Oppo Camp Get in Eagles!

Remove this Banner Ad

My ideal scenario for how next week plays out:

- West Coast beats Adelaide on Friday night
- We beat/smash Melbourne on Saturday
- Sydney versus Richmond; it'd be nice to see Richmond win, but if the Swans win then so be it.
- GWS beats North Melbourne
- Bulldogs smash Freo and give their percentage a boost
- most importantly, Collingwood win their final game of the season getting over Hawthorn.

That would leave the ladder looking like:
1. Sydney - 17w
2. Geelong (swap if Richmond win) - 17w
3. GWS - 16w
4. Adelaide - 16w
5. West Coast - 16w
6. Bulldogs - 16w
7. Hawthorn - 16w
8. North Melbourne - 12w

Likelihood of happening probably ain't great, but a girl can dream can't she. This involves actively barracking for Collingwood which goes against everything I have been taught - you barrack for 2 teams, Geelong and whoever is playing Collingwood.

Alternatively, if we would rather play Adelaide week one of finals, North gets up over GWS, meaning they finish 7th and Hawthorn finishes 6th.
It is an insanely close ladder where you can play around with the results of the final round in the ladder predictor and have the Hawks finish anywhere between 1st or 7th.

Crazy year.

Really don't want to go there. I still wake up in cold sweats with the eagles theme song in my head after hearing it endlessly after the 92 and 94 grand finals. Its an awful evil song.
Do you know what's even worse?
"We're, a happy team at Hawthorn"
or
"We, are, the navy blues"

Go EAGLES!

I'm excited at the prospect of heading to a minimum of two big games at the G if we land a home final week 1.

Having said that, I realised I haven't attended a winning final since the big dance in 09. Was at the St Kilda and Collingwood losses in 2010 (missed the Freo game in between), living in England 2011-2013 and was there for every minute of the 2014 straight sets debacle in 2014. Attending 6 losing ones in a row would be a touch demoralising.

I haven't been confident all week that the Eagles can topple the Crows. For some reason though, my confidence is growing. Sloane is a massive out for them, and their midfield is their biggest weakness. Nic Nat is a big loss, but I believe the Eagles have the form and the confidence to give it a good shake. Would love to see a Cats vs Hawks QF, go Eagles!

I've had a similar feeling. With Sloane out, if Nic Nat wasn't injured it would have been the cherry on top for them gaining midfield ascendency. If they keep their mojo in spite of his absence (a big if) they can match up fairly well on them I reckon.

Do you know what's even worse?
"We're, a happy team at Hawthorn"
or
"We, are, the navy blues"

Go EAGLES!

The only othe team song I know virtually all words to other than ours is actually the Hawks - before the boos come in, the reason for that is that the Geelong Supercats use that as their team song with some good change:

We're a happy team at Geelong
We're the mighty Supercats

So I don't mind hearing too much, especially at the basketball but when it is played at the footy I just sing the adjusted words

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Adelaide lose tonight and GWS win tomorrow, the Crows are likely to finish 5th and face the prospect of getting knocked out by North in an elimination final.

According to the main board flogs, the Crows winning the flag this year is written in the stars, so I'd love to see egg on the faces of many of the flogs that post there.

If Adelaide lose tonight and GWS win tomorrow, the Crows are likely to finish 5th and face the prospect of getting knocked out by North in an elimination final.

According to the main board flogs, the Crows winning the flag this year is written in the stars, so I'd love to see egg on the faces of many of the flogs that post there.

North can't beat Top 8 sides sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back