 7th depending on other results.

But most importantly we'd play Adelaide in Melbourne.... I think.

Missing Sloan and smith. Also, I wonder what pressure will do to Adelaide. Eagles in a sense have nothing to lose. They're outside the top 4 and it'll take a lot of upsets for them to sneak in. Adelaide however go in knowing that a slight **** up sees them lose a home final. And they know deep down they can't beat Geelong at the G. It'll be a cracking game.
They are steeling themselves for tmrw night, God forbid if they get an armchair ride thru the finals

Damn, yep, you're right. I mis-read!

I'd be happy with that scenario.
I think this would be the dream scenario for us but having said that I'm confident we could beat Adelaide in Adelaide aswell as Hawthorn at the MCG.
I wouldn't want to play Sydney in Sydney though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back